Have Severed Legs been removed from the game?

I am trying to obtain a severed leg to use as an illusion, but having no luck. I’ve cleared Sepermeru several times and harvested the bodies using cleaver/skinning knive/axe and pick but only get human meat. Am i doing something wrong or have these been removed?

2 Likes

Yes, they have been removed from harvesting bodies. I’m fairly sure there is still a way to get them, but I can’t remember how. (Vague memory that maybe you find them on the ground near some of those body piles near some sorcerors, but I could be wrong about that - hopefully someone that can remember can add more details.)

2 Likes

I managed to find this reference - comes from 2022, so might be out of date, but it might get you towards what you’re looking for -

2 Likes

Still accurate as of yesterday.
The spot is on the southerly side, not far from where the three alchemist are hanging out. It’s sticking directly out of the bin.

1 Like

Likely was a memo from the HR department at Funcom: “We’ve gotta remove dismemberment to be more inclusive. Because it can be upsetting for people with Body Integrity Identity Disorder (BIID) who struggle with the desire to amputate healthy limbs. Additionally, the trope of violent masculinity doesn’t align with promoting positive portrayals of any gender and reinforces racial stereotypes when characters of color are disproportionately depicted losing limbs.”

1 Like

And it doesn’t spawn everytime :frowning:

Seems a bit unlikely, given that they’re adding fatalities to the game (whether people want them or not). More likely explanantion would be that, like the flying rhinos, they decided to remove them because of the constant jokes about how many limbs people would get from harvesting a single body.

1 Like

Nothing works everytime in this game.
It’s janky as cluck.
Even NPCs with a fixed spawn rate sometimes appear under the mesh or high in the sky, or are simply invisible.

Looks like features to me.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.