Game doesn't save correctly!?

From what I gathered so far playing the game for about 5 days in a row, using any kind of wheel of pain will make the game crash and/or lose progress. I need to do more testing, but playing online with thralls in the working stations (smith, carpenters, etc) make the game very buggy and freeze and results in a crash with loss of progress. I tried it 3-4 times, but we also had a wheel of pain at the time, so I need to do more testing whether only the wheel is responsible or the thralls were also a problem.

Playing single player with no wheel of pain and hadnt bugged for like 3 days, until I put a wheel of pain in with a thrall priest inside. Then I lost my savegame and had to import it from cloud (playing on ps4).

Let’s hope Funcom’s working on it, I really love the game but it’s still so messy, yet new dlcs are already popping to grab more money… I’m hesitant to buy even though they’re really tempting.

1 Like

Trying this out now that I have time to play a little bit. Started new save and am not going afk. If I have to step away I exit game. 1.5 hours in and so far so good. No workstations built no thralls. Going to build a decent starter base and place a wheel of pain last. Have exited 3 times with no freezes no crashes and nothing lost yet

1 Like

I think if you use the admin panel to spawn thralls and use them in your working station, you’ll be fine in single player but it needs more testing as I corrupted my game with the wheel today. For now, I just finished testing how to have more savegames for single player on ps4. Simply making offline profiles on the console allows saves to be saved separetely so each profile has its own save. Now I can make a disciple of each god and enjoy different roleplays and looks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been taking it easy quitting to main menu and letting it save. Decent sized base now. 3 smelters 1 tannery and an armored bench. Successfully used all 3 benches. Still no thralls no afk and no wheel of pain. So far so good will keep testing tomorrow to try to find when no save starts to happen

3 Likes

I am having the same problem with progress not being saved and items being deleted. A couple days ago I logged on and my entire base was gone. I have been building this base since I started playing. I figured it was just a glitch and rebuilt it. Since then every time I log on some progress has not been saved and items are missing. Sometimes an entire structure is gone and sometimes it is just a crafting station or thrall. Tonight I logged on and my structure is completely empty and again my progress has not been saved. I have destroyed the abyssal remnant 3 times now because it is not saving my progress. My level hasn’t changed…I am playing on single player offline. This is so frustrating! I’m ready to give up on the game altogether but I love it when it is working and don’t want to! Please help!
I will try deleting my wheel of pain and getting rid of my Thralls and see if that helps. Thanks for the info

1 Like

I’ve lost everything, with and without a wheel of pain and thralls. I’ve reinstalled and deleted my old save, starting fresh and got maybe 6 hours of game time before I get screwed over again.

This game is hooped until they fix it, and from their latest news, its looking like nothing will be done about it until August. The games is broken and unplayable for a large portion, if not all of our ps4 players? Well, 'aint that a shame! it sucks they paid money for our product but hey, it keeps our business afloat! We totally understand your frustrations though, and though we understand, we don’t care enough to right the wrong of not only taking your money for a worthless product, but your most precious commodity as well: Time. And we are going to use more of your time by taking some time off, even though we should probably suck it up and take a vacation after the problem is fixed. But nah, its quite obvious that our reputation as a good game company means quite little.

Seriously, take this game off the shelves (for ps4 at least) until it is legitimately playable because it as it is now, you guys might as well be thieves.

I have my hopes that their little patch tomorrow will inadvertently solve the problem, but I highly doubt it. If the track record shows anything, it will break more than it will fix. Hell, once the patch goes through, I wouldn’t be surprised if it causes my neighbours cat to clip through the fence.

4 Likes

Lmao hahahaha. Maybe next time it will not even load up. I mean that is basically all there is left to happen now. You know I wish they would just come out and say the truth. That they can not fix the PS4 version. It would take to much time and money to do so. The game was never meant to be ported over. Plain and simple. Yes PC players you will then see your precious mounts in game because I am pretty sure the only reason yall arent getting them now is the memory issues with the consoles. It sucks it really does. Like I could have used that money and time on something else. I should have learned my lesson with Anarchy Online. But the concept of Conan is pretty cool. I wonder how much longer they have the IP for.

1 Like

It would have really saved a lot of people time and money if they didn’t port it. Hell, I was damn close to getting Conan for PC but my PC wasn’t quite as up to snuff as I would have liked it to be, so I chose Ps4 over it.

Boy, calling that a mistake is a major understatement.

The real kick in the nuts is that when the game is working, its fun and I love it. But now, even though I would love to give Funcom money and buy it for PC or support them to fix it on PS$, they haven’t really shown me a reason why they deserve another penny out of me. The only way people know they are working on these problems is if they go out and search out the answer on forums, when they should really be making a public announcement/apology for the state the game is in, and honestly, they have waited too long for that now.

4 Likes

Exactly could not have said it better. You are exactly right.

2 Likes

I really love this game, but Funcom needs to get it together. My game had been working fine for a while now. This morning, I got attacked by a rocknose while logging out, when I came back. My hyborian amazon was changed into a tall old hyborian dude with big lips and long white hair. Lost my armor, my bearer pack, my sword and my shield too. I’m now trying to repeat this and see if it turns me back into a female. I also havent checked my base because I was away farming irons, but I expect problems…

2 Likes

My game stopped saving progress after I put the wheel of pain in, only way I found to fix it was to download my cloud savegame from a few hours ago to replace it and it started saving again.

1 Like

tried again, now all my armors disappeared but Im still an old hyborian dude. The chests at my outpost disappeared. Everything in my 5 furnaces smelting iron also disappeared. I’m heading to my base now…
Wow, everything survived there lol. My thralls, work stations, gear, chests, etc. I’m a reborn hyborian now I guess lol.

EDIT2: Here’s my new advice for those playing on PS4. Leave the game every hour or so, try loading it again. If it worked fine, take a minute to upload your save to cloud. Then keep playing, if the game bugs, the save is usually corrupted anyway and won’t save progress or upload to the cloud so you can just retrieve your save from last hour or less on the cloud. Reverting to cloud save has saved my game 5 times so far.

2 Likes

Update. Added 10 fish traps and expanded the base a little bit. Exited to save then ate dinner. Came back and went to gather some meat to cook exited game to let patch finish downloading. Restart game and spawn in highlands which I had not been to yet. Admin teleport back to base and all but the 10 fish traps is gone. Lootbag from tannery and a lootbag from 1 of the 4 chests. No freezes while exiting. No CE- whatever crashes. No time spent afk always exited if I had something to do. Maybe it was the update maybe it was same old glitch. No wheel of pain constructed or places. No thralls. Journey steps did not reset and I did not lose any levels or anything else. I dunno but I give up for now. Maybe I’ll try some more tomorrow

I suppose all this happens in offline single?

My only hiccup was last week, no blue screen, just the loading screen sending me to main menu upon exit freezing on me. On restart I lost some chests and placed items on tables. Since then, none of this happen again. Yet.

Regarding the fish traps, mine refuse to fill again after the first catch. Tried to let some fish in, and not completely empty them. Put them on ground, on foundations. They refused to catch anything, again. They were maybe 100 meters away from base, in the small lake by Trapper’s Cabin.

Now I built a large well, on foundations which are directly linked to my base, and put traps in it. They repopulate now. Same type of game in both instances, single, offline. Oh and this repopulating of the traps happened BEFORE the latest patch, so it wasn’t something this particular patch fixed. Very, very inconsistent.

Who has lost buildings. Try setting the server to include “disable building abandon” and restarting the game (not new game).
There are suspicions that the mechanics are broken.
On some buildings, the timer went down to 35h. Then he rose to 70h.
On the other does not fall below 359h. If the mechanics are broken this may explain the disappearance of buildings. Google translate.

1 Like

I have building decay turned off every single time I have lost progress I do not think it is a decay issue

Yeah also it is single player offline. When you exit the game the server doesn’t keep running. It is off until you go back in. So that wouldn’t be why it is happening.

1 Like

my saves were losing a lot of the progression till the last patch downloaded seemed to fix it but now I found a bug or problem with the repairing of items after the new patch was installed the frost gear and the dlc pack gear wont repair it starts to then just keeps the repair going nonstop so you can’t reequip your gear weapons and armor seem to have the problem has anyone found the same?

1 Like