Call to Action for resident Exiles Photographer

Hello, Exiles!

It has been a hot minute since I was able to talk to you directly, and I hope you are all having fun exploring new and existing Conan Exiles content. :slight_smile:

Even though some of us are lurking in the shadows, we see and love the creative content you share with us. Your videos, fanart, and your screenshots have blown our team away more than once, which is precisely the reason for this Call to Action:

We are looking to spice up our official Screenshot library for the Conan Exiles Store Pages and what better way to showcase the game than to showcase the creativity of its community:

Please send us your best screenshots for a chance to be featured in the official screenshot section on our Conan Exiles Store Pages. Should your screenshot get picked, we will fully credit you, and you’ll also get a Conan Exiles Complete Edition.

Requirements:

• Screenshots need to be of the Conan Exiles Base Game and mustn’t include Siptah

• You need to be the owner/creator of the screenshot

• As high resolution as possible (4k preferred). Please send us a smaller version for your initial submission. We will ask for a higher resolution should you get chosen.

• No mods, no DLCs

• We would love to see the things you’ve built! Extra brownie points if there are several players present

• While our focus is on things that can be built, please don’t be shy and send us your non-build screenshots as well

• Let us know the name you want to be credited with in case your screenshot gets picked. We will credit you with a subtle banner on the screenshot itself.

• Please do not add any text to the screenshot yourself

• Only two entries per participant. Choose the Screenshots you are most proud of.

Deadline:

• All Screenshots sent in before Wednesday the 5th of May 2021 will be considered for inclusion.

Please send us your screenshot to contest@funcom.com, and don’t forget to include the name you would like to be credit with should we pick your entry.

Thank you for reading and we are looking forward to seeing your creations :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Brilliant idea. Thank you for the great opportunities to engage with creators and the Conan community.

1 Like

Hi, Tascha

Pardon me. Did it mean Exiles land will not receive any visual update/change anymore?
I take it bad because exiles land look less beautiful now than before.
Exemple everyone should recognize: Water (oasis of Nehket lost all is charmed for exemple), The temple of frost look bad, the sky too even Midnight Grove looked better before even if it’s actually acceptable for me.
Before the visual looked a little like a comics so the ensemble was more coherent and beautiful. Artistically it was better before for exiles land. Sorry for the hs i wanted to point it a last time. (I play on ultra)
Thank you.

Good luck to every participant.

This is because the Screenshots are going to be shared on the Base Conan Exiles Store Pages and we can’t show anything that is not included in the base game in a screenshot.

7 Likes

Is there a way I can disable all my DLC in settings and start a new single player game to be sure no DLC is included in pictures?

1 Like

I mentioned this to my wife but the only place she would use non dlc would be starting out new on a server. Sandstone not likely to win a beauty contest.

1 Like

The team is very proud of what the art/engineering department has achieved with the update to the lighting on Siptah and they discussed introducing volumetric fog into Exiles but right now we cannot commit to it because of the impact it has on the client performance on the console version of the game. If we get a chance in the future it is definitely something we would want to do, but we need to focus on optimizations for Siptah and Exiles on consoles first :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You do realize that 99% of your player base has purchased and built in DLC, correct?
So the only pictures you will get are relics of the past or SP mode admin building on the fly.

2 Likes

Unfortunately with no dlc shots allowed I’ll struggle to find a photo that’s not just me against a nice scene in the jungle or something similar. Not sure how long it’s been since anyone there jumped into an official server but there’s really only ppl that are returning to check out updates and those that never left. Newbies build sandstone boxes, those that never left have most likely like me picked up dlcs and use them almost exclusively in our builds. This is going to shut down a large amount of possible entries. Don’t understand the thought process here.

3 Likes

Fair enough that’s actually fairly easy to understand lol. Looks like I’m spending the next few days looking for the best backdrop for some base game builds. It will give me something to do anyway. Cheers mate I was going to walk away from this but now it’s become my mission lol :joy:

2 Likes

Finally, a contest for PvP Black Ice Builds. Time to shine PvPers :laughing:

5 Likes

I have seen some amazing sandstone builds in brim lake too :rofl:

3 Likes

Kind of :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Contest over, winner right here :joy::joy:

3 Likes

So we see here an instance of the fact that console holds back PC. I’ve said it all along to much denial. I’ve also said FC needs to treat CE on PC and CE on console like exactly what it is: Two separate games that cannot be expected to be exactly alike despite sharing a theme. Both versions of the game would be better for it.

3 Likes

I submitted two screenshots, one outside the unnamed city and the other just outside The Highlands.

2 Likes

@Tascha ,Count on it , I am so on it ,I will start building right away , still one last question , it has to be from official servers only , not private , not admin mode , correct ?

2 Likes

This is not a marketing strategy push or a special promotion. We simply wanted to update the screenshot of the base game with new ones and thought it would be great to give the community an opportunity to be part of it. That is all. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s totally fine to use admin mode and private servers. Just remember to not show any mods or DLCs that are not included in the base game :slight_smile:

3 Likes