Do NOT nerf the Sword of Crom again!

First of all, I’ll say that I do not think the sword should be nerfed, but my reason is solely because it takes away what makes it unique, not because of anything to do with Crom.

The Sword as it currently exists in the live version is too overpowered for allowing thralls to use it, so I do not support keeping the current stats while enabling its use for thralls. However, the same is true for any weapon that has an increased stamina cost modifier, like Momentum. To be clear though, I am not saying thralls should never be allowed to use these weapons, rather that thralls should not be able to use them without also suffering some sort of penalty like a player using them would. I offered a suggestion on resolving that before.

The Sword of Crom is named after Crom, that is it. Crom had no part in its construction or function. Hanuman’s Gada supposedly was used by Gada personally.

Crom is not opposed to the worship of other gods, he is opposed to people praying to him specifically. Crom’s gift to humanity is provided at birth, so petitioning him for anything is insulting him, as you are effectively telling him that his gift was not good enough and you want more.

3 Likes