No god bubble = terrible idea

dennis mentioned in the stream that they do things for a good reason… but he didn’t give us any reason in case of the god bubble… maybe there’s a reason… but since it doesn’t seem to be an obvious reason (I’m intentionally ignoring the various conspiracy theories about it), a hint as to why the god bubble is being removed would have been very helpful…

funcom’s way of communicating is getting worse and worse…

maybe with chapter 3 there is a much better solution for the problem that you currently solve with the god bubble… but why not say that then? and if so, why not remove the god bubble only when the new solution is integrated?

that’s just as pointless as the pet nerf a few months ago with the announced balance pass… which hasn’t happened until today…

we currently have an update cycle of 3 months. it just doesn’t make sense to rebuild something in a chapter in order to then replace it with something else in another chapter… worst case you torment the community for 3 months with a half-finished system…

I am well aware that some changes may simply need more time and do not fit well into the 3-month cycle. but then i have to ask myself whether my ambitions are too high or my time frame is too tight. letting the community run 3 months against a wall is by far the worst solution for such changes… it probably makes more sense sometimes to turn down the ambitions… or to find another solution that fits the time frame… or simply explain what the final plan is and that the current step is only an interim solution. although that wouldn’t help with the god bubble either… 3 months without a real chance to defend is a problem either way…

no matter how good the end result may be, it doesn’t help anyone if players have quit by then because they didn’t want to run into a wall for 3 months… even if the end result is great, not all players will come back… yes I don’t have any reliable figures on this either… but I’ll just assume it’s me. there are so many games and new ones are added every day… as long as i keep finding something new, there is no reason for me to look back.

2 Likes

this sounds really bad, for lonely gamers like me

1 Like

Exactly.

I can assume that the god bubble somehow interfered with the new purge.

1 Like

I think the god bubbles (plural) and the multiple purges and the 10 minutes avatars would bring g portal to a screeching halt.

True, purge used to be a very resource-intensive thing, and even a new one is even more so. But I’m not sure if the bubble itself eats up a lot of computer resources…

They removed the God Beams and now the bubbles. It seems like they are trying to steer away from Bubbles and Gods and more into traditional siege options.

Larger clans can almost keep the bubble up indefinitely. Which puts smaller clans at a huge disadvantage because they can be raided or godded and not be able to retaliate.

No bubbles puts everyone more on a level playing field and makes it so “No one” is safe or immune Seeing peoples names again when pvp is on is probably again a move to make it so you can see whos on to raid.

I think dynamic base damage should be on during pvp servers though on raid times.

2 Likes

Yep I think we were on the same server. Went from being one of the most populated to completely dead (in a short time) because of these issues.

Devs don’t have priorities for the game, the Producer does. Devs are implementers. Blaming them for decision made as to gameplay and direction is misguided.

are you sure there is a line producer in control of what is done actually on conan ? because i think if there is one, it is a very politic one, and not the one the game need. but if there is one i would be curious to know who he is.

Semantics, whoever is in charge of the decisions is goofy.

About time too - Crom has no time for those kinds of persistent superstitious behaviours (and let’s await the outcomes of Chapter 3 of AoW)

Never trust a bunch of fleeing ex-prisoners - they usually are just filled with incoherant rage towards everyone and they often try stealing what is not theirs. The new purge mechanics look a lot of fun at the moment - especially as Players fully choose when and if to even have a purge (and having one just as your base is being attacked sounds oodles of fun #sisterscarnageandmayhem
(there will be some very interesting and creative placements of treasure accountants (never trust an accountant with your gold coins)

As there are so many other games on so a break is as good as a holiday. I know of many games I have and still love that have suffered whilst I play Conan Exiles. I do like to revisit those games whilst still playing Conan, but I am looking forward to spending some quality time to play some of the faves again. I wish I had your discipline to get away from Conan for longer, but cannot as yet.

Yep, I track players on my servers and other servers I sometimes play on and those numbers increase and decrease all the time. Sometimes I am the only one on a server and others am annoyed that the server I’m on at the time is more like an ‘all you can eat’ at - I’m sure even Funcom would like to see some players move from Donan to their other games occasionally.

I love that Funcom keep releasing content to the game. I am very interested to see how the 21st Sept release goes and is. I am sure there will be a lot of fixes, new bugs, and a slew of mod messings-up. I really love that the new Purge mechaninscs will dovetail into the amazing Modding Community. Excellent. Sad/happy that some of the new features that have been in-game for ages via popular Mods will be in core game so am guessing some mods may fade.

There’s excellent round-ups of the pending Chapter 2 already streamed. Two I have checked out so far - but many more out there to watch too:

1 Like

couching couching couching

so in fact just farm gold, and blood crystal…and keep rolling… 6 years to go this state of game ?

1 Like

And if you want a Purge, you can choose to activate and harvest it - or to abuse it or to shut it down when you want. But then the Legendaries are now more of a challenge and a rarity. Will be very interesting in comparing Exiled Lands and Siptah.

That’s not really true. I’d say legendary weapons are easier and faster to get in bulk.
You just do a fast simple spiders-only world boss rotation and then go to the nearest dungeon, skip all the content, and go straight to the chests. (some dungeons have up to 5-7 legendary chests so there’s no need to run around the map to open chests one by one.)
Some dungeons have new bosses with skeleton key drops etc.
The only possible “hard” part of the new system is an artificial chokepoint if someone loots the chests before you or jumps you if it’s pvp.

Yes.

Because devare are implementors, not deciders.

Game features and direction are defined and the developers, using their skill and talent, implement these and do their best to get it all working. Testing time and QA are not the province of the Devs. What they want to do and what they are allowed to do are completely different.

Anyone screaming at the devs for product, testing, etc, is Karening the situation.

Do the consistent and reoccurring bugs bother you? Then complain to the correct people. The devs cannot drop their responsibilities to respond to community demands. If they do, they will be invited to seek employment elsewhere.

So, your expectation in your dev bashing is that the people who can actually respond will, magically, read your forum post and know?

Yeah, it’s probably best we stop right here. Reality does not appear to be a core competence with you.

They should just shutdown official pvp servers. THere’s better quality PvP on private servers anyway, because there’s actual moderation. Cheaters and exploiters will have nowhere to go. Problem solved.
They could also feature some good PvP private servers to redirect the honest players.

Let us wait until the release of Chapter 2 and see. The newer style from the FC Dev Crew for how things and beasties propagate is far better than the previous system. The loot dropping for one. I suspect that it will not be quite as simple as running through a dungeon and just taking the treasures without getting one or two confrontations (see Traps).
I do wish that there was more randomisation of actual NPCs though. If we got a random type and number of boss(es) at locations so it was hard to predict what one would get each time, well that would up the ante.
Still wish there were a lot of non-purge prowling groups of NPCs that would wander about the maps, being more attracted to huge bases, over and above the actual treasure-hungry Purge lot. Would make things fun.

Well, from the test branch alone it’s really easy to get legendary gear by speed-running a dungeon. Majority of the players will simply ignore “hard” world bosses and farm only easy and fast-to-kill spiders, then warp to a dungeon close to obelisk or their personal teleport.
Traps are a nonissue, SL dungeon traps are just reactivated traps we had there a few years ago.
As I said the only real chokepoint is someone else looting the chests before you.

Loot is a good change, especially when some npcs drop Siptah gear like swords of the Legion or legendary gear.
notsure500

I wish Purge had more than one beeline patch toward your coffer. The whole thing looks like a low-budget tower defense add from youtube.