Ceilings won't always replace, sometimes just overlap

Game mode: [Singleplayer]
Problem: [Bug]
Region: [AU/PAL]

As I am gradually upgrading my base from Sandstone to Insulated Wood, sometimes upgrading the ceilings won’t just replace them, sometimes the new ceiling will simply occupy the same space as the old one, and with going from Sandstone to Insulated Wood, it is very noticeable as the Sandstone ceiling seems oddly thicker than the Insulated Wood one. Oddly no other building piece does this, just ceilings. Luckily sometimes it will allow me to target the Sandstone ceiling to demolish it, but most times I have to demolish the Insulated Wood ceiling and try place another to fix it.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1. Build using Sandstone.
  2. Learn how to build T2 building pieces and start upgrading.
  3. Attempt to upgrade ceilings.
  4. Notice the ceilings aren’t always being upgraded.
  5. Waste resources demolishing ceilings and crafting new ones to finish the upgrade.
2 Likes

Hey there @CrystalGoddess

Thanks for your report. Our team is aware of this issue and they will look into it. :slight_smile:

Hi @CrystalGoddess

I have seen this quite a bit when I replace a tile that is on top of a column. If you are careful, and place your white screen dot on the sandstone that is available, you can destroy the sandstone tile. Just make sure it says “Sandstone Ceiling Tile” in the wheel, or you will be unhappy while you replace the wood tile.

I find it sometimes is easier to get rid of the sandstone from the bottom side.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.