PC Update 2.8 - Discussion Megathread

By old buildings/databases, does that mean anything built prior to the 2.8 patch? The building I was upgrading was built within a month before the patch, and then I tried upgrading it after the patch. This is on an official server as well.

I tried that more than once on my old single player save game and on official server and it didnā€™t work. I even chose new unclaimed building spots.

But it works splendidly on my new single player save game :relieved:

1 Like

Pretty sure itā€™s just an issues with the databases of older servers.

EDIT: I tested this yesterday on PvP 6154, and IoS Official server and the ā€˜featureā€™ didnā€™t work there either. Replaced a Black-Ice Wall with a Black-Ice Doorframe. Got nothing back. Alsoā€¦ this base was 100% brand new and built yesterday. So Iā€™m not so sure anymore itā€™s an ā€œolder basesā€/Servers issue.

1 Like

Do gotta say, for as critical as I have been of this patch, the follower emotes are nice and a welcome addition.

I would like to use more thralls to populate my base with those new emotes

Not been able to play since the update,i get a failed to launch notice,saying i may not have permmission.i have followed all steams advice and instructions,including restarting my PC,but still no joy.i try to launch conan using the funcom launcherstill no joy, tried launching using conan sandbox and right clicking and running as administrator,still no luck, have tried on my laptops as well as my desktop still no luck.I always get problems for about a week after an update then its all fine again,but not this time.

Hi @hsmith1 :slightly_smiling_face: welcome to the forum

Did you also verify the integrity of your local game files over Steam? Because that does the trick for me after every update. Sometimes I even have to do it twice between patches.

RE- PLACE, take the piece back. You get the piece back or IF DMG, - You get material as dismantle back.

Patch 2.8.1 is out.
Notes:

1 Like

Anybody here?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if it was mentioned here before,
but since I found and learned the new emotes the ā€˜scoreā€™ and ā€˜spitā€™ emotes are missing from my emote wheel and I am unable to relearn them at their POIs.

Iā€™m playing on PC/Steam. Do people on other platforms have this bug too?

2 Likes
  • You asked, we delivered: The ranged attack of Spitting Spiders has now been fixed and your nightmares can finally be fueled from a distance. Other ranged creatures have also been fixed, but they are not as terrifying as Spitting Spiders are they.

Thanks guys! Seems to be working now! Good job!

any news about 2.9 patch?

New server-side patch released.

4 Likes

Thanks guys and gals!

Hello developers, you can find out why after your restart my servers where I play 6055 and 1213 simply do not show, they are simply missing

Try checking the ā€œShow Invalid Serversā€ box. Though I run a modded RP server, and not official, one of our users had to do that to see it in the list.

To be honest, I checked the box, but the server is unsuitable to show and no one plays on the server and the server has a Ping of 9999

I hope to recover after restarting the server or my databases will disappear

Never mind ā€¦ā€¦ meanwhile I thought I heard something. But ā€¦ My dog ā€‹ā€‹made noises. Heā€™s been snoring lately. Crazy!

3 Likes