Secret World moments IRL

Being a Secret World fanatic and usually having it on my mind, I can’t help but notice some uncanny valley moments where my mind tricks itself into putting gaming significance on events happening before me…

Like bees; I can’t ever view them the same since watching the opening cutscenes.

So when not once, but three times I had to spit a bee out after drinking it in my drink (once from a can in a closed car with a shirt over it), I have to question myself…

…am I a lunatic for even pausing to think about swallowing it before the magic escaped?

:sweat_smile:

Share a good story if you’ve got one!

This…
This HAS to be the Orochi Group, right?
I, mean, there isn’t any other logical explanation, is there, guys?
Guys?
Hey!
Why are you all running away?!?!

The real scary thing is there’s a bit of validity to the theory…

I remember seeing something along those lines on the TV show Orphan Black.

Well I’ve had to shoot at lots of zombies in my neighborhood. Now the police claim I am overreacting especially since they claim it is just neighborhood kids. But hey neighborhood kids, zombies I don’t see much difference really. :sunglasses::ok_hand: (yes I am totally kidding, I wouldn’t use my precious ammo until AFTER the inevitable zombiepocalypse officially commences) :sunglasses::ok_hand:

Here are a couple that I posted about years ago on the Old Game Forums which bear repeating:

Yes, of course it is a ‘hoax’ and not the Orochi Groups new corporate mascot. Or at least that’s what THEY want you to think :sunglasses:

There’s a poster in my classroom that has some yellow squares with rounded edges on it. I know when I’ve played too much because I start seeing lore in the corner of my eye.

When you run across the abandoned six flags in New Orleans and instantly think…savage coast park is real.

A little further down the street you see this woman6XpopwO

I pass through here every time I drive home to visit my folks.
photo IMG_0102_zpsef2ae356.jpg
The Akab are lovely in their fall colors.

Sorry, folks, Photobucket has changed its’ policies since the last time I posted an image. You can actually see the photo (it’s of a place in the actual Blue Mountains) if you click on the link.

Nope, still not available. I would recommend backing up your photos and moving to Imgur, or even Flickr.

I haven’t done that one yet, but I know it’s gonna happen one day…

You can upload the photo directly to the forums too.

Richard Sonnac’s meddling in battery tech on the side: https://www.google.no/maps/@59.9280148,10.8307224,3a,75y,301.99h,83.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2r7EdTGtYstrLfmVAOlsHA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 (the van)
He’s expanded since Google drove past - now the building behind is plastered with the logo.

At least that’s what I think when I drive past that building.

The Fog hit the UK’s southern coastline last August… http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-42993729

Ahaha, I can see that. Sonnac is suave, but he isn’t subtle.

Eeeeeeeeep!

Pack the bags, ■■■■ just got too real.

Oh, Secret World has ruined me on a whole bunch of IRL things:

• Bees. I don’t even need to explain.
  • Fog at the coast.
  • Covered bridges. Nope.
  • Seeing certain parts of Tokyo on the news or in a movie.
  • Empty farm fields.
  • Any and all amusement parks, but especially abandoned ones.
  • AND THEN THERE’S THIS:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Mancha_Negra

Crows -> expecting revenant.
Fog -> expecting to barricade my house.

Bee Gun? :sunglasses::ok_hand:

Bee gone