Siptah is too bright at night

The Isle of Siptah nighttime cycle is way too bright, like in the dead of night on siptah it looks as if it is still daytime, Funcom can this be addressed?

As well as aggro ranges from mobs being insane? I walk into a camp and pull the entire camp at once.

4 Likes

I agree 100%, but I have also seen a ton of players screaming (figuratively and literally) that it’s too dark (and too light). Siptah is still early-access so let’s watch this space for now. :wink:

Agreed about light 100%. About aggro in camps , havent tested yet the big ones, but its a tentative disagree as I think conan in general lacks challenge in pve, so abit more of it sounds good.

Siptah is perfect at night. It’s dark enough to be annoying, but at least you can get around. Exiled Lands is too dark at night. I don’t know why people enjoy not being able to do anything in a game. How about you turn your monitor off every 15 minutes if you need some darkness?

1 Like

Question : did you ever had to use a torch or potion of nightseeing at Siptah at night? If the answer is no, somethign is wrong and we are missing on some features of the game.

3 Likes

IT would have to be also a different slider for day and night. Cause the day is perfect as it is for me.

The dust, the night vision potions, the night stalker’s mask - these are all hateful. The visual effects are atrocious. The only good thing I can say about them is that they are better than not being able to see at all, but I much prefer Siptah nights where you can actually see. Is there even a way to end the night vision potion effect? It’s absolutely terrible when you use one of those potions then it becomes day and you’re just blinded until the potion wears off.

1 Like

The night feels like a rainy day. We need more darkness.

4 Likes

Agreed, nights need to be darker. There is no sense of danger at all at night. Plus a lot of cool items and gear become useless without darkness. The night vision potion ( makes Jebbal Sag even more useless as a religion), the night vision bow ( makes a weapon recipe useless) and the night-stalkers mask ( also becomes useless ).

2 Likes

I use the bow for vaults, so I can see where the chests are. Also around the tower since the moonlight seems to get swallowed up by that black scorched earth there.

One thing I’ve been extremely impressed with was watching the redwood tree shadows, as the moon moves through the sky. Other than the speed of it, the realism was incredible. I’m considering expanding the day/night cycles to make it even more so.

I have a house on a lake, with loads of evergreen trees all around it and I love moon lit nights there. Just amazing to see. The game really captured that for me.

I’m frankly surprised that so many people are in support of night, but I will continue to voice my support against the dark nights of Exiled Lands and in favor of the brighter nights of Siptah. Dealing with night in Exiled Lands is a constant frustration that has no positive side and just detracts from gameplay. I play games for enjoyment and entertainment and for me not being able to see the game removes my enjoyment and entertainment.

So I will argue that yes, for many players night time should not exist (as it does in the Exiled Lands). It is just frustrating. If they add a client-side night setting to the game that would be perfect - you can enjoy not seeing anything all you like, and those of us who prefer to see the game we are playing can continue to do so.

2 Likes

I am happy that they made the storm brighter, but the night was fine the way it was. What I would hate is Isle of Siptah being as dark as the Exiled Lands.

3 Likes

I find it too bright as well. There is no point in having a torch most times, and the middle of the night is just dark enough to need one, but for too short a time to bother. I much preferred the challenge of the almost absolute darkness of the Exiled Lands.

I just pretend the Isle of Siptah is Summer in one of the far Northern Nordic cities - perhaps one of the Devs wants the rest of us to share in night sans the dark? :slight_smile: - or it’s something to add before Siptah moves out of early-access?

I also suspect there would also be a flat out 18+ player rule to players in countries that don’t want their kiddies to have nightmares - Maelstrom monsters in pitch dark could cause a mild night-sweat to the unwary?

Exactly, and while the pull range of mobs is annnoying, I.e being at the edge of a camp, and everything from the whole camp pulling onto you is annoying. The darkness is just a little nice touch, that made Exiled lands scary

@Palm522
One thing to consider: siptah may be stimulating a protected land that exists at an extreme northern or southern latitude. For month on end, the sun barely drops below the horizon, thus ‘night’ is perpetual twilight.

Of course this explanation only works of the sun in siptah actually moved around the entire sky instead of rising in the south and setting in the east.

So ir could be said that siptah day/night is bizarre because it is in a demiplane slightly offset from the main world of Hyborea?

While I agree that the nights are a bit too bright, I was trying to point out that an island full of fell magic trapped slightly out of phase with ‘reality’ is very Fantasy. Insisting that the fantasy world have nights that are realistic seems… odd.

Siptah being a demi-plane (like Ravenloft?) could help explain some of the oddities. Weird lighting. Odd weather. Portals in the sky. Nights that are always twilight. Days that aren’t much brighter. Strange creatures and materials unique to the island. etc.

Would I prefer darker nights? sure. Do I want nights as dark as the EL jungle? No, not outside the dense forests on the east side of Siptah. The (always) full moon generates/reflects a great deal of light, after all, so the plains areas should be very bright in comparison.

1 Like

Speak for yourself. I don’t want it back to like in the Exiled Lands where it’s so DARK you can’t see. But all the mobs can see you real well !

I think it depends of the region in exiled lands we are talking about. I think for example I wouldnt like it as dark as in the highland area between desert and snow areas, its to opppresive.The desert area tough imho has the perfectnight darkness.

Yes from a role play perspective i agree it makes sense. However i will tell you how it looked in practice when we played with my friend long time ago on exiled lands: We first tought we wanted to build our main base there, but after experiencing the day gloom and night darkness it was just to unfun and depressive to spend most of our time there, we built our main base in the desert and only visited this area when we had to.

What im saying is the game has a lore true and its cool to stay true to it, but on other hand the main goal of a game is to allow poeple playing it to have fun and relax.