BUG REPORT - Mod Autoloader allowing players with Mod Mismatch to load into game

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Crash | Bug
Server type: PVP (but Server type should not matter)
Region: US

Players who have client side mod list that does not match their destination game server mod list may be admitted to server with the mismatch. This appears to be a primary cause of the reported client side client crash/freeze after a couple minutes of play.

In my case specifically, my client side mod like matched server mod list for Titles and load order, but had a mismatch on version for a single mod. Log files sent to Ignasis showing the Mod Mismatch and I will highlight below how this shows that I was allowed in server with the mismatched mods loaded on client.

Snippet below from my client side error log shows a file causing error “MC_Pitch_LBPR.MC_Pitch_LBPR_C” I spoke with mod author, this file is a mod controller that exists in v7.1.6 but does not exist in v7.1.5 and represents the disconnect/mismatch between what my client was running and what the server was running.

I want to be clear, this is not a bug in LBPR, LBPR happens to be the mod in my list that was mismatched at the time of the error, once I ensured that my client mod list exactly matched the server mod list, I no longer experienced the client side freeze/crash after a couple minutes of play.

Several people have posted various workarounds all centered around players manually ensuring that their client mod list matched their target server mod list. We are treating a symptom and I believe this is the root.

I would contend that players allowed to access server with mod mismatch is a failure of the mod autoloader system which is technically a base game function and not a mod issue. We all get that funcom cannot support or troubleshoot individual mods, but the functions to allow modded play are core to the game.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Check client side mod list to ensure client has at least one mod with mismatched version against target server mod list
  2. Select server to join
  3. See the mod mismatch/Mod Auto-Loader screen come up indicating a mismatch was found (normally at this point the auto-loader is rectifying your mod list load and version)
  4. Gain access to game server, play normally and likely experience client freeze/crash after a couple minutes.
2 Likes

Hey @Shupa

Thanks for the heads-up. it’s been sent to our team so they can look into it.

4 Likes

Helped some of the People who still freezing. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.