Game Stopped saving

Game mode: | Bug
Server type: PvE single player
Region: US
Hardware: XBOX ONE X

Bug Description:

Played single player game for three days no issues, yesterday game stopped saving. I logged in and all my progress from night before was gone. I logged out and back in and tried building for a couple hours again, logged out through main menu, logged back in and all progress gone zero save. Game simply does not save anymore. I see there are many many people with similar issue but no real solution. Makes me Leary of spending any money at this point or playing at all for that matter if game will not save.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start XBOX, log in
  2. Start game
  3. play for any period of time 20 minutes - 12 hours
  4. build anything anywhere
  5. Log out through main menu
  6. Log back in
  7. All progress in gone zero save occurs

I have photos but cannot upload them since apparently I am a new user. I had waited 2 years before trying this game because developers nowadays release game way too early in a unplayable state. Apparently this game is still riddled with serious issues. The lack of a save feature definitely makes this unplayable.

Quick google search revealed one possible cause:

1. Profile switching issue?
  1. This one is more of a “what would cause this on PC” since I play on PC (and to be very clear, this is not a known issue on PC). Do you have enough space on the hard drive? If Xbox runs like it does on PC and I don’t see why it wouldn’t, then it’s locally saving the data to the Xbox somewhere. I would also suggest to check write protections, if there is such a thing on Xbox.

2. Everything else I found on Google has either long ago been fixed, or is unrelated. Only other suggestions I see is to check to make sure you are exiting to main menu instead of completely exiting the game (which sounds like what you are doing, but not positive). But I’m hardly the Xbox expert (or amateur for that matter), just happened to see your post before logging out and it got me thinking. I’ll tag a helpful member to see if they have any other suggestions for you to try.

@OctaviousWrex

I have seen this issue come up a few times, and the only similarities that were noticeable were different profiles being signed in during play. At least that’s the only commonality that I could see, but it didn’t seem to be universal as some players seem to experience it even with only one profile.

I personally haven’t had this bug occur. It seems to be very rare, but that doesn’t help the people it effects.

I did always exit the game to the menu and then shut it down, I also stopped the quick resume option so the game was fully closed, but I think that quick resume is only on the series x and s.

Sorry I don’t have any solid leads to help get it worked out

@Multigun @OctaviousWrex thanks for the helpful replies. Yes I saw the article about profiles when researching this issue but it didn’t really apply but thanks. And yes I always exit to main menu. For the past couple days I tried everything I can think of to troubleshoot this in the hopes of being able to play and also provide a solution for others dealing with this as well, but the game just doesn’t save. Oh well thanks again I just don’t really to have the energy to continue to resolve this issue. Maybe I’ll come back to this game in a few months and maybe it will be more stable experience. This seems like a pretty serious issue hopefully not too many people are experiencing it.

Hey there,

We’ve sent note to the team to see if we can replicate the issue on our end and consider a fix if it’s the case.

Thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.