Items from chests and positions have disappeared

What more do you want besides them taking action of the offending players, and have a patch that is going through internal testing?

Maybe a stream letting people know they took care of it, assurance that if we keep playing it won’t happen again. It’s a lot of time lost for a lot of people dude. I think that deserves to be acknowledged and assurances made. Otherwise I think a lot of people will just leave, which sucks because this game is one of the very best I have ever played…

1 Like

This game was officially released a year and a half ago. However, it remains filled with exploits. We stuck around after players built massive unraidable bases under the mesh. We continued to play even though players were using infinite stam glitching,cripple/bleeding/4thhit, 50allstats bug. We stayed for the continuous rampant duping that led to full server wipes after bases were leveled by 40-50 avatars in a row. Now, these players can fly through your base with admin commands and loot any chest,vault or station without consequence. They say these issues are taken care of, and the players removed from the community, yet here they are. Hundreds to thousands of hours of player effort gone in one night. Why should we continue to invest our valuable time when this company refuses to release a stable version. If you decide to continue playing I can guarantee you that at some point, these same players will return with the newest exploit, and your time will be wasted once again.

3 Likes

They have not done anything… he is currently on server 1589 blowing things up!

1 Like

Well that is just lovely

1 Like

Same for me, server 1588, nothing shows on log, everything but thralls is gone, locked chest and vaults etc all gone. This happened to other player on our server. Pleas investigate. This is beyond frustation.

1 Like

It’s started happening on PvE servers as well. One of the players on 1502 got completely cleaned out, and then the hacker logged out “in” their base (i.e. giant body hanging out the side). The fact that nothing shows in the Event Log means none of use really know if we’ve been hit until we’ve surveyed all our bases.

1 Like

There is a giant woman sleeping in the starter zone on 1589.

1 Like

Apparently, the updates and bugs team plans to release a fix to this exploit with the next patch, which is set to take place on December 19. This means that the player(s) responsible have 34 more days to destroy every official server on the list. This is especially tragic for pve players because they probably have many more items to lose considering there is no threat from players under normal circumstances. The perpetrators seem to be targeting the highest population official servers. It is clear that their goal is to reduce the game’s population further which in this case will be close to zero across all normally highly populated servers in a few days. I genuinely love this game despite it’s failings and I want to see Funcom succeed overall. I know they are aware of the issue, but I would like to see more concern and assurances given to the player base.

2 Likes

Given the severity of the issue, I can’t see them not releasing a hot fix before then. After all, if this continues for an entire month, there simply won’t be anyone left playing. I don’t see them taking an existential threat like that lightly.

2 Likes

1019 We were hit too by ARK-Human-123 everything is gone, we have nothing left. Literally everything is gone. Our tribe name is SuperWangs. Starting over from scratch should not be an option. THERE NEEDS TO BE A ROLL BACK. Named thralls that only come from purge were lost tons of other things. Literally everything gone when I woke this morning.

Having an official response of “We aren’t going to roll back” is unacceptable and FUNCOM needs to be held accountable. We the players need to speak up, without us there would be no game.

3 Likes

It might be an issue that they can’t rollback because the save points don’t go back far enough.

@Ignasi, Is there any way in which G-Portal or Steam could help out? i.e. Pulling the hacker’s IP range from logs and blocking them, suspending/banning accounts from the relevant ranges, using IPv6 addresses to contact their ISP and local authorities?

Failing that, what about setting alerts so that when the hacker is reported on a server, they can save the previous game.db file for rollback?

Hardware ID bans would be better than using IP. At least then the hacker would be forced to buy/use different hardware.

1 Like

I’ve submitted reports/tickets on both Steam and G-Portal, maybe if more of us do the same it will garner some additional support from the platform and server sides while Funcom works on a coding solution. :crossed_fingers:

Clan “Legion” on 1019 confirmed hackers, DEVS wipe these guys!

The team is aware and we are addressing this as fast as we can and with critical priority.
We are really sorry for all the frustration this causes.

4 Likes

problem is i can’t stay on 24 hrs and it was done obviously while i was offline so i know not what name to report!!

By default Conan Exiles Dedicated Server saves DB backups every 15 minutes and holds those saves for up to 9-10 days (that what my private server does by default). If they can’t role back then it’s not with their program but with the $ to get G-Portal to do so. Make some noise guys because if I was still playing official I’d quit all together if I had lost everything due to a hack or exploit. With this a the Thrall mess Conan is going south, Sad but true I love this game but this is beyond dumb.

3 Likes

This same player appeared on the server of South America # 1999 … I saw him, but apparently did not loot any clans …

1 Like

Ark human back on 1588, hit a few players