Refuge of the Gremlins Vault Bugged

Game mode: [ Single-player ]
Type of issue: [ Bug ]
Server type: [ Offline Singleplayer ]
Region: [ Aus ]
Hardware: [ PS4 ]

Bug Description:

Last night at the ripe young age of Level 37 on the Isle of Siptah, I decided to have my first try at a Vault. I decided on the ‘Refuge of the Gremlin’ Vault, as the Goblins were, I felt, a more accessible and less daunting mob for my first Vault run. So I went through the Vault and cleared all Goblins as I went, until I got to what appeared to be a boss room. I suspected it was due to the epic music which kicked in, and what appeared to be the final treasure room through a locked gate. I waited, I ran back the entire length of the Vault to the start and back to this room again, but still nothing. So rather disappointedly, I pulled the bracelett, leaving without my just rewards.

Suspecting that this should have been a boss location, I subjected myself to a spoiler and watched a YouTube video, and surely enough there should have been a boss spawn in there. So, curious if this was a bug or just a stroke of bad fortune I tried to run it again today. Although sadly, it was the same outcome; the boss did not spawn where he should have, and hence the Refuge of the Gremlins is uncompletable in its current state.

Considering that this was my first time to attempt a Vault in the Isle of Siptah and it is uncompletable, this was a disappointing experience, and I can only image it would be the same for any new players too. I dont know if any of the other Vaults are having this issue or not (I hope not), but please fix this. It is not a good look for new players.

Expected Behavior:

Not quite certain what it is asking for here. This will sound like I am being a smart alec, but that is not my intention. Well I expected to be able fight the boss, and to be able to complete the Vault. Possible loss or disenchantment of customers, reduced immersion, personal frustration at loss of time and resources…?

Steps to Reproduce:

-Start an Offline Singleplayer game.
-Go searching for Vaults across the map.
-Enter the Refuge of the Gremlins.
-Fight your way to the final boss room.
-Notice the bosses absence each time.
-Report the issue.

1 Like

This has happened to me to i can’t remember which one it was but one is glitch out and the other is not i feel like the boss is there but has fell through the floor.

1 Like

Is there a couple of different Gremlin Vaults Funbags, or do you just mean a different Vault more generally? I know how you feel, its kind of an anti-climax. I didnt really think of that; I should have tried to activate ghost mode and checked if he was in the floor, but I didnt think of it. Given its a bit of a tease, Im not sure I want to do another failed run through there at this point either, at least not if I can help it.

All vaults have this bug. The current work around requires access to Admin functions. If you quickly activate then deactivate Ghost mode the mobs within a certain range will spawn in. Depending on the size of a given vault, you might have to do this more than once as you progress through it. If the vaults were working correctly, almost ever room would have mobs.

3 Likes

Have not at a chance to try it out yet, but thankyou very much for that JohnK.

3 Likes

It works, but I do not recommend it in the Harpy vault. In fact, I don’t recommend the Harpy vault at all.

The boss bug was noted on here early, and I couldn’t just play solo. Plus, with all the issues concerning rendering and NPC invisibility on officials, we took the unusual step of renting our own server. That way, we could all play together and at times that did not require a host session. Also, we eliminated the spam builders and overall craptastic designers.

I can say that the server runs great, except buildings still take and inordinate amount of time to render, and if I am with other players, NPCs sometimes do not appear on my screen in the place where they are. I am the only player with a PS4 Pro.

But, the vaults can be challenging. The spider vaults, or Outsiders as they’re called, are not that bad. The serpent vaults aren’t too challenging, but you will want a gas mask.

If I had to rank from low to high difficulty, Goblin, Gremlin. Fiend, Serpent, Jhil, Serpent, Spider, Wolf, Harpy. Harpy is the only vault that killed me. I’ve been inside 3 times, died 6 times. If the rendering issue gets fixed, then it makes it far easier for me to run a camp or vault.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.