Past time for a TOS update

Yes it can be a bit of an inconvenience having to move. But from playing the game from early access i have been unfortunate enough to build somewhere that later became a no build zone a few times now. I would much rather someone suffer the inconvenience of having to move rather than have the current constant stream of players being banned for building somewhere that was not allowed. So i believe that @Kikigirl solution would work or at least for official servers and yes more options for private admins would be good too.

Oooo

Yes both of these need to go but 2 more need adding to the list, cheats and hackers.

Just a quick question off topic. In a different thread which timed out before i replied, i was accused of not playing on official servers because i mentioned bringing up the player list to check who is online. Is the player list disabled on some platforms?

1 Like

While PVP is active (not building damage, but player-on-player damage), the player list is in a special mode, where players who haven’t chatted in the last 5 minutes appear anonymous.

That means that on PVP servers, if you don’t use chat (local, clan, or global), you’re anonymous. It also happens on PVE-C servers, but only within the PVP time window.

As far as I know, this is the behavior on all platforms, not just PC. I seem to be wrong, because console don’t have chat windows.

I’d just like to clarify that I agreed with Deac’s suggestion.

I actually hadn’t before but private servers have the freedom to use mods and settings that officials don’t.

Yeah, that’s what I disagree with. Imagine if 10% of private server admins got together and agreed to start asking Funcom to add a no-build zone all over the, let’s say, Oasis of Nekhet and Crowngrove. And then imagine Funcom agreed and now suddenly nobody can build there unless all no-build zones were disabled.

That’s pretty much what you’re asking for. You’re asking for the majority to bow down to the unreasonable complaints of the minority. And yes, people who get banned from official servers are most definitely a minority part of the whole playerbase.

I would have nothing against Funcom clarifying the rules even further to make it clearer where you’re not supposed to build, even to the point of including a list of locations. But regardless of how they do it, this is firmly a matter of rules, not gameplay mechanics.

You don’t get gameplay changes because a RP server has its own idiosyncratic set of rules. Official servers don’t deserve the special place in that regard.

Wait :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Has this always been here and I never knew because I never clan?
And why has no one pointed out half the baby monitor system is in game already :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Not always, but it’s been a long time now.

Because I thought you knew? :smiley:

Thanks. We don’t have chat windows on console (xbox). Instead we rely on the player list accessed from the main menu which always shows player name, gamer tag and clan name. So i guess the accuser must have been on PC.

2 Likes

No but if it is a PvP server it’s a tactic. FC can set distancing for building just like rented servers do. However I notice that a lot of people who complain about it are guilty of the same thing by blocking resource and mob spawns.

Crashing a server is a tactic too, but not a valid one.

Walling someone in during non-raid hours with sandstone, forcing them to spend 5 hours to blow through it, then rewalling them in during the 19 hours of raid protection is exploitive. I mean if I logged into your server and did this to you, on a level one character supplied by clans who want to see you get locked up, and you only see my name on the buildings, not them so you have no clue who’s supplying it.

Are you going to call that ‘good PVP’ or you going to file a report?

1 Like

Best example of that you have no glue about pvp. Sorry mate.

It neither takes long nor does it consumes a lot to blow through sandstone. Let alone that you have teleporter options to get in and out.

I am not saying I am fine with people walling other people in, because I am not. But you are exaggerating a lot. Its not a problem on a pvp server until you let it personally become one.

People are not doing it to keep people in, they are simply doing it to annoy people and to make them spend their dragonpowder on it.

The difference son is that the server I play on forbids it and here’s the kicker it has admins that enforce the servers rules. FC doesn’t have that luxury due to how few employees they actually have.

Prime example of the issue, Test PVE people are building like they do on live, they have this belief there is no limits. I actually read some one in chat that said if funcom puts building limits on the servers they’d quit playing. They just wouldn’t believe me when I said there already was.

My opinion 98% of players never read the TOS. They build like there is no limit because they don’t know there is one. They think if the game will let them build there it must be ok. And have no idea why, once and a while, a thrall vanishes.

Kind of like to see that with foundation stones. I know but hear me out. You have the set limit and when you hit it every new foundation you place will cause the oldest one to crumble. I can just see some one making a huge foundation platform but it’s snaking on him :grin:

So far on test I have seen building on a POI; you know I am vehemently against that, bridges over rivers and valleys; read the TOS, MEGA builds; or at least the obvious startings of them. Dude did you spend your entire first day laying down that stone foundation airport? It’s like 3 football fields.

To me it’s an “ignorance is bliss” thing. If I don’t know the rules how can you accuse me of violating them?

Is it exaggeration when I’ve actually done it to someone in a situation where it wasn’t against the rules? Come on dude. You say you PVP, that means you use every tactic that is available and push the rules to the letter (and further if you think you can get away with it). Everyone does it. I do it. You do it. Everyone. Don’t play innocent, there’s nothing to be ashamed of here. If you’re not the reason new rules are made, are you even trying?

But don’t act like you won’t use the rules to your advantage when facing something crazy and annoying like getting walled in daily. You’ve got that zendesk link bookmarked for such occassion.

What are you talking about?

I have never understood this philosophy.

Running around on the public server today stocking up on headhunter goods and came to the conclusion if one specific player on this server got a 2 week time out, 1/3 of the structures on the server would decay.

Funcom please set a foundation limit and make it automated like thralls.

Funcom, please don’t. Seriously, it’s abso-freaking-lutely not hard to report something that flagrant.

1 Like

You honestly think anyone on PVE wants to be that guy? It’s PVE.
Hell I don’t want to be that guy. That is why I like the automated system, don’t put me in the position where I have to be the bad guy because funcom wont set up a nanny system for admin.

There are too many people on PVE that honestly think it is no limit building.

Even if it is no more then a flashing baby monitor it would at least inform people they are over building.
Still like the the foundation like thralls system.

Educate them

Then stop complaining

The reporting system is a tool designed to solve this problem
 if you refuse to use it you can’t then come here and complain about how the problem is not going away on its own. I would totally understand it if you didn’t have a tool at your disposal for that though.

Now if you DO report and action isn’t being taken when it very clearly should, then that I can also understand (like when you get those “we hope the problem went away” messages)

3 Likes

I don’t want to be the guy responsible for some one quieting the game because funcom wont give a warning and are hard pressed to give an explanation.

I’ve chatted with people that honestly believed people got banned from the game if reported. Not a time out, or a ban from the public servers, a full game ban. So ya, they aren’t going to report some one.

Do you really think people in game chat taken me any more seriously then I am taken on the forum?