New Follower Limit - Feedback thread

I agree with not putting in mounts. I would prefer to be able to keep my thrall numbers up for defense and as part of my base aesthetics. By limiting the number of thralls/pets it limits my builds. I am pve and while my main base is big enough to house all the alters, 2 animal pens, 1 medium wheel and one large wheel it is quite compact when compared to other bases on my server and other servers. Our plan is to only have 1 base with all the alters and each alter has 4 dancers to worship at them.

Almost finished with my compact base near the Black Hand Ship. My walls are lined with archers with pets outside the walls for purge defense. Was just starting on small base 3 when these changes were announced and now I am thinking I am going to not enjoy the game as much now, thoughts of building a tavern with bouncers, dancers and bartenders is also scrapped.

One of the main things to do in pve is to build in a new area to get better thralls. I love being able to build in this game and limiting the number of thralls/pets hurts the designs and weakens the defenses against purges.

I do not like that it is going to be random of which thralls/pets disappear, we should be able to choose. Pets and thralls should not be counted as the same thing, separate categories for them. Fighters and archers should not be counted in the same category as dancers/support. Do animals in pens count toward the final number? Are mounts going to count in the number or are they to be separate?

Thrall limit helps so u can’t cramp an endless amount of farming bases with a zergswarm of Thralls.

You can still spam the whole map, without thralls and in PvE and PvE-C you can do mostly nothing against it…

So maybe it helps in PvP, but enough people dont blow up meaningless buildings just because they are here.

Yeah thanks for clarifying that. So i am shafted because i tried to build lively bases on an official server.
Honestly, if i can’t bag my placed thralls and that way secure my favourite thralls, i am done with this game after 2k hours.
You are apart from the strays, hitting long time players and builders, if that is such a good idea, i am not sure. I am not the only one on our pve-c server thinking about quitting with that patch, all major builders are having that train of thought.
Saddens me tbh

4 Likes

LOL. I agree :slight_smile:

I believe there was a facebook post by Funcom where the break bond choice will be released first so people can trim their thralls/pets before the hard cap goes into effect. Not sure.

2 Likes

that still wouldn’t let me secure the thralls i want to keep. They shopuld have a positive keep option and not a negative kill option

But you need to have an ingame number of HOW many you currently have… Otherwise you can count them by hand, which is…

Yes it would. Break bond on all the ones you don’t want until you hit the cap, then the they nothing will be “purged” randomluy. And this is on officials only. If you are on private the admin will have to let you know the setting. IF SP, you can turn the cap off all togeter.

2 Likes

I am right there with you. My Island Base takes up the whole east coast of the map connecting all the islands together. PVP server. I have 1000’s of Thralls in just that one area alone. Not counting the other 10 bases out there.

My thing is allow me to bag my thralls and put them away in the vault.

How many will quit if Thralls are Limited?

• Yes
  • No
  • On the fence

0 voters

Just give Funcom and visual

Someone already hit the nail in the head, “Developers don’t play their own game.”

Example of “server will randomly delete thralls over the limit:” You come out of your bedroom and your coveted Bandit Leader with God Breaker armor is gone… hyena, floating somewhere in the air, from a clan member that quit 7 months ago and his base despawned that you don’t even know where it is… still alive.

Next example, you waste tons of time building up a thrall in the new system to level 20. Get one shot in PvP with some Crit hit from the Act of Violence… thrall just stands there mourning your death, getting hacked to pieces in 30 seconds. X amount of time lost leveling thrall due to luck of Crit hit. #Thanks.

I’m getting so sick of the constant changes that make no sense. Night time, the most annoying part of the game, Funcom NERFS THE ABILITY TO PUT A REINFORCEMENT KIT ON A GOOP TORCH to make it a last 50 minutes. WHY?

Obsidian composite; easily the most difficult weapons/tools to craft. Go to the volcano, fight the heat, cross the lava, go into a dungeon, learn the recipe, fight a group of NPC’s, while carrying steel and obsidian to use the forge for twenty dang minutes to forge composite bars… go home with composite, craft a weapon that’s nerfed beyond ridiculously weak levels or make a tool you need composite bars to repair. The Developers have no continuity because clearly… they do not PLAY the game and don’t even have a go to player to bounce ideas for changes/nerfs/buffs off of.

Thrall numbers have gotten ridiculous, I agree, but the time to address this was a in development or early game. Randomly deleting what people have worked for? You’re going to get blow back and deservedly so.

Another example, you get the base, 50 thralls per clan, then 5 per member. Someone leaves the clan… YOUR built up, level 20 thrall is deleted, randomly, THEIR level 1 trash thrall doesn’t.

That the Developers don’t foresee these simple issues with their “fix” says it all. How about you mark the thralls you WANT to keep in this initial server purge of thralls? Simple. After that, you mark the ones you want to die? Speaking of, WHO in the clan can mark the thralls for death anyone, the leader, lieutenants???

Constant changes/unnecessary changes; implementation that’s not thought out, at all, is cornball style.

Nerf torches, Nerf doors, Nerf armor, Nerf thralls, Nerf this Nerf that… PvP players have a stack of 10 throwing axes they can instantly, rapid-fire deploy, in as many slots as they want. A wheel of 50 throwing axes… THAT makes sense to Developers. They can roll like a tumble weed, no problem. Let’s just visualize where they would attach these stacks of weapons to their person, how they would get to them and deploy them… then look at the shield dynamic and the freaking WHOLE SECOND it takes to simply LIFT a shield 8" that’s already out, in your hand.

People hate change… and this is why.

7 Likes

I FULLY AGREE WITH NEMESIS DONT DELETE THE THRALLS. Its a much better defense than having a unraidable god bubble on… STOP THRALL LIMIT!!!

3 Likes

For me, the game has been done! pure waste of time the whole. actually a cheekiness, they actually take all the npcs away. and then you should still buy this unnecessary dlc for the animals lol. I buy myself citadel

1 Like

I can only try to reason here and put my single voice against the mass of selfish PvElers whining for their right to create an utterly unplayable experience by spamming the map with followers.

This was never how CE was meant to be played and it’s really sad that a Thrall cap wasn’t implemented in the first place. Now people act like kids who get their sweets taken away.

3 Likes

Says who? When the game is even famous for “enslaving people” :smiley:

1 Like

If I recall, the turrets in rust require power run to them. Rust has a highly intricate electrical system implemented to power and control bases.

Also the developers have been heavily optimizing their code because they know the game wasn’t going to be able to keep up with everything they plan to add. There’s actually a blogpost on it if you check their site.

Something rather noteable, I’ve seen rust servers run just fine with 400 players.

1 Like

Yeah Rust is a shining example how to bring building Vs. Raiding, defenses Vs weapon in a good balance.

Should really ignore the complaining voices for once

‘I got raided although I built a T1 shack on the open field’, ‘Someone killed my Thralls standing around a to farm a worldboss with aggro range abusing’, ‘A toxic 3 player clan came to our peacefull PvP server at started to attack our Alliance of 4 alpha clans’ ect ect ect

When the discord of complains demanding an easier game is finally silent, maybe then we can all see more clearly that just making everything safer is not the way to balance a PvP game.

1 Like

At this point I’m no longer in favor of this particular flexible limit, which penalizes players for joining a clan. While @zerog and I were talking this morning about his and his clanmate’s plight, we came up with an easy way to game the system. In other words, exploit. I don’t think it’s wise to create a cap that’s so low, that includes such a ready-made exploit.

I’ll settle for 125 per player, 250 clan max. Otherwise I’m losing a lot of great server pals.

3 Likes

I’s be interested to hear in a private how you can exploit hard caps.

I can see being in separate clans, but that has draw backs, more than geting extra thralls would cancel imo.

Only other real way is to start a solo clan, and add a bunch of alt accounts to bump your number to 100.