Combat....seriously wtf happened?

If you are referring to a Teimos nerf, then it is coming, worry not.
I protest a lot of times about the Teimos thing, yet I couldn’t see the importance of this thrall on pvp servers. I am far from these thoughts anymore and to be honest, when I play pve I care only to kill him for the mask :rofl::rofl::rofl:.
Tugra on the other side, for me, has sentimental value. He was the first thrall that didn’t die in lava touch so he became a small God in my eyes :rofl::rofl::rofl:. Later on Tugra on the new thrall system will gain so big survival stats that made him a really good follower “teacher” for every new player. Tugra dies hard but needs help in fights WITHOUT baby sitting. There for the new player knows that he has to move his but in to the fight to finish someday :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

(off topic sorry)
I loved the God thralls, I ain’t gonna lie, I really miss this monster Spinas who was killing on sight. Yet I was not the fighter, just the bearer. Most of the people I knew and speak back then in pve servers were playing encumbrance build. If someone didn’t, we were asking why not? No matter if you go full strength you will not hit harder than a thrall :man_shrugging:. Thralls back then could leave unconscious the whole darfari camp in seconds.
Now my friend, no matter what thrall I train, except Spinas and Dalinsia, I will kill first and go back to my thrall to help and THIS IS AWESOME!!!
I believe this helps both pve and pvp. The reason I don’t mention pve c it’s because it’s a form of “light” pvp.

Whatever comes my friend @Sairdontis, we will embrace it and keep it going :wink:.
Thanks for chatting :+1:t6:.

1 Like

Gotta say again…did they nerf the nameplate view distance or something since Siptah was released? I don’t remember it being this bad at all.

Testing it in Sepermeru. I literally have to be 4-5 feet from the NPC before their name ever pops up. And that just feels like it’s too close, for some reason.

I haven’t really kept up with the patch notes or anything, but it feels like the distance is a lot shorter now. Like it was for a balance or immersion thing.

Edit: Entered the Cellar, killed Szeth and got his truncheon. Got a RHTS on the wheel. But something it puzzling me. Maybe it’s a setting I have. I equipped the Truncheon because only Sully had one on him. And I noticed I’m only doing 1% of the RHTS’s bar for each hit.

Is there a setting or something for this? It seems really low, even if it’s a high level thrall. Or maybe that is just how it is, I’m not sure. It felt like the same when using the crappy Wooden truncheon I started out with. Just no real concussive force behind it.

1 Like

It needs blunded fitting and you need strength. I have four perks in strength so I hit better than my thralls in this part. I play official.
Officials are in decadent difficulty.
If you touch the parameters, go admin panel, press default and restart your game.

That was Szeth’s Truncheon + Thuggery’s 100% boost, it was still only hitting for 1%, maybe 2% sometimes. I haven’t tested it with a blunt fitting yet.

NPC damage taken is 1.0 in the server settings.
But my damage multiplier is 1.7.

Not sure what else would affect concussive damage.

2 Likes

The advanced blunded fitting do the most job and not your truncheons. Ofcurce the truncheon you have with this fitting is the best on exile lands, but what makes the difference Is the fitting. I placed one advanced blunded fitting in a wooden truncheon and I get a Berserker when I was level 30 with only one and a half perks on strength.
To repair your truncheon you need a legendary repair kit. Then fix an advanced blunded fitting and your life will be easier.
Now about settings, @Marcospt knows better, I don’t touch settings in single player, or maybe @sestus2009 too he has private servers years now.
Cheers m8 :+1:t6:

Yeah, in testing, the R2 hit with Szeth’s + Thuggery + Blunt was doing around 5% or so. Which seems a lot better than it was previously. Went back into the Cellar a couple times, now Sully has one as well, so I’ll outfit him with it. And I picked up a couple more RHTS to break and train up.

1 Like

I know how addictive catching thralls can be, but take what you need and move one. In my single player game I wanted all the named thralls of the game no matter how good or bad they were. You will love Dalinsia, it’s a promise :wink:

I’m going around Sepermeru picking some. The Wine Cellar makes a great reset to alter the ones that are outside, without the need to kill everything inside to force a reset.

1 Like

Something sounds broken. How many points do you have on Strength etc.? 5% would mean you have to hit them 20 times and the previous 1% would mean you had to hit them 100 times.

I only have like 38 on strength and I knock out a tough named thrall in just 6 or 7 hits with a standard “Steel Truncheon” without any weapon fitting at all. No purple…

Something doesn’t sound right.

My STR is 20.

Sully was only hitting for 1-3% and his STR score was like 24 + 16.

But on weaker thralls it is more like 10% or so in a hit, doesn’t take much. It just feels like named stuff has a much higher threshold.

1 Like

There is a bar above the health bars I see. Likely from the UI mod. Starts at 100% and decreases with hits from truncheons.

I have tried blunted arrows once or twice, but honestly they are useless in combat because of how fast everything moves. Best case is one or two headshots with them to start things off.

Yeah, I use a UI mod, and it shows % values. This is how I see the game world using it. Shows these having 750 HP when I get close enough, and 100%, a small bar, (black because I configured it for that) will appear above it when they are hit by a truncheon. And it starts to decrease as they are hit. I’ve been using R2 for heavy strikes, because light strikes just seem completely worthless on it.

It helps a lot. Maybe the Exiles are capable of determining direction and stuff, but I’m not so good at it. So I added stuff to help me as a player more.

Easier to see durations for the food/drink needs. I can see a better representation of my health, and how much I’m losing per hit when I take it.

I can see the time of day in the Exiled Lands which helps to better know how long I have until nightfall. (Also just noticed in the Cellar, apparently at night, dungeons are darker than in the daytime. I can’t even see the door after midnight, but during the day I can see the exit.)

Plus I see my weight and max, so I know my margin on carrying stuff, and the compass helps in conjunction with the map, so I know if I want to head in a direction, I can have the facing to help me.

Yeah, I don’t like it all being hidden behind multiple menus. Serves no purpose.

I think I lost Sully. xD I need to back out to the main menu and reload to see if he returns. He is hung in the building near the cellar, it seems. Fell through the world maybe.

Ah, I just went to main menu and back, and he was right there standing on the pier nearby. Hauled my T4’s back to my camp to call it a night. I have 3 RHTS, an Overseer, the Lone Fisherman, as well as another Armorer.

Been doing a little math. While Szeth’s is a good truncheon for thralls, no doubt, I’m thinking Steel isn’t so bad for the player.

Steel has a base of 35/40 and 437 durability.
But the Taskmaster(Driver) adds a 22% increase, that should be 42.7/48.8.
Another +12 for the Blunt Fitting to become 54.7 and 60.8.
+100% for Thuggery sets it to 109.4 and 121.6.
The durability increase takes it first to 570.285, and then the fitting should drop it to 427.71735.

That’s only 10 points less durability, which isn’t really that bad at all.
Plus it is repaired via steel and leather only. Which are relatively easy to obtain.

Szeth’s on the other hand, is 45/50.
The +12 brings it to 57/62, which are just a bit more than 2 points higher than the Steel one.
And Thuggery puts it to 114/124, which are only about 4 and 3 points higher than Steel.
Durability ends up at 562.5, which is meaningless for a Thrall.
For the player, however, it requires Hardened Steel, Alchemical Base, and Oil. Which the hardened steel part can be a pain to come by when you run out and you’re busy in the south, since it means traveling up into the far north to get more Black Ice.

1 Like

You couldn’t see the importance of a fast level thrall that can get 20k hp on pvp servers?

lol.

1 Like

Sorry, I love this game, BUT the combat is trash. Not in philosophy or design but in competency. Enemies frequently miss me when they are right in my face and I them. They also hit me from waaaay to far back sometimes as well. Or when I am completely to the side and they attacked at a right angle to me. The hit detection or whatever causes the bug makes the game completely unplayable for me as a dodge, dodge, attack game. My philosophy as a result is just out damage and out tank whatever it is with my thrall. For example the Champion? Never, ever, NEVER would I try to solo fight her simply because the games combat mechanics are too broken to even stand a chance. It’s almost like the servers lag and then hit you with a bunch of stuff at once kind of like in the old school days of Diablo 2 when there would be a pause and then clank clank clank you’re dead. I’m on fiber optic and play on my own private server hosted by gportal. There is no way I would spend a bunch of time getting good gear in this game only to lose it to one of the many mechanical bugs.

I’ve also noticed the stagger you’re talking about. It seems to work opposite on my toon, I can’t hardly stagger no matter what weapon/combo I use with that weapon and then enemies are stunning me in the middle of getting hit. It’s almost like my hit registers damage to their health pool but doesn’t slow or interrupt their attacks at all. They just attack right through my attack and end up stunning/interrupting me.

I know that @Marcospt is already quoted this one, but I would like to inform you fellow exile that you are completely wrong in this statement!!!
Actually, if you want to learn how to battle in this game you should try every single mob without a thrall.
The reaction of every mob or boss in this game is a total pleasure and the fight is outstanding!!!
What is really difficult is to do a dungeon solo, especially the wine cellar is very difficult but not impossible at all and the taste I get is great when I manage to achieve such things, since I am not a skilled player!!!
And please by all means, don’t think that I underestimate my self, I met skilled players so I know I am not one of them :man_shrugging:.
Every weapon exist for a reason!!
Every combo exists for a reason!
Every combination reacts different and give excellent outcome!
What I love the most however is that no matter what weapon you use, the one that gives you confidence in fight, is the best for you to use!!!
I have seen people use all the kind of weapons against anything and because they “master” it they are poets in war!
I beg you @Criosdaidh, do not “ground” the battle mechanism of the game because you haven’t master it yet, it’s not correct and please take no offense about it.
I suggest you to master a weapon and go out alone, you’ll love it :grin:.

2 Likes

@Marcospt
When you fight with mace and shield, you fight like a poet. This combination, I never use or ever think to use in this game. Look your videos, you may love the power that void forge Gladius is giving you, but with mace and shield your fights are extremely correct, almost flawless, you go in to fights with better concentration and the chances to loose are minimum. I feel this confidence with the war axe and torch :rofl::rofl::rofl:, sometimes I hold torch even in daylight :person_facepalming:t3:.
I have seen people fight with spears non stop literary everything, or 2h swords, or daggers, or whatever, but it was their main!!! This teached me that there is no better weapon, just the one you wield the best.
The master builder I had in La Legion, was using katanas like no other, I couldn’t believe what he could do with katanas.

1 Like