Illegal building constructions and Avatar Summoning re-enabled - Feedback and questions thread

Great! Thanks Mikey!
Thanks for checking

1 Like

The AI sees in 2D, so it is stacked a top each other 6 stories deep.
We will see

Uh, dude, things get calculated for placements in 3 dimensions. Anything in this game will have x,y,z coordinates. Overhanging stuff is not the issue, it’s objects taking up the exact same space. There’s been plenty of examples given about what they mean when they say ‘overlapping.’

Idrc about much of the changes to be honest…except those arrows… They need scrapped and reworked just a popular opinion i have also seen on YouTube as well. You bring those arrows out …you’ll break the game

That is not an overlapping structure. This is:

Please note that there’s more than one piece in that ceiling. This is what you’d get on normal circumstances:

As @Mikey pointed out, that’s legal. This would be the illegal version tackled with the patch:

In this case, the fence foundations that are going through the normal foundations will be nuked. Stability shouldn’t be affected in most cases since the stability would rely on the remaining pieces.

5 Likes

We’re discussing it right now, and it’s most likely going to be deployed tomorrow on PC and during the week on consoles. Certification is still undergoing in both console platforms, so we most likely will use this opportunity to add in a couple extra fixes into the PC patch and make it go through a few extra QA passes to ensure it releases in tip-top shape

4 Likes

and I waiting today for the gods to attack and nothing

It’s official.
We’ve rescheduled the patch to go out during this week. 48h activation buffer also confirmed for avatar summoning, meaning you will have a couple of days to get your defenses up once the patch hits your platform.
You can read about it in the official announcement here:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/psa-removal-of-illegal-structures-in-upcoming-patch/75447

3 Likes

So quick question can we apply god protection prior to the patch? Would the update erase them per say or are we safe to assume they will be deleted?

1 Like

Does this count as overlapping? Only the ends are, but you cant really build anything with fence foundations without the ends overlapping a little bit, so would like to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a high chance the bubble will disappear since it’s one of the mechanics tweaked with this patch. We would’t recommend relying on that, but you can try at your own risk.

Yes and no. It’s not overlapping per se, but it will be affected with the new fence foundation placement rules. Note that you’re using the middle socket in those fences, which is going to be removed with this next patch.

2 Likes

So it isn’t overlapping, but it wont be able to snap there (like fx the left vertical foundation is snapping to the middle of the left top horizontal)?

1 Like

Socket removal is the middle of the Fence Foundation. So everything where you have it connected directly in the middle won’t be possible post patch. In other words, only the “shell” that you have in your screenshot would remain.

2 Likes

That’s right. And as a result, once the patch hits live, any fence foundation snapped in that middle socket will get nuked (situation #2 mentioned in the announcement).

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the fast reply… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So if I build like that, to double layer, it would be left like this, and double layering like this wont be possible anymore?

1 Like

That double layering present in that picture won’t be available either, as it most likely seems to rely on that same middle socket.

1 Like

The middle socket was used to build it, but nothing is attached to middle sockets.

(I understand it wont be able to be built anymore, but since nothing is attached to middle sockets, will it remain if built before patch?)

In that case it seems to be an edge scenario and only checking it out when the patch releases would give a final answer on it, I’m afraid.

1 Like

Ok, only asking cos I’m about to build a new base and I don’t really want to when I don’t know exactly what will be legal yet. You can double layer in other ways without using the middle socket anyway, it just takes a little more work and this way is easy and neat.

But I guess I’ll just wait for the patch before building :slight_smile:

1 Like