Mounts coming to Conan Exiles.. Where is the excitement?

, ,

Wow it’s legit?

You guys just sold a DLC bundle!

Gives me hope for some soul corrupting crazy magic in time <3

1 Like

What with all the fixes still needed, this is about the last thing I want.

3 Likes

With the majority of bases so big that they don’t load up for a minute or two when you run up on them now has loading of building been improved to coincide with the release of mounts?

Why bother with mounts it will be just another ■■■■ up, the servers are so poor even with 30/40 players Gportal, add in mounts just another thing the servers have to handle. They will lag an skip all over the place.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply!

1. Yes, there’s mounted combat
  2. That’s the idea
  3. It’s something we’re looking into, but I can’t say definitively that it will make it in
  4. Yes
  5. Horses only
5 Likes

Thralls won’t be able to mount up and ride, unfortunately. Mounts will only be available for players.

1 Like

maybe for a later update ?

They just need to take classes from the Skyrim horses. Vertical ascent capabilities to make a jetpack jealous!

1 Like

Probably can’t answer this but, is this a short term or long term decision? I assume it’s a “we’ll see answer.”

Either way, I’m sure the Modding community will be going bananas with making mount mods, depending on how moddable the assets are of course.

2 Likes

I hope mounts will not work like in MMOs. I mean summon your mount anywhere and send it to another dimension when you no longer need it. CE is a survival game, we need more realism and constraints!

I hope that the horse will stay even when it’s not used, that it will be necessary to return to it when it’s needed. In fact I would like him to act like any domesticated animal of the game, with the possibility to ride him :smiley:

2 Likes

Im excited. .mounts! Yaay…sorcery next? Lol

The riding part, yes. The mounted combat part… no way. That was (to me) the single most disappointing mechanic in a game that is otherwise a true masterpiece.

Maybe. Would be a weird choice though, it’s not like they went for realism in the combat system otherwise.

Check out Mount and Blade: Warband. It’s painfully simplistic graphically speaking (these days especially), but it’s got mounted combat right. By which I mean it’s fun and intuitive, not that it’s realistic. There are other games that also presumably does it well, but I haven’t played them so I can’t comment.

I guess I’m in the minority since when mounts were announced, my immediate was reaction was…meh. I have far too many questions about the mechanics, and, unfortunately, there is no one to answer those questions since none of us knows all the specifics. I’ll just wait patiently for the roll out, see what happens, and decide whether I want to bother with one.

I am intrigued by the pet leveling system, although I have long since left stopped having pets accompany me.

Yep I am in the middle of everything maproom placed in every place in between unless I can use it to carry an extra knocked out thrall useless for me unless I’m heading to the jungle which I rarely do. Nope even then just map back 2 min from my base lol. But with mounts hopefully a map expansion in the future here’s to hoping.

With out knowledge, I think to keep balance, mounts should operate differently than a companion.

1. Cannot have it “follow” you every where like a pet or thrall.
  2. Cannot have it teleport through a map room with you.
  3. Cannot have mounts in dungeons (ones that you teleport to). In game caves do not count as a “dungeon”, even if there are bosses in them.
  4. Cannot take it thru water that causes the full swim mechanic.

I feel mounts are an option other than obbie teleporting. TO do both would make the map fell extremely small. I can run from the Pagado (SE corner) to the frost temple (NW corner) in about 30-40 minutes real time (@1 Conan day). Mounts are said to be about 2-2.5 times faster. So 10-15 minutes on a mount (half days ride in Conan time).

1 Like

So you can have either a mount or a thrall??? So I will probably never use them then anyway…

Could you rethink this decision? Thats really bad for players who play most of the time alone and are using therefore a thrall…

Yeah, well my excitement is gone now… If I can either use a horse or a thrall, then I will pick 1000000% a thrall.

I dont think a horse will ever be as strong as a fighter or could use a truncheon (and the truncheon is the biggest reason no one uses pets!! Maybe you encounter a rare T4… Oh, to bad your tiger already mauled him to death…).

And I am not b*tching around… Just asked if FC could re-think this decision… If thats their plan for mounts, then so be it and I wont use them.

And if you can drag a captured thrall on the horse and the horse HELPS in battle, you always have to place them far away from the thrall you want to knock out… Or your horse kills them, if you are too slow…

PS.: And here goes my plan using a mount to run to cities/groups to check for T4 and enslaving them… I can either kill a group of people or a whole village alone, while placing my mount far away or at least can it position close, when its not attacking and cannot die from NPCs.

So yeah, your question in general is good. Can you drag a thrall on the horse? If not, then I have practically 0 reason to use it and I couldnt care less how FC implements it then :smiley: Same with oils… I dont like them, I dont use them.

3 Likes

As I (edited the post) wrote before: I dont use pets because of 1 thing. Random T4 thrall… I dont want to lose slaves, just because my pet killed it…

And when I look at how my thrall targets NPCs… He always runs to working thralls first (black galleon is a good example), while running past several >T3 fighters :smiley:

Good luck trying to enslave someone with a pet :slight_smile:

1 Like

You didnt offend me at all and on some topics I for sure “b*tch around”.

But not here… its not something I really wanted or needed. So if it is like @zerog said a “tradeoff”, then so be it…