Testlive Patch (04.04.2020) - Followers II: Stances, Command system and more!

If they’re not released previously, they will come bundled in this patch.

As usual when we release a new patch on Testlive, first we’ll keep this patch in this branch of the game until we feel it’s reached a level both us and the community are satisfied with. This could range from a few weeks to a month, depending on how much feedback we receive and how critical it is.

This is at the moment treated as an issue.

5 Likes

adama-yes

4 Likes

Its silly that you can have a companion teleporting around you while riding a horse. Pleased revert this. The teleportation should BE to debug stuck thralls and not to deliberately take them along over Impossible routes.

Let them ride mounts or take this one out again.

The way pickup+ is implemented (overrides the FunCombatPlayerController) will hide all additional radial menu entries. I’m not sure if IQoL has similar problems

Would be nice to have a command “Switch To Blunt Weapon”

5 Likes

Hopefully the “NPCs going through lava” is finaly fixed. Had a purge at the volcano and half of the people went through lava…

At least 1 T4 died in there.

Positive thing was: That damn ice dragon also went through lava and only had ~60% hp left, until he was at my base :smiley:

2 Likes

When set to prioritize melee and with mutliple enemies, the thrall becomes indecisive and pathing around. If it has a truncheon, it constantly switches betwen truncheon and other melee weapon. Probably would be good if they aways used truncheon against humans, and never against other creatures.

I have noticed even with prioritize meele, having a bow in it’s inventory, the thrall fired some arrows back at a distant archer.

Next update we need animation to bring a thrall on the horse with us, thus becoming the ultimate weapon in the exiled lands: Conan Gear! Imagine the fear in the enemy’s eyes when they see you galloping with that berserker on your back brandishing a two handed sword from horse back!

“Redesigned the Accuracy 40 perk. It is now called Flattening Shot and will allow your heavy shots to push back or knock down targets.”

Again a nerf, fantastic.

“Stamina cost for dodging has been reduced for medium and light armors.”

Is that so people would be using more of light and medium armors?
It wont happen with “balancing” fixes like that. Because it’s almost no difference at all. U get 1 more dodge with medium and 2 more dodges with light. U should consider make the dodge different between light-medium-heavy, keep heavy like it is, make medium faster than it is and more flexible, same with light.
And also, armor difference between light and heavy is to big, u get 1000+ armor with heavy gear, and 2-300 ish with light.

Also, while I never get a fatal error playing on the official EU testlive, the server itself seens to crash from time to time. Mostly it’s only me in the server and from time to time I am disconnected and after this the server takes a time to return, which I guess means it crashed and is restarting.

1 Like

Acc 40 perk is useless and has nothing to do with accuracy term. Perk 20 acc is also = 0. A bunch of people that can’t handle pvp asking for more and more nerfs. Switch the acc 20 perk with something useful and decrease maybe from 30% to 20% perk 40. Someone said before, how is that perk gonna knock down a big dragon when it’s not even possible to interrupt a skeleton attack

1 Like

@Ignasi For the love of god do not remove/swap out the 40 perk in Acc. It’s going to nerf archery too much, and the perk is too situational for it to be worth investing the points to unlock, as you can’t knock down anything other than human npcs or players. And those who invest 40 points into Acc to get the 30% Armour penetration usually have to make sacrifices in strength for example so you need the armor pen to make up for the lack of damage you do with weapons.

This quick photoshop work i did, should be the direction you take Archery

3 Likes

Well, since this was actually a buff, it is only a change. The origianl perk was remvoed, so anything in its place is reallly just trying to find the right balance for 4th ACC perk.

It would matter if STR was as important as one thinks. I have done some playing around with different builds, the damage from 2 Str and 3 Str is not much different once you are using high end legendaries with master fittings, and any kind of poison bleed stacks… I would say High Grit and High Vit are now more important. More Stamina, more time between re stamming.

It’s frustrating because they’d rather Nerf something first than to fix/replace other stuff first. Like the issue of arrows not being fired bug, or the 20 Acc perk being garbage.

But again, in reality it really isn’t a nerf, as that perk was non existant most of the release time on Conan. It was added to make archery viable, but it is actually pretty OP, and became a shooter instead of a barbarian fighting mechanic. Archery should really be mainly for base defense and hunting, as the aesthetic and “idea” behind being a barbarian is hand to hand combat.

2 Likes

No. That’s simply what your perception archery should be. And If that’s your concept of a barbarian, then we shouldn’t have poitan heavy medieval plate in the game or any of the fancy stuff, just basic loincloths and Stone Swords

1 Like

You did not reply about it becoming a shooter video game because of the 4th ACC perk???

4th Perk was too op and everyone was running naked with bow and killing full geared people in seconds. Plus the throwing axes and javelins have done too much damage. On console with Auto Aim it was really bad

1 Like

How is it a buff? Removing 30% armor penetration and instead making u knockdown people if u hit them with a heavy shot.

I still dont say I dont agree it should been changed cuz I agree something had to be done with the bow, but again it is a nerf, and nerfing stuff seems to be the thing.

Haha, if u got killed by a archer in seconds u probably did something wrong. In a 1v1 situation against a archer u should be the winner if u play ur game right. U have auto aim in PC aswell. But thing is, it was OP in the beginning when it was new and no one understood how to counter attack it, I had problems with it aswell. But when u finally understood it was pretty easy.

Only time archer was really good was in a big fight and archer/archers was doing a great job hiding behind their teammates.

1 Like