For those who are afraid of Thrall Rebalancing

That would be true, except this is not an MMO, and it’s not about high level tier content.
This is about rebalancing the entire game towards the player, at the moment it’s only about how strong your thralls are, but that’s fine, you don’t want to be strong, don’t you?, you want your thrall to protect you while you pick rocks and sleeps peacefully knowing that they can one-hit anything from 50m away that tries to aproach your base… and you know what? that still works, maybe not the one-hit kills which is great for pvp players, but in the pve experience, it doesn’t change at all, you just have to play with more caution, not because of this patch but the previous one, where NPC’s got a nice buff to their AI that let them fight in group, not like idiots, going one by one. I wishh that would also apply to thralls but they seem to be dumber now…

The best thrall with the best gear and max level should be safe enough to roam around without problems but even then should be fall in the player’s hand if it can survive or not, they are not intelligent to choose when to flee, to dodge, or block effectively, and now you can at least tell them when to attack or stop.

The reduction to boss health pools takes care of all of my trepidation on this matter.

I am very pro slider of course.

2 Likes

I am sorry but why is we never think of new players alone trying to learn the game. Level 60 is a long way away for them.

So that is why bosses are open to enter at any level, pretty hard to not do a boss when you are standing in front of it at level 25, so guess they need to make it so if not level 60 you can not even enter a boss dungeon. If you play the game and do not power level , level 60 is not just a week long thing, you speak like every one is on the same level or that everyone wants to speed though the game missing important things. New players can hardly get across the newbie river for corrupted crocs and black corrupted king kappa, oh lets not forget those ever so friendly corrupted hyenas.

Many forget level 60 players are not the only ones playing this game , new players never touched the game buy it then spend weeks just learning how to make armor as not like the games holds your hand and tells you how to do anything.

So we should just once in a while give a crap about newbie, they spent their money too and for them getting to level 60 in not a walk in the park. So not every one has the best armor in the beginning.

Those of us who have been level 60 for months this is easy but for those that have not or just brought this game, its a long haul to the north for star metal on a pvp server when you are still just learning.

Pretty hard to test the boss change or any of the other changes in this new patch , test live seems to be broken. Or am I wrong and it is fixed so we can test?

2 Likes

Should the whole map be walled off? You’d die instantly if you went north at level 1. Why not put a giant door over the border in that case? That’s a weak argument, even if you fight a boss at a lower level you should have a basic comprehension that 3 skull health bar means big scary bad guy and to try again at a higher level.

I just give up lol no reasoning with some of you. You see nothing but your own point. Have a great Saturday.

1 Like

You too.

You too.

2 Likes

Strongly disagree. Attempt bosses at any level you wish. I started taking down some of the world bosses at level ~45. It just takes a LOT longer and costs way too much healing items than when you’ve got the lvl 60 gear. It was pretty disheartening to have skeleton keys in hand but still unable to open the legendary chests.

Frigging right they do.

1 Like

To each their own. I just see no point because you should spend your time leveling so you can actually use the skeleton keys, instead of just accumulating them for nothing. The design is to push you to focus on leveling, the game only really opens up after 60

At the time of this post, it’s still broken. From what I’ve read, the only easy way to access testlive is to launch the regular game and connect to testlive servers from there.

1 Like

Not quite. You have to opt in to the beta through steam’s game properties.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction. I hadn’t tried it, only tried the testlive client.

So the first time you ever played you just leveled to 60 on server alone with out knowing any of the info on what or where to go to get things or how to do things. Well great to you really. Many of us had to learn the game, maybe even die a time or two lose all the stuff have to go back and remake it all but I forget PVP has 4x so well guess easier on xp to start with but then again not every newbie has the skill. I just think we need to keep it fun and challenging also for new people who just purchase it or for casual players.

I have not had a chance either to test the new boss changes along with the new thrall hate list fixes if they are added yet , will as soon as test live is up and running.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the newbie experience. Trial by fire, learn by loss. Nobody came into this game instantly professional, we all were there once. You’re supposed to learn from your mistakes and improve, not linger on it. The game isn’t supposed to hold your hand through everything, it’s a barbarian survival game.

2 Likes

Part of the newbie experience is to struggle, to learn how to solve the problems you face, to discover and test new things, it’s part of every game, a problem to solve and a reward for doing so.
In my first character i made to lvl 60 i had many experiences, with the world, thralls, and the building mechanics, i remember figuring out how to make round towers, and understanding how the stability system worked, even now i’m still learning a few things, that’s the fun of it.

I also remember the first time i went into Gallaman’s Tomb, a cave in the newbie river with brimestone and crocs… i was exploring the area without knowing what could i expect, torch and sword in hand i survived many crocs untill i found the croc boss and killed me so fast that i understood that i needed to be more prepared next time. With a bit of luck i captured a greater hyena, it was my first pet ever so i thought it was normal it had about 8k hp, went with it inside thinking that maybe i would have a chance now, and the hyena alone killed the croc in a matter of seconds… to be fair that boss is very weak, but nevertheless, it was so easy, that i thought that had to be something wrong, a bug? no, it was perfectly normal, Thralls and pets were OP, and they still are.

Is it fine? maybe in the short sight, a problem solved by capturing a greater pet, but any pet or thrall could have done it, well, maybe a deer not so much. In the long term, it was ridiculous, it was like playing Mario bros. with the star from the begining to the end, could be fun for a while but you take away almost every challenge from the game, i kinda enjoyed it, but always showed my discontent about the strenght of thralls and they only made them stronger.

To me thralls and pets are an important part of the game, necesary for the full conan exiles experience, but i don’t want them to do everything for me, now it’s about the thrall’s strenght in combat, the next thing i hope they include is the skill to be an expert crafter, i can imagine choosing a profesion from the character creation, for example blacksmith, to be able to craft and master the profesion to not rely on thralls for that particular skill.

Back to the topic, they just balanced bosses in relation to thrall power, i think that now it’s even easier than before, they still hit hard but with far less HP, i’m very happy about it, taking away those extra minutes of repeating the same thing over and over untill i killed the boss is great of the user experience.

3 Likes

the pve people are the problem, this people want to rule the game in one month

Please don’t make blanket statements like this. PvE people, just like PvP people, are not a homogenous group with identical goals. If they were, balancing the game would be easy.

I’m currently testing an Exile Fighter I, bottom of the barrel. I caught her after she impressively survived a fight against three shalebacks (she didn’t kill them, she survived them to the point where I killed the three) and decided she was worth my effort.

You know, Exile Fighter I’s start with 0’s in all stats and low chances to raise them, except Survival, their favored stat. I equipped her with flawless non-Epic heavy armor, a flawless DLC (epic) spear, and a pot of gruel, and set her loose on various low-level enemies, such as crocodiles, rocknoses and Exile camps. She’s doing fine, even though she has a wimpy 384 hitpoints at level 4. (Admittedly, the gear isn’t low-level, but they’re there to compensate for the fact that she’s the worst possible thrall. I could’ve got an Exile Fighter III instead, they’re equally easily accessible for low-level players.) A T4 Exile fighter with similar gear, at level 6, takes apart gorillas and grey apes without really slowing down and taking minimal damage.

Remember, it’s the 20k hitpoint Dalinsias and Volcano thralls that are getting the biggest nerfs. Remember, it’s the same 20k hitpoint thrall that was, during testing, determined to be an error that shouldn’t happen, but apparently it went through to live anyway.

The problem isn’t that thralls are getting nerfed into oblivion. The problem is that we got too strong thralls, who are now getting brought back to the level where they were meant to be, but we already got used to the “too good to be true” versions.

2 Likes

I have to agree with @Cyryus on this one. It’s really not any different. They lowered thralls then lowered bosses. It’s pretty much right back where it was with just smaller numbers. TBH I think if they give players a small buff to HP and DMG they will have hit the sweet spot.
And also GO TEST IT!!! Please they need people helping to test, giving feedback, and reporting bugs. The more people that help the more stable the patch will be when it drops.

2 Likes

I’d consider this a buff by reduction. The nerf of both bosses and thralls make the player stronger by comparison. If they buff players, it’ll mess with the rest of the game, as you’ll be able to cakewalk everything including non-boss enemies.

As someone who has tested the new bosses and can solo almost every boss in the game in under 3 minutes without the top gear, I don’t think a buff is necessary.

2 Likes

I hope to post tonight my test run on curretn testlive build. And for posterity puroses, i used things that are easily recognizable as far as wepaons and armor. My thinking is, if i did not research about legendary, what thrall, or best this or that. I uese recipes that show up in the craft stations.
So hardened steel weapons
Heavy exceptional armor (not flawless.
Haunch
Healing arrows
Janos from new Asagarth. all would be things that a newer player who hit 60 would have interacted with easily. Named thralls are common sense, because when you fight the NPC, there is noticeable difference in the DMG, and also the gold bar should tell any gamer, hey i am special.

1 Like