PC Update (28.10.2020) - Update 2.1: Economy update, Character re-customization and Family Sharing settings

That you need to buy the game for another account, and also buy download content. Instead of buying only dls for one main account.
By the way, how’s it going with the “Season Pass 3 Years”? Which was more profitable for the first two years, and gave access to all updates throughout the year

1 Like

Was it intentional for Funcom to restrict people access to official servers for having a vac ban on record which is 3,600 days old from a competitors product? I have 2 Conan accounts and mine with a single 3,600 day old vac ban doesn’t allow me to connect anymore due to “authentication failed” but my wife’s account lets us login on the same PC so that’s clearly the issue here.

In that case, isn’t it your wife that’s logging in?

Yeah, to be aligned with the EULA, I got out of the chair after logging out of steam, she signed in and loaded up Conan just fine.

I guess I don’t understand your point. Your account has a VAC ban associated with it. Your wife’s account does not.

Are you just pointing out that you can get around the VAC ban on one account by logging in with a wholly different account using a separately purchased piece of software?

When I read about Family Sharing and “some new setting for servers” (still on the test client), I thought that there would be a ban for cheaters. Who pillaged from the second account, and the ban is received by the main account and all its twins. And on the test client, Family Sharing worked on the official servers! I checked this personally to know in advance if I can continue playing.

Exactly

To see if somehow it was bad cache in my steam files I went on her PC and logged in with my account and got the authentication failed message. So its 100% isolated to existing vac bans on steam accounts blocking access.

They will never learn from their mistakes… 3 years.

Interesting. Was that ban preventing you from playing on your main account prior to the update?

@Ignasi please also remove the mod ‘outdated’ check with the next hotfix. it’s not working and modding is already hard enough with the last minute devkit updates and all the “modding experts”. we do not need additional false alarms that make our lives even more difficult

btw. why is this “feature” not listed in the patch notes?

6 Likes

No it was not.

In that case, I wouldn’t be surprised if your issue is a bug. Hopefully Funcom will address it. In the meantime, you should still be able to play single player offline. I just did some reading and VAC bans are only supposed to prevent multiplayer gaming.

FAMILY SHARING: Private Servers

As Ignasis refers to up at the start of this posting, the command: "for private server admins, we are introducing a new server setting to control this feature so you can choose to allow or not the use of Family Shared accounts in your server. The new setting, which will be in the ServerSettings.ini file in your server’s config folder, is as follows:

AllowFamilySharedAccount=True/False

If set to True (which is the default value), any accounts that only own a game license through Family Sharing will be able to join your server. If set to False, access will be restricted.

I see that the setting is not appearing in server ServerSettings.ini file so am guessing we should add that somewhere at the start and then retest?

always freeze the game, can’t play, shjt update

Vanity mirror took away my characters boobs. Can you guys add the slider to that? I dont want to have to completely recreate my character

Hello, I would like to inform the developers that the make-up mirror causes an optical problem.
The color of the face does not match the rest of the body color, this looks very unsuccessful with lighter to medium body colors. It seems that the color contrast of the new face is much too high.

Please re-add the speed increase to worker thralls. If the goal of this company under 10cent is to follow the trend of making games more grindy to improve player play time at the cost of player satisfaction, you’ll be losing a MASSIVE chunk of your player base. I love this game but I CAN play another game, so can hundreds of others. I’m willing to adapt and forgive the majority of the updates as I see the quality in them but I draw the line hard if I’m being exploited.

6 Likes

Hey everybody,

We just released an emergency hotfix. Version 2.1.0.255030 addresses the following:

• Addressed an issue that would cause the game to freeze and crash when interacting with NPCs or UI under certain circumstances.

Thanks for your feedback and your continued patience.

13 Likes

1.8 Gb :cry: