Testlive Patch (04.04.2020) - Followers II: Stances, Command system and more!

Hey Agnus, are you seeing a D3D error? Are you running NVIDIA hardware, and if so, would you look and see which version of the drivers you’re running? This number will be visible inside GeForce Experience, under the Driver tab.

Yes, Patrick, any mods have the possibility (actually probability) to be incompatible with testlive, since the modders do not have access to needed information and it would be futile for them to keep up with testlive anyway.

In addition, mod descriptions are never enough to describe all the elements they touch, nor would the casual user be able to understand the effects.

Disable all mods on testlive.

Regards

jim

Will the new system allow pets and thralls to fight each other? Conanmon! It would be nice if someone could test it on the PTS :smiley:

I also am wondering about the decorating bug. I was told earlier that this was addressed in the followers II patch?
Otherwise I am looking forward to this :smiley:

Why would you make bow builds even MORE OP with the new 4th perk in accuraccy… Bow builds are ridiculous as is now, and now they can knock us down now?!! They already can kill in 2-3 shots! (Which needs to be changed) you guys at Funcom need to play on official pvp without admin controls or something so you understand what really needs to change.

Im excited for follower commands, just dont see why ypu guys added that accuraccy change

Don’t use mods on testlive.

3 Likes

Report after some hours playing on official EU testlive server:
Turtles are hostile and the newbie river is dangerous again!
Dragging thralls mounted is not working, or at least I could not make it work. Tried using the bidding before mounting and after mounting, no good.

Edit:
I managed to bind the thrall from horseback, you must use the bidings mounted and very close to the unconscious thrall activate it. There is a bug when mounted you cant see the thrall name plates.

No, just fatal error. I have AMD video card and processor.
WIll play again later to see the exact message.
Got the error, Ctrl+C Ctrl+V bellow:

The UE4-ConanSandbox Game has crashed and will close

Fatal error!

OK

Hey, Barnes. Same random, intermittent fatal errors here. Sometimes on startup, sometimes while just walking along. Haven’t dug through the logs as yet. NVIDIA driver is v. 445.75. Single player vanilla. No issues on the live branch (which is chock full of mods).

1 Like

Yeah, everybody is hostile. I had to go to Admin & cloak just to walk through Sepermeru. The only things that haven’t attacked me are bunnies and antelope/deer. I wonder if somebody clicked “Aggressive” globally…
Edit - merchants and dialogue NPCs are not aggressive.

1 Like

Really great update guys! Just one suggestion I would like to add is the option to set a patrol path for your thralls. You can use the same system you just implemented (X click to tell them where to go.) But
a different button for example if you press Z the thrall will patroll between the point where you stand and where you aim. (Walk between those 2 points)

Thanks. There is a Windows Update right now that seems to be causing a little havoc among AMD, from what I can discern. If you’re Windows 10, please see if you have any relevant Restore Points from the recent past that might roll back an 1809 or 1909 “Cumulative” software update from Microsoft. Please don’t roll back yet, I’d be interested to know if that’s the case.

System Restore Shortcut:
Windows Key + Pause/Break. Click System Protection, then click System Restore. Click “Choose a different restore point” to see your options and available dates.

There’s a new GeForce driver available, and I strongly suggest keeping it at 445.75. If you have a GTX 1060, 1070 or even some 900 series, you may run into a full fatal D3D error with the TestLive build. I haven’t figured out what is tripping it; in the past I’ve only had to wait for another NVIDIA update. By results from the virtual PC that I’ve run for this purpose, it is not repairable by rolling back the drivers.

In any case, make sure you have restore points switched on so that this error may be reversed in the future if it occurs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope you are aware bow builds force you to sacrifice in other areas? If i don’t kill my opponent before they get to me, i’m usually very squishy.

Also the 4th perk is going to be useless vs large targets such as dragons or anything that can’t be knocked down, which makes it waaaaaay too situational to even put points into, Yet Funcom don’t even change the 20 perk which is beyond stupid having everything bounce even off naked people… So this is gonna Nerf archery to point where 30 perk is max anyone should invest.

One perk is going to make it so i have to change my entire character’s armor and weapon load out attributes because the increased AP i get from the accuracy perk tree is gonna go poof.

1 Like

I hope a followers III path with more ameliorations =p

Good, now I hope u finally can focus on the actual pvp. Balancing weapons and so on.

I’ve tested the new testlive update and i can say for a singleplayer experience is something that ive waited for a long time. The only issue i have is that of random fatal errors , before the testlive i’ve never had that issue. Also another issue is that my thralls don’t seem to can fight the big dragons, they infinitely walk to them while doing nothing. I tried all the meele weapons except of the ranged ones and they all have this.

1 Like

Fantastic, long overdue changes.

How about also allowing dancers to stop dancing? Such a giveaway inside a base, not to mention masks people creeping about.

1 Like

" Redesigned the Accuracy 40 perk. It is now called Flattening Shot and will allow your heavy shots to push back or knock down targets. "

Not a big fan of this personally, if the problem was the perk was OP, you simply could of switched it to the 50 accuracy perk instead of 40.

2 Likes

All the threat animations are gone too, everything just goes from zero to MURDER the moment you get too close.

I really hope this isn’t intentional because I honestly hate it.

2 Likes

Nice!

1 Like