Core Game: Failed to Login! - Fail to login to Funcom?

Hello @Grymm, we’ve verified that this issue is related to the Steam services as the game client is having trouble accessing their connection manager servers, which can be verified by the following line in the game log:

LogFuncomLiveServices:Error: Login failed: Failed to connect to Steam WebAPI GetUserInfo: Timeout.

These downtimes usually last from a few minutes to a couple of hours, after which the live services should resume working as expected.

7 Likes

I started this game and everything seemed fine. Then after a restart becaus of the mods I got this message too

Edit: And it clearly doesn’t happen to everyone! Three of my friends can play without problems

Thanks @Hugo, much appreciated.

That is nice to hear, but the first post was about 2 hours ago…My day is nearly over and i can hope to play today? yeah…great -.-

This is absolute garbage design that we can’t play an offline game because Steam can’t keep its online services functioning.

1 Like

Happily, it looks like my recent sacrifice of one of my players to Crom worked and I just got onto server - oh joy, what gladsome news (I do wonder though, who *eed on Steam’s sparkplugs?)

1 Like

Having the same problem aswell. Grymm what did you do to fix it? Or did it just magically work again? Bc I am having the trouble for an hour, after my game crashed upon my servers Restart.

Tried everything, including restarting my PC, Router, even logged into another Steam Account. I still can’t make it work. Steam seems to work fine. I can access my inventory without a problem and other game seem to work too.

1 Like

I was just able to log in. Maybe it works for you too?

The problem is with “BattlEye”!

1. Start Conan Exiles on Steam.
  2. Uninstall “BattlEye”.
  3. Start Conan Exiles on Steam.
  4. Install “BattlEye” again. Click ok
  5. Start Conan Exiles on Steam.

Then everything goes back to normal. At least that’s how it was for me, now everything is working again. Sorry for my poor english, i use google translator! :wink:

1 Like

It worked! You my dear are truly a harbinger of good news <3

1 Like

Been trying and failing to get in all day. Considering I have been playing solo, this is getting infuriating. I should be able to use solo when the servers are not working.

Steam and all my other programs on steam work fine though without any issues. Not sure why this game in particular is not working if it is a steam problem.

Conan Exiles authenticates ownership through certain Steam subsystems before allowing connection to the Live Services, games that do not rely on these should always work despite any issues on Valve’s side.

3 Likes

Yeah, according to Downdetector, Steam’s issues have been resolved and you should have no issues accessing CE.

Still giving problems, and those were actually the origin of my earlier post asking when will we be free from Steam.

A mucha gente le pasa

Hello all Im still unable to connect to live services, its been days of this message for me. Various of my servermates get on with no issue.

Yep. I’m right back to having issues again myself. “Failed to Login. Restart or Try again”

How can this happen so often?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.