Suicidal NPC pathing in the Well of Skelos

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [PvE]
Region: [N/A]
Version: 111296/19896

One of the wandering NPCs on the ground floor in the Well of Skelos paths into the lava and dies. Valid with main release Halloween patch and post-Halloween testlive.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Set a map mark just outside the main entrance to the Well of Skelos (where you’d come in after you do your Jedi lava-surfing parkour trick)
  2. Teleport out wait a bit, then teleport to your map mark.
  3. Immediately on arrival there’s a wandering NPC standing at the top of the steps, near the fire pots.
  4. Watch that one. Watch it walk down to the edge of the lava floe and die.
  5. Wonder why they said “I never meant it to be like this.” since there aren’t too many possible outcomes of fire-walking in a volcano. Unless you’re Laura Palmer or something. I dunno. I’m no pyschologist.

Thank you for the report.
We’ll send a therapist straight away!

If you liked this one, i’d suggest you to visit the “pagoda of lust” in the eastern part of the swamp, just do 2 or 3 runs there and simply observe the npcs jumping down cliffs. And there are even more “special” things to be seen over there, you’ll see…

2 Likes

I just thought the NPC’s there had figured it all out, and decided death over slavery :slight_smile:

1 Like

This fits with Conan lore 100%. Mesmerized and in a trance to sacrifice for the Well of Skelos!!!

1 Like

TIL! I haven’t actually read the books.

Considering that it’s the only NPC I’ve observed doing it, it smells more like a bug to me than a tip of the hat.

1 Like

Oy vey! I see what you mean!

Nicole, if you’re still around, add Pagoda NPC pathing issues to the list. Up near the religion trainer, the NPCs can’t path around obstacles. The dancer on the right can’t even path off their ledge!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.