Siptah is too bright at night

opposite of waht?

That depends what you count as fun. I like challenge in combat (I play only with a friend on a private server and we literaly dont take thralls to many places so its more challenging ) or survival related, but subconcious stuff like lighting, depressive music and mood -these i dont find fun.

Siptah is too bright at any time, the lights in this map are the worst part of it and at nightime its just some kind of blue filter over the screen

Nights are kinda boring though, nothing different happens at night, all NPCs are doing the same things they do at day, animals do the same, there is no incentive to go out at night or anything dangerous other than no visibility, which is fine, i like my nights dark and let torches have an actual use.

Key word for me there is game. I am playing something for enjoyment. If you enjoy not being able to see the game you are playing, great, turn your screen off whenever you want. I don’t play games to be abused and punished (or do I? seems abuse and punishment is all Funcrom gives us with patches).

I don’t care about “survival” themed or “brutal world of Conan”. I care that it’s a really neat world to explore and has some fun things to do, that’s why I play the game. Features that prevent me from playing (like not being able to see) are counter-productive to my aims.

1 Like

My preference would be a client-side setting, because there are also people who want to be able to see. I don’t know what your night time experience is (it’s clear to me this game has an unreasonably large range of different visual experiences based on your hardware and even on your video settings).

Believe me, I have tried to handle night time in Exiled Lands because I hate it and there is no good solution. In-game gamma settings, monitor settings - when the night is black, it’s black and it ticks me off to no end because it completely disrupts whatever I am doing and prevents me from playing the game.

As for the in-game “solutions” to night? Terrible. The visual effect is like needles in my eyes. The dust from the pirates I didn’t even know about for many months (nor the night potion). These are difficult to acquire items as well, so what is a new player to do? Also they don’t stop when you want them to! If it turns to day while you still have night potion active you’re completely blinded. When I started the game I took it slow and easy, so I was a noob for quite a long time - a long time during which I suffered the blackness of night. When I discovered the Night Stalker’s Mask I farmed incessantly until I got it - that took a lot of farming. Then I lost all my possessions thanks to the game being incredibly buggy and had to farm a week+ for it again.

So when I got to Siptah and found that night is just annoying rather than highly aggravating I was greatly relieved, and I would love to have that experience adopted in Exiled Lands as well.

I like it the way it is, I’d hate it to be exactly like EL
 half of you chumps only started playing cuz of the 2.3 update
 you all wouldn’t be saying it when the storm was actually plunging the island in darkness every time it came and you’d spend 80% of the time on the island in darkness pre 2.2 patch

It might be too bright with the realism of clouds reflecting light. The light cycle might be too dark without clouds. I would prefer it this way with clouds.

I honestly dont understand why funcom couldnt add a slider for darkness at night or even if its much easier a on/off switch for dark/light. It doesnt sound to complicated.

Btw i tired that “sever weather” mod. It is quite impressive and it does a lot , rain, thunder , dark night but-> Apart fromaing the night darker it also makes the days mostly grey and gloomy and depresive. I ended up uninstalling as I couldnt enjoy the game with the days being so sad.

This is the key point (and why we are odds). I don’t want your preference ruining my gameplay, you don’t want my preference impacting your gameplay. I say “ruin” vs “impact” because I really think this impacts me more than you. When night hits in Exiled Lands I can’t do anything. I can’t see. It absolutely ruins my gameplay. When night hits in Siptah you may not like the lack of darkness, but you can still play the game.

So yeah, it’s personal preference and it should be a client-side configuration.

My bad, you are right. They need to implement hardcore mode asap, because wtf??? coming back to life after you die is not realistic. Also people need to randomly die of dysentery.

Siptah:

Night

Day

Exiled lands:

Night

Day

On Siptah you can clearly see the textures on the ground, you know where you are even without torch
On the Exiled Lands hardly see the details in the texture, you really need light

The difference is huge.

1 Like

I agree, it is way to bright
please make it actually night
then people can adjust their gamma to brighten it up
night should be night people shouldn’t have to make it night themselves
ty

It’s a survival game, if you don’t find the genre fun, that’s on you, but I like hard survival games, dark nights, hard enemies, idk, pretty much everything about exiled lands is okay, I don’t want a survival game to be the sims. About the music, it’s a survival game, I wouldnt care if it doesn’t have any music.

I call that a lie the night is perfect and the night vision works fine

A torch however the night time in the exiled lands is set at stupid levels. With all the thrall camps and structures not to meantion the moon and stars. EL should have more light at night and torches should only be needed in places you would expect to be pitch black at night like caves and dense forests.

what darkness
 cause it never got dark before and still doesn’t
 if you think it was dark then you need a new graphics card or a monitor

and probley half of you all thats fine with the night time on siptah probley only play private servers, officials servers should be set as like they are for exiles lands
 reason they give us torches and other things to use at night
 but seems the cry babies can’t handle a lil pvp during the night time or farm with a torch like the game was ment to be its a survival 
 this isn’t Minecraft ,
so i don’t get how come many of you all that only play on private server come into the forums and try to speak for the real official players. i don’t understand how their point of view matters when they can just get a mod

The only thing that they need to do is lower the ambient light during nights
It can be an optional thing even

But the option should be on on official servers, it is how it was and should be.
Cause I can’t remember that there was magical bright nights, story wise on Siptah

And I am not saying it needs to be Exiled Lands level of dark, just not look like it’s daytime.

2 Likes

I think, all of this may be very personal, and depending players preferences.
For my part, i love dark nights. Mostly used mods in games to make them darker. It’s frightening at start, that’s also the point when i play some kind of survival games. But i love also set-up torches, fires, and have the feel i’m realy in the night. I love the dark north, the pitch-black nights, wiht wolves hauling outside, and the wind. Again, that’s me, and my preferences, and others may feel different.

For Siptah i’m ok with all, a twilight setting at night may also do it. Siptah has so many different spot, some are just pure beauty, some are dark fantasy like.