Taking Bracelet off = Deleting character = dumb

No, hardcore means one death = character deletion :slight_smile: So one server latency wobble into a fence, one time your character gets irretrievably stuck in a terrain feature or indeed any quirky thing happens means you start all over with a level 1 character.

Oh… How do you set that?

Right after “God mode” :rofl:

It was suggested during early access that removing the bracelet with the keystone would allow you to leave the Exiled Lands and enter a new game. The premise of the new game was to find the party or parties responsible for putting you in the exiled lands. I did pass this on to the community team at that time. However, as far as I know, nothing is planned for that to happen.

8 Likes

I think it would be interesting if they tied the ending to one of the other Conan brand games. They have a Strategy Game called Conan unconquered, and an old MMO called Age of Conan. It could tie back into those games.

When you beat the game and take off the bracelet, then if you own the RTS Conan Unconquered, you get a code that you can enter in one of the other games to provide extra resources or a special map or something.

For the MMO, Age of Conan, maybe you unlock a class or race, specifically regarding being an exile? Maybe it unlocks classes for races that normally wouldn’t have them?

I will point out that at least Conan Exiled Lands has an ending. Siptah doesn’t, and I find that annoying.

Patch 3.2 - Age of Destinies - Complete story revamp with new endings (and Mummy of the Ring).

Lesgo FC!

1 Like

You walk past ghost fence… and then that bat from beginning swoops down and takes you up off edge of screen. And you see your head fall back down. XD

respawns in desert

3 Likes

I can honestly say ive never done that in all these years, and now i want to see it

I do no complains you know :wink:.
Check the ending of stranded deep.
The worst, check the ending of the forest when you take the most logical decision, not to kill hundreds of people, including other children, so your child will live. And then you burn your last photo of your child like it was your ex girlfriend, REALLY???
How stupid script that was, one of the dummest of all times.
A parent who lost his child will leave his/her last breath holding this photo… Oh my God!!!
Anyway, like I said, I am not complaining, between the above games we have certainly a better ending even if it’s… What it is :rofl:.
Years now, we have this debate that this ending is not enough…

1 Like

You should say “good” parent lol

1 Like

Having grown up reading Howard’s stories from the age of 12 I would say this perfectly fits the theme of a Conan tale.

1 Like

It’s not a setting that exists, it was just a proposed feature, as in: only completing the game on such a setting merits a title reward - not that titles exist either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, @stelagel’s post from awhile back. Yeah, never tried that. It didn’t sound interesting to me. KISS…

I think it’s hard enough to try a speedrun without leveling first. So I didn’t see any point in limiting it even further arbitrarily. I was like: yeah, OK, I’ll watch… :slight_smile:

My initial attempt at the established speedrun was taking twice as long as 2 or 3 of the record holders anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would have absolutely loved if the Isle of Siptah had instead coincided with the completion of the game.

• Remove your Bracelet
  • Build a raft/boat at a stationary place where you have to put resources into it to “summon” it.
  • Take the boat outside the Ghost Wall, a free man/woman.
  • Get shipwrecked on the Isle of Siptah, and then, have a way to beat that game (close the rift?) and travel to a future 3rd Map to complete the storyline of revenge.

Making the maps linear, to access Siptah you must complete the Exiled Lands, and they are all linked in a cluster (instead of server hopping, you could just go back and forth between the two maps tied together). It could open up fun ways to encourage new trade and exploration without having to wipe a character and leave everything behind.

But that’s not what happened so I’m just wistfully dreaming here. :herb: :sunny: :small_blue_diamond:

2 Likes

I just feel, that the so called ‘ending’ you get after all you go through, is poor imo, still can’t believe Funcom haven’t changed that.

I know it’s not their focus (and arguably shouldn’t be) but I think this game (and the player lol) deserves a better pay-off.

1 Like

If the journey is epic, the conclusion will probably always risk falling a little flat, but CE is taking that concept to 11 for sure.

2 Likes

I kinda wish in true funcom fashion, when you removed the bracelet it just told you the princess was in another castle.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.