Lightning storm spell doing damage to bases during raid hours?

Just saw this on youtube. I’m hoping this isn’t intended…?

5 Likes

It’s what I keep saying. These spells are not thought out at all for pvp.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The Lightning storm spell is supposed to deal damage to buildings while on raid hours, we can confirm this is the intended behavior.

However, if you feel strongly about this make sure to share with us your concerns and feedback and we’ll refer it to the team. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t want to be overly dramatic, but this will kill pvp even more than ice bridges and the bat. It seems to basically be an extremely easy to get god that you can use over and over.

4 Likes

I think him saying he’s hopping this isn’t intended is clear enough that he has concerns about it

I’ve not made a post regarding this but I did play about with it. I knew it was going to cause a stir but as I dont pvp anymore I thought i’d leave it to the people who do.

But yes… the amount of damage this does to buildings and placeables is quite insane. It only took me 3 casts of this spell to completely destroy a 2 storey sandstone base and all the placeables I had outside, while thralls took minimal damage from it leaving them relatively unharmed.

totally crazy, it let me without voice, gl funcom

Bypassing all of the bases defenses with a bat or bridge and then Using no bombs to get into a base seems a bit concerning. What’s the point of building a base exactly?

1 Like

I have a private server rented to get ready for 3.0. Have a bunch of the guys ready to start playing conan again. But, to be honest, if this spell does building damage we might just hang it up and go on playing other games. It is already incredibly easy to raid how it is.

Seems a bit over the top with the nerf to drawbridges, ice bridge and the ability to fly ontop of bases.

Doesn’t seem necessary

1 Like

I have a feeling they did most of this because of the southern aquaduct ceiling bases lol

You really think they did this because of one building spot that isn’t even that strong? It’s also a named location so not even sure it’s allowed on official

building in a named structure is against the rules for official? lol.

2 Likes

The jury is still out on this one. But with little to no feedback from funcom about it, I would avoid it. Personally I think the majority of my clan and others will stop playing on official severs very soon.

2 Likes

There is not counter measure for it

THAT WAS AWESOME! I’m loving it.

Look everyone, bases are too easy to get into for alpha clans due to material costs and incredibly difficult for starting clans. This evens the playing field.

no bases allowed in pvp server… just cast thunder storm on everything lmao

cast 1 storm and watch a castle melt into nothing and storms are dirt cheap.

Oh and we could do this naked and walk away too.

3 Likes

But in all fairness, that base would fall pretty hard under the current raid mechanics anyways. Avatars alone would have broken 80% of those walls and ceilings.

wiped out 5 vaults just now as well with 1 storm. The thing is, i could farm 1000 storms in an hour or less. :slight_smile: its gonna be so much fun boys

You are comparing going out to farm 650 zeal, catching a arch priest and then having the materials and time to upgrade a alter. Only then to be lucky enough to get it off to a spell that is dirt cheap? I see

1 Like