Character Transfer in the form of character copy

Hello funcom and everyone

I want to via this post to make a suggestion for the character transfer which all of us players yearn to see it return .

What if character transfer could return as Character copy ?

In the form of character copy , a player can have the option to upload a copy of their character to spawn that copy to an other server as gearless/clanless max level character or a fully geared clanless max level character.

What do you guys think ?

Sounds like you want to pick up thralls into your inventory? :thinking:

That’s more or less what it what it was before. The only difference being that it removed your character from the previous server. If I understand you correctly, you’d like to see the previous server NOT remove your character, giving you the option to do it yourself—basically after confirming your character copied appropriately.

I wouldn’t mind, but I’d see a lot of people complaining about duping. You’d have people duping resources and equipment over and over. Yeah, no, I feel that won’t go over well. And transferring servers without inventory would be pretty boring. I want to be able to still share items. It kinda NEEDS to remove your character to work fairly.

The limit was ~220 items. With the merge, it worked.

Nope, to have an option like the one from single player to go to an other server and have the choice to either keep the original character or delete him.

I’m saying the only way around a straight copy of your character WITHOUT duplicating items on the regular would be to transfer with an empty inventory… and THAT would be boring. I know it worked with items before. That wasn’t my point. Having the option to keep your character would encourage dupers to keep it and keep duping the items.

I think that touches on crypto to keep downloaded content the same from different sessions.

That option, single-player to pvp, I think is why it was turned off.

Got it.

I don’t know how to dupe, but I’ve seen the breadcrumbs.

Yes, it would be boring to have to follow the crumbs. I understand boring. I’m just here for the fun and not for the demonstration of “leadership”.

The biggest issue with transfers, aside from accidental loss of character, was pvp. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, if transfers come back, no transfer from PvP to PvP. There should be ONE-TIME transfers from PvP to PvE or PvE-C to PvE to prevent exploits, and unlimited transfers from PvE to PvE. You should never be able to transfer back to PvP, that includes a first time transfer from PvE to PvP.

2 Likes

The worst part is even with transfers off it didn’t stop the zerg clans.

I’d like to see them bring transfers back period.

3 Likes

That is the cookie cutter approach. I’m just saying that, with crypto, it could be further made secure. There is the motive. Cross-play is another motive. Nomadism is on the wish list. :man_shrugging:

That is what some want, but then it smells like Ark with body vaults.

Otherwise, I don’t disagree to bringing transfers back.

1 Like

Server transfers are a soft, no from me.
Soft because… from EL to Siptah and back? Sure, so long as it’s just two servers linked.

But like it was before, when cowards could transfer in offline raid then transfer out and avoid repercussions? That is a hard NO.

I don’t mind being raided, so long as I have the opportunity to return the favor.
Transfer to “server unknown” destroys PVP IMO.

1 Like

But if the character transfer was back as a way to copy the character only and transfer a gearless/clanless copy to an other server. Would that prevent griefers from abusing the character transfer to escape to an other server with the stuff of their victims?

Well with the return of the character transfer as character copy I believe that if the mechanism will allowing you to transfer a gearless/Clanless only, it will work as a safety thing for a player not loosing his character during transfers and preventing griefers from abusing the character transfer to leave on a other server with the stuff of their victims.

I don’t understand how transferring without inventory will help with character loss. The issue isn’t the loss of inventory. It’s the loss of the character. That’s gonna potentially happen regardless. Besides, as I mentioned before, no one wants to transfer without inventory. It’s only good as a one time thing for those that want to go to a new server and start over. It loses the value of transferring.

If it’s just two servers linked, they couldn’t “escape” they would be on one map or the other.
I’m playing on a private server right now, with modded portals between EL and Siptah.
And traveling back and forth from one to the other is awesome.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.