Cant Upgrade T1 Corner Stairs, Awnings

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America-East

I have several T3 foundations with stairs, one straight staircase with corner stairs on either side. I could replace the T1 sandstone stairs with T2 insulated stairs, but trying to do the same with corner stairs destroyed the T1 without placing the T2. Instead I just get the “failed to place building” error. The T1 stairs can be placed easily as intended but any higher tier refuses to even snap into the same location.

This issue is also similar with Awnings. I can place Wooden, Thatch and Khitan Awnings fine, but the Reinforced Wooden Awnings refuse to place.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. build any tier foundation
  2. build 1 straight/regular staircase of any tier
  3. only T1/Sandstone corner pieces will snap in place, any other tier will not.
2 Likes

Thanks for the report. I just thought I would respond and let you know this is a known issue. It is listed in the Issues and Statues thread, pinned at the top of PC Updates and Bugs. So Funcom is working on it :slight_smile:

Interesting, how often is that thread updated?
There are quite a few bug reports I cannot find in that linked Thread.

1 Like

I’m not sure, a decent amount. But as you pointed out, they don’t have every single bug reported listed in there. Could be a number of reasons why (ranging from simple reasons to specific reasons), so I won’t speculate on that.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.