[BUG] - Cannot fill waterskin or glass flasks from a large well

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: US

I am not sure when this bug was introduced. I have never known this issue until just today. But when I set a large well, and tried to fill my waterskin from it, I could not do it.

I waited an adequate time for the well to fill to where there was visible water in it. I can drink from it. However, waterskin filling just does not work. For the sake of science, I left Official Server #1800 and went to single player. There, I also could not fill waterskins or glass flasks.

When did this break? I know that it hasn’t been so long ago when I REGULARLY refilled my waterskins at a large well at the volcano near the obelisk.

For what it’s worth, I tested this in single player on a large well placed on foundations as well as a large well placed directly on the earth terrain. Both yielded the same results - no water going into the waterskin. I can drink from the well. Just cannot use it to fill my skins. WTH?!

Thank you for any feedback, or any additional player experiences that you can share on the topic.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Craft a large well.
  2. Place the large well.
  3. Allow the well ample time to fill (5-10 minutes or so, until you can see a pool of water in it).
  4. Click “Use” on your waterskin while wading in the large well. Or, click the waterskin from your hotbar. Try both the same methods with glass flasks (empty orbs).
  5. The waterskins and the flasks do not fill.
3 Likes

Any chance of getting an acknowledgement on this bug? I would just like to know whether I need to scrap my large well, and place a different watering solution. Or, if it’s a known issue, and it’s already been corrected internally.

Until I have confirmation, I’ve decided to post information about the service disruption at the large well:

1 Like

It’s a known bug and on our list.

1 Like

It’s not listed HERE at your Community Reports, nor have I found it anywhere else. Had it not been for @Cauthey’s novel thread and his bump of a much older one I might’ve wasted valuable resources on a large well. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, Mr Elf!

1 Like

No, it’s listed internally as it’s not a medium priority right now. The Trello board does not list all bugs we report back to the team, only the high priority ones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.