PS4 Update 2.3 (19.04.2021) - Major Update! Balancing, Fixes, Stability, Performance, and more!

So I will start on saying I hoped on my server that i own and looked at all the suff you can get like wow… very cool… but then i hoped over to a server i play on and wow there is some problems…

1. my thrall dont listen to me like it use to.
  2. when you roll you lose so much stam its sad then you climb and you lose stam. now i have played this server for a week and they did not change there setting nor did I on my server… so you really going to keep it like that? for servers that have it to ware you dont lose stam and i always make a encumbrance build. so i should not be having this problem for me and other people i play with.
  3. when i build it sometimes works and sometimes dose not… like it says i can place it and it wont now i know i use to just brake a pice and boom fixed… this is not the case now.
  4. healing… i heal alot cuz again i have a encumbrance build so i need to heal alot when i fight boss’s. but it sometimes works and most of the time it dose not.
  5. we use to out run boss’s or enemies when we did not want to fight them… its bad enough that you have more then 4 chasing you but when you attacked by 10 things and now they run faster… the red mother can run now… its way harder when the server i have made and the server i am on are chill and supposed to be easy…
  6. God mode is not working right. i take off God mode… but nothing hurts me. may not seem like a big deal. but i do like to fight with players or let players kill me now and again.
    so these are things i see and how me and my friends feel… hope some people agree there are just some things that should have been left alone
2 Likes

Yes. Crafting thralls are changed based on the new specializations.

1 Like

To say that I’m underwhelmed by this update would be putting it mildly!
We’ve waited so long for this update and the first things that greet us are broken features that used to work before the update.
The server history button now no longer works, and it also looks as if the server history has been wiped.
I should’ve been prepared for something bad because the first event on logging in was my character committing suicide. Seem that if you log out on a bed, that is now a death sentence. Ah well, so much for RP.
My character’s face has been changed.
Hair colours, including my character’s are all different and also very unrealistic (plasticy looking).
Full nudity is now no longer an option.
The plethora of new crafting stations left me dumbfounded. For a new player they could be interesting but for an old established player they are a complete PITA as bases will need to be enlarged or even rebuilt to accommodate the new larger footprint stations.
Generally I tend to have a very positive attitude, but I’m really struggling with this update. The most positive thing I can find to say about it so far, is that after all the waiting it is finally here.

4 Likes

Last half of format (details) list alot of PC changes that happen over 6months. It be nice if they cleaned it up abit so it didnt have all this filler, (excuse the wording) misinformation.

It be nice to have consistency.

3 Likes

I feel your pain. It’s f***ed up when, after trying out the new update after having waited so long, your thinking “Can we get a roll back?” For me personally, everything was old and boring, but at least things mostly worked. Now, I get the impression that everything that was broken then is still broken now, plus a lot of new stuff.

4 Likes

■■■■■■■■, i love the new Major Update :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::joy:

1 Like

Where do i go to report an issue?

I remember back when I started playing this game, the only thing i wanted fixed was the stability, because the game stuttered and crashed a lot. When i bought this game i could fight multiple opponents avoiding damage as much as possible, often not taking a single hit, because the mechanics allowed it. Back then, dodging in light armor put a lot of distance between you and the opponent, making it optimal for bow users. Medium dodges gave you just enough distance to recover some stamina before getting back in the fight. Heavy had a short hop that kept you withing range so you could counter immidiately after i-framing through an attack. Now, no matter your weight class, your character moves, dodges, and recovers stamina like you would in Dark Souls when you’re being penalized for being overencumbered. Back then, all of your weapons had movesets that allowed you to engage multiple opponents, since they all had moves with wide archs that facilitated crowd control. Some patches later, you guys gave everyone and their mother hyper armor, while also gimping the greatsword, pike, and dodge, making it near impossible to fight more than one enemy without getting hit. Around that time I stopped playing this game, but since i spent money on it, i keep it on my console in case an update came along and brought back the skill based game play I enjoyed. I got the update today and I spent all day testing the changes on my old single player save, as well as multiple new playthroughs in different online servers, all which ended up in dissaster thanks to the new nerf to stamina. As annoying as it was to wait for your whole stamina to regen before, at least you had a full bar of stamina when your exhaustion wore off, but now you go into negative stamina, which takes forever to recover and the moment you do anything, youre exhausted again. Since the dodge is so pathetically short and slow (even in LIGHT ARMOR!), enemies have time to recover from the attack you just dodged and close the gap before you finish you damn roll. HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE!! Its bad enough fighting one enemy, imagine when fighting a group of them. I got killed by two of the common exiles by the noob river, because even though im still wearing the crappy fiber clothes, my character feels like hes got every other game’s penalties for wearing heavy armor. Why bother having armor weight classes in a game where even the lightest class is so devoid of mobility and runs out of breath before felling a single foe? With all defensive option rendered null, all thats left is run in, attacking mindlessly, and hoping you kill the enemy before they kill you, and since everything has way too much ■■■■■■■ hyperarmor, you can bet your ■■■ they will keep attacking you while you attack them. This type of combat only benefits players who already have high end gear so they can kill enemies quicker while shrugging off whatever inevitable damage they take. This is worse than Skyrim combat, because atleast that game was meant to be played that way, but when you have defensive options that are so useless that you end up being forced to just spam R2 til they die first, it shows something is terribly wrong with your design. Every major update changes combat drastically, like this thing is still in alpha and you haven’t figured out how to make it work yet. Im done with this amateur dev, trying to fix the mess they have made out of this game. I might not be able to code but I can tell you many ways that you can make this combat more satisfying and balanced for both pvp and pve, as a matter of fact, I already have, but of course you still went and made the worst stamina management in gaming even worse.

6 Likes

Sad but true. I have been mourning the loss of versatility with spears & polearms since the Blood & Sand update more than a year and a half ago.

2 Likes

Biggest galaxy brain move by Funcom:
Lets make the R1 do the same exact crap R2 does… but weaker :confused:

3 Likes

While I am enjoying quite a few of the new features and trying to get used to the new stamina and healing mechanics…
And the new building exclusion zones will take some looking into, at least one of my bases is now in a no build zone… and just when I was going to play with the new fast elevator…
It is difficult when the game crashes with regularity. I definitely appreciate that this was a massive patch and there are going to be wibbles, however, one of the issues was stability. Now, this could be taken as the building system, or as game stability on the platform. On the off chance that I can get past the I initial loading screen without a 34878-0, it holds for at most 45 minutes before it’s crash time. Most unfortunate.

I also found the patch notes a bit… odd shall we say. They reference things that never were (and still aren’t) on the PS4 version of the game. I’m assuming it’s just copy-pasta from the PC version, but there were a couple of headscratchers.

Either way, it’s out, looking forward to sinking my teeth into it after the next stability patch.
Which, honestly, with as massive as the patch was (and as long as it has been since console was patched) hiccups are to be expected.

played this for 5h now.
Is there any way to roll back to the version we had last week?? (I only play single player offline, but I don’t have a ps4 backup disk, sadly).

• definitely visually worse than before. (the shadow dithering on skin looks like a serious graphics bug now).
  • the stamina system is quite unbalanced (level 60 + silent legion armor allows you to roll twice and hit once and then you’re dead meat until recharged)
  • I also don’t see the point of having a plethora of new crafting benches for stuff that was already crafted on other benches before. it is indeed a space management problem for bases.
  • there are some new quite bad performance issues (single player offline, ssd, ps4 pro, framerate drop).
  • bug: I have 2 character models overlaid in the inventory screen now (some never seen before half bald dude covers my player model now).
  • bug: scrolling through craftable items resizes the entire inventory UI each time I hop to another item (scrolling through makes the entire UI jitter jump around)
  • bug? why does the ice dragon teleport away and respawn full health WHILE i am fighting it?
  • had some climbing glitches I have never seen before in this game: like jump sliding up a wall. weird.
  • the underwhelming siptah main menu music is taking the wind from this game quite a lot. since the loading times are long it is kinda depressing when one remembers the original music (minor issue, but still).
  • days and nights are now just 2 minutes long? (will check if this is just some server setting reset thing) , edit: it is, all server settings have been reset.
  • some new damage balancing? my level 20 thrall cant even defeat 2 skeletons anymore. before the patch he could take out the warmaker / priestking bosses all by himself.
4 Likes

Tbh the only issue I’m having with the update is that I keep forgetting to STOP sprinting when I’m trying to regenerate stamina. It has got me killed by pretty basic enemies more than once already. It’s not a bad mechanic, I’m just bad at it at the moment. Adjustment needed on my behalf.

3 Likes

La actualización puede estar bien pero si en mi servidor que juego de pve conflict, no puedo entrar porque esta siempre en pantalla de carga y a ciertas horas del dia, ya no deja entrar. Pues como al final te la suda como sea la actualización si al final el servidor esta mal.
Si el servidor no acompaña pues la actualización queda un poco amarga

2 Likes

No, it is bad, stamina runs out too fast and recovers way too slow. Play other games with stamina management and you’ll see how bad they messed up.

3 Likes

Mate ALL the games I play have stamina bars lol. I’ve played some where the regen is even slower. It’s a matter of adjustment of your play style. Instead of doing full combos strike once or twice roll and regen before attacking again. Like I said I’m not there with it yet, but with practise I’ll get there. We haven’t even had a full 24 hrs to play with it yet.

2 Likes

hi just to tell you that I have reinstalled the game and I like the update but it will have to communicate better in the future, and I wanted to know yesterday with lian I went to beat the scorpion next to the sulfur and the quoted unnamed and I realize that my healing arrow no longer heals or very little (I almost lost it), so I wanted to know if the arrows are still used for something or it’s just a bug and will be delivered with time? thank you for your reply

2 Likes

Why have 4 hit combos if the games stamina is so bad you are discouraged from using them?

3 Likes

Stamina changes COMPLETELY suck too. It’s a nightmare doing anything on foot. Yeah I took a break and came back to a game I remember and like last week and this update is making me hate it. I dont think I’m gonna keep playing.

1 Like

Also its not just that the regen is slow, its the consumption, the wimpy dodge that no longer works as a disengage, the delay before you start recharging, the penalty for fully depleting. Its like they took all of the ways you can regulate stamina to avoid it being infinite and combined it, making your character play like he smokes 3 pack a day while also having asthma.

3 Likes