CONTEST => Calling ALL Modders & Artists

In the long ago past of B.C. (Before Culling), I might have been interested. I am only still here on the off-chance they decide to pull back the follower limit and give me a reason to keep playing.

1 Like

Nice work there Trappist01x, and man you were quick off the mark there too. Just for the record, there is no rush and we all have pleeennty of time. I liked

Axe: first or second
Shield: first one
Sword: first one

Great work.

2 Likes

Im right there with you in this one Gavinrad. I think to myself: if we snuck it to Croms personal armoury, what would his goodies look like
? I tend to visualise them as being very bleak, dark, strong and rudimentary. He is a savage barbarian god who values battle prowess, not decadent luxury. So I couldnt see him having gold a jewels everywhere.

That said, dont let me tell you what to think or percieve entrants. Im after your take on them, not my own.

3 Likes

Utilitarian is good, Crom strikes me as the utilitarian type. Thanks Mikey. For me an Anvil is definately a fair and true representation of Crom. For me the ability to strive and slay couldnt be better embodied than by a barbarian having the ability to forge a formidable weapon for ones self (not someone else do it!), and to wield one to devastating effect in battle. As the lore says ‘strength in their sword arm’.

4 Likes

Of course you can Mavelle, you can utilise any design YOU like. Remember that this contest is based on your own percetions, whether they do or do not align with what you have seen. Either way is A-OK. So for that reason, to me it is not too far removed from the cannon at all. Bear in mind that we already have the Riddles of Steel pack too, so its definately not out of place. :slightly_smiling_face: Its a damn solid movie and a good design. Same with Conans fathers sword in it, which was forged as a tribute to Crom (The runes on its blade are translsted as: “Suffer No Shame Ye Who Wield This In The Name Of Crom”)

4 Likes

This is the coolest thing ever. I found this Contest last night, when I was trying to learn about the update and I love competitions AND Conan Exiles, so I had to try.
I just made this account, so I can’t upload images yet or tag anyone, but I will draw/paint more things and upload them, when I can. I promise you guys. :blush::blue_heart:

I really like the anvil idea.

7 Likes

I’m finally able to post, so like I promised, here are a couple of sword designs.

15 Likes

hmmmmm

I think this ‘new user’ is actually a Funcom designer just testing whether their new ideas are liked.

Nobody has any other reason to be that good at concepting. :thinking:

Mrs Funcom Employee

The 1st ones looks great, though I think if the spikes where more like large squared serrations it’d fit the ‘rugged’ bill a lot more. The overall shape and clunky-ish size is really lovely I could totally see this as a Crom worshipers weapon.

The second one also absolutely great as a fantasy sword, but maybe not quite Crom style
 I’m thinking this would be something out of the Khari or RH’s arsenal who like all them Set snake style curvy swords. they’ve got curved swords! curved swords!

Make em out of weathered hardened steel and you got yourself some damn fine lookin blades. :+1:

1 Like

My idea about Crom is new moves.

Something like if you have 10% life left or less you throw a two handed axe (if you have this weapon because its a Crom weapon we can say it same for the two handed sword) right to the ennemy who get instant kill (by luck, by skill or we can say by Crom). Because Crom is something you must have instinct, brutality, no hesitation, luck, heart who make you someone you can survive many things others could’nt.

For no abuse (farming boss) just add cooldown of 48h or something like that.

For pvp you can always dogde just add particule effect or what, anyway we see the life of our foe so its ok we can anticipate.

Another thing. There something i like in Conan the series with Ralf Moeller. When he move his two handed sword around him and take the pose. Maybe add this move for parring attack and finally when he take the pose push the button for hit the foe. Maybe even push the button at this moment (that we can delay a little for more skill) for throwing the two handed sword.

Maybe even possibly have a Crom pendant who give these faculty visually. So you can choose between a new move or more armor and bonus. So this pendant can be a replic of Conan pendant. Three different move = three different pendant. Anyway everyone with Crom as Godfather should be topless. XD

There is the “Wheel of pain” pendant: Animation for two handed sword moving around and taking the pose feet well with the name.

https://www.yourprops.com/-Wheel-of-Pain-pendant-made-from-scratch-movie-costume-Conan-the-Barbarian-1982-YP13524.html

The Thulsa Doom pendant.

https://www.yourprops.com/Temple-Snake-Medallion-replica-movie-prop-Conan-the-Barbarian-1982-YP54934.html

The serpent cult pendant.

https://www.yourprops.com/Conans-Snake-Medallion-replica-movie-prop-Conan-the-Barbarian-1982-YP64478.html

Edit: For the sound when the move is disponible and activable add a stormy rain/stormy cloudy effect with nice sound and when we push the button for throw the blade we heard the thunder.

2 Likes

I really like the meteorite star metal shield idea. Very creative, nice work.

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth: Thank you so much !! You flatter me, but unfortunately I’m not. I did it for fun because it makes me happy. :art:
Thanks for your input on the design, I have more designs to come, but I’ve been busy taming horses. :horse_racing::video_game:

3 Likes

Great idea. :clap:

1 Like

Another idea.

Adding a way when the character is about to die or if you face more than 3 enemy your character automatically insult “By Crom!” “By Crom and his devil!” (Need to check the books)

Add visual effect to this insult and after what all foes around you got intimidate, chocked or stunned (need to be discuss like all the idea i post i just write what i imagine on the moment so i don’t go far) or what by your vigorous insult and all of them get mid life automatically because? Parceque voila.

I can’t imagine Crom weapon or what. Even an Anvil i don’t see the thing. Hmmm I see more a big table for dinner with a nice throne for crom as “Altar”. And beef bones on a corner of the table (Conan have often a beef bone in his hand because he like it he even hit someone with it sometime). So Maybe i’ll edit this post with a draw later trying to design a nice Crom throne. hmm Possibly adding some dead corps around the table sitting on chair and all of them are your ancestors dinning with you is a nice scene. (Or the best warrior you have killed)

2 Likes

Love that idea!

2 Likes

Oooooooh, LARGE squared sarrations!! I made them small
 :cold_sweat:

I’ll redo.

1 Like

Waittttt i didn’t seee iiiit

post em both :+1: :eye: :lips: :eye: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Large squared serrations

Small square serrations

:wind_face:Two-handed COLD Crom Sword :mountain_snow:

I don’t know if this would work, it was just an idea.

10 Likes

WHOONF those are great! To be honest
 those small serrations came out really nice! oops

Might be a trick of the eyes; but the large serration looks like a short one-hander, and the small serration blade looks like a huuuge two-handed piece. I reckon Crom would be damn proud of both those un-weidy bulky heavy blades that only a true master can whack. But by Crom do they whack good

And that last one! N I C E!
Ymir has his eye on that one, don’t let them damn Nordheimers get it h.h

2 Likes

That last one is AMAZING!

1 Like

Bumping this to keep the topic alive.

2 Likes