Suggestion: Surrender Option During a Siege

With the introduction of the new Purge, invasions now have a clear goal: Stealing the clan’s treasures. However, the most significant loss when failing to defend against an attack is related to the number of thralls that can die in the process.

Therefore, my suggestion is to include a new feature during Purges: surrender. Once activated by the player, all thralls/pets within the Purge radius (defending the treasure) assume a surrender position. Surrendered thralls/pets can no longer deal or receive damage, similar to the behavior of archers in camps.

If there is more than one player from the clan online, surrender only occurs after a vote, where the majority must opt for surrender. Players also cannot cause damage to invaders but can receive damage.

From the moment the player/clan surrenders, invaders are free to invade/destroy the base and steal treasures. Thralls only resume responding to players when the purge is over, with no possibility of recovering stolen treasures.

This way, players can take on more challenging Purges without the risk of losing all thralls if something goes wrong.

2 Likes

If something goes wrong, you empty your coffer to cancel the purge.

3 Likes

Are you serious? If I take the gold from the coffer, does the Purge end???

:sweat_smile:

Anyway, my idea doesn’t just involve ending the purge but also facing the consequences of being defeated. Still, I think it would be valid. Perhaps even block the possibility to remove gold from the coffer!

3 Likes

Omg, i feel so stupid, you are right on this one, it never crossed my mind. Even today on my new “no slavery” session on Siptah, i had 5 times lost connection through the purge. Since i am day 3 my build is still sandstone, so it was mostly broken, but finally i managed to stay online for 2 minutes, i accepted the message and i kill the commander.
The reason i started this purge was to see how much hide i can gather from the corpses. I payed this almost hide10k collection with sticks and stones, but if i didn’t had “connection lost” all i was going to pay would be only durability loss from killings, which would be the same anyway if i was harvesting it outside the base.
You see, these purges can “lift” you so fast and cover mamy needs without even going around a lot anymore. They hide a lot of secrets and you just revealed one more, thanks @Tephra.

Yes i agree, brink it on!

1 Like

That would be awesome! :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s not on me, @MarcosC @DelRioServerMaster suggested it years ago and since then i dream it too.
And you know what irritate me my friend, even DelRio that owns pvp servers and played the game thousands of hours and seen more than me, find these purges difficult in the beginning.
Difficult to trigger, difficult to control the thrall agro, difficult to keep thralls alive from the massive npc aggro in “just” one thrall, like no other exists to fight…
But anyway, by playing and loosing eventually you learn.
Yet not all the players play to loose, most play to grow slow and relaxing. Let’s do a market today, let’s fix a tavern, but hey i need a bar woman. Oh it needs purge, s…t.
And yes, things can go wrong even in low lvl purges, all it needs is to spawn exactly in front of your base, the tower archers of the purge camp can wipe all your fighters if your build is no high enough. Not to mention that “connection lost” in official servers is back for good, your thralls slacking while they got murdered!

1 Like

yes this works but it may take a few minutes for the Stygians to notice the empty treasury
this is exactly what I did during the last purge when the base spawned right next to ours and they managed to kill two lvl 20 thralls and then me before it was over

1 Like

Trust me, you don’t want to discuss that particular topic with that particular dude. Not unless you enjoy seeing a thread derailed with all sorts of caveman bullshіt.

2 Likes

Yea :rofl:.
His reactions are a bit “childish” even though he doesn’t seem to be a child. He desperately tries to prove something by insulting others, yet he has nothing to prove because there’s nothing to prove in this game than the obvious.
We were girls, unskilled, cry babies, etc…
And since we are not all these, then we have to be something you know, so what are you, let me think, oh you play female character, then you’re a perv…
But even this went without too match thinking…
Yes Caveman is a good approach, indeed @CodeMage.

Well, you do have to pick it up it you have treasures placed around the room, otherwise, it still has treasure associated with it.

1 Like

IFor the sake of yhe argument, let’s assume @Noqturn is correct. I still don’t see the problem. If guys want to spank the monkey while playing a game, what is it to you; @Noqturn ? It’s their monkey to play with. It isn’t illegal and afaik they are not harming anyone! :smile: At worst, they’ll die more often, as playing the game with just one hand might prove difficult.

Now, monkeys aside, can we go back to the topic?

:laughing:
It is basically impossible to play with one hand.
Therefore the monkeys stay unspanked. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

The trolls, on the other hand, are very well-fed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This needs to happen for my sanity…

1 Like
1 Like

Where’s ALOY!!!? :sob::sob::sob::sob:.
Horizon zero dawn should not be out of this list, it’s blasphemy.
Plus final fantasy series, “Lightning” was the final fantasy series that came out straight with female starting character.

Yet, @Noqturn already knows all these.
We don’t need to push him but to embrace him, we are all gamers here. He seems a honest person that speaks the truth, so it’s on our own responsibility to change his false opinion about male playing female characters. By pushing him and provoking him we only succeed the opposite and no matter what we will always seem pervs to him. But that’s not the case is it?
Enough with this however, this is not a topic about genders, if we wish such topic we can always start a new one. @donbzm apologies for this derail, feel free to flag me brother, or ask me to delete my posts and i’ll do it right away.

2 Likes

Aloy from Horizon Dawn would be hiding on PlayStation… * Stares at Xbox. As for my opinion on the surrender option for purges, points to Galaxy Quest above.

2 Likes

My tabletop RPG group is quite comfortable with guys playing as girls, and even romancing each others’ characters. So yeah, I’d have no problem about playing this blonde with a group of guys playing as guys. Mind you, not all RP regardless of character gender is eRP (assuming we understand the acronym the same way).

The youngest player in our group is well over 30, and the rest of us middle-aged, so there’s no need for me to worry about underage players. Neither should there be a problem with underage players in Conan Exiles, considering its age rating.

(I also play D&D in another tabletop group, with 10- and 12-year-old kids. I would still have no problem playing characters of a different gender than my own, but of course, the themes when playing with kids need to be different.)

And it needs to be pointed out that harassment is harassment, no matter the medium. If a player is not comfortable with what happens in the game, then that needs to be stopped. So I wouldn’t ask you to play eRP with me if that would make you feel awkward.

3 Likes

Yeah, @Noqturn kids are completely off limits. I am not very aware of all that stuff, but I can only imagine. I also have a 10 years old little boy, but I am very attentive. He doesn’t play any game with anyone I don’t know and trust. The boy loved @stelagel , btw. We got to play together, both Stelios, his son, my boy and me. Such good times!:blush:

For me, gaming is just that. No other funny stuff attached. You can bet I would whoop the ass of any mtfkr I found taking liberties with mine or any other kid. And that’s something I am very well prepared to do too, but prevention never got me in those sort of situations. But I don’t know of any correlation between playing as a female and being abusive. That hadn’t even cross my mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.