Testlive Patch (04.04.2020) - Followers II: Stances, Command system and more!

Guys this sounds absolutely phenomenal! Thankyou very much for the impending update, and for taking the communities feedback onboard. Ill stick with my recent approach here and begin with my only one concern, then lavish some praise on you all.

Concern:

-Regarding the new ‘Follower Command System’ (ie-press ‘X’ once, twice or thrice to initiate a corresponding action). May I ask which button this will likely be assigned to on consoles? And do these still require direct ‘contact’ with the follower to activate them? The reason I ask is because depending on the button assignment, this may or may not cause issues with either combat or harvesting.

Praises:

-Follower Aggression Settings: great! And we can even cutomise the detection range…!? Cool.

-Prioritise Melee/Ranged: this sounds very interesting. It sounds like Archers just became the most versatile of all follower types, and are now essentially a Fighter and Archer in one, changeable at the flick of a switch.

-You can now have a companion and a mount active at the same time AND can now drag unconscious NPCs while riding a horse. Awesome.

-Stamina cost for dodging has been reduced for medium and light armors. This was a pleasant surprise. The new Accuracy perk also sounds interesting. Thanks guys, looking foward to trying them out.

Questions:

1. Will this patch also contain the Hannumans Grotto fix for consoles when it is released?

2. Will this update also contain The Mummy of the Ring…? (Sorry I couldnt help myself, dont stress peoples :laughing:)

3 Likes

Wow very good pvp changes. The old 40 acc perk was too strong for arrows, throwing axes or javelins. Especially on consoles with auto aim. Im looking forward for this patch gg

1 Like

Absolutely agree… we have one griefer on a horse around and he kills the whole time farming people n stuff who can do nothing against a strong horse. Also crashes the server with this stuff all the time. Doesnt make fun… gonna be worse when he has an op thrall on follow as well. Just makes people flee.

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

For the Love of God Keep the 40 perk for Archery and remove the 20 one or shuffle it around. I finally found a really nice build with my light armor + archery and now if you remove the 40 perk it’s gonna make archery builds a joke. Or move it down to 20 and just slap 20% Armor penetration.

1 Like

Oh… No Patrol mode… that would be nice too…Maybe for future :D!

1 Like

Sepermeru is no longer neutral?

Agreed, the current “trick shot” perk at 20 accuracy is difficult to use effectively. I can’t recall the last time I’ve actually hit anything with the ricochet. It would be nice to remove the perk and shift the remaining perks around.

2 Likes

Testing in single player, I’ve beeen getting fatal error and crash to desktop in this version. I had skin texture and armor replacer mods and disabled then, but unfortunatelly it still persists.

Between this and the aggressive shalebacks I suspect they inadvertently donked something when they made their AI changes.

Unless they’re supposed to be hostile now, which…seems like a major step backward that nobody was asking for.

1 Like

Awesome.

I’ve had my arrows bounce of naked people lol.

But Funcom please! please! do this for Archery line, If you alter it too much it’s gonna make the archery line worthless. Since investing points into archery leaves little room for any Strength investment, so you really need that Armor pen to make up for the lack of physical damage you are doing. This is going to be another huge Nerf for Archery if you remove this perk. And is going to be overkill.

This is a smarter way of improving things. (And yes this is my build for PvP, a glass canon in light armor)

But here’s the changes to the archery tree i think would be more appropriate.

4 Likes

Yesterday was neutral, hostile after the update,Maybe it was secretly modified. And the comatose thrall will follow you

I hope that the bug with the decorating will be fixed as announced.

2 Likes

Please, please for the love of the pvp players, deactivate the thrall and horse at the same time thing while raid time. Horses already took the fun out of pvping but if your lvl 20 berserker can now follow you while you hide on your horse I can tell you 100% all the oldie pvp players will lose their minds and go crazy on you again.

Don’t get me wrong having the possibility to let a thrall follow your horse is great - for farming purpose or if you do dungeons and tuff - just not in raid time, please! I’m really begging here because I already know how this will kill of pvp. Everyone will just watch how the thralls slaughter each other.

@Hugo
@Ignasi

2 Likes

Is there any chance, that this patch will fix this really annoying issue with decor placement? Tomorrow is my birthday, which I had to celebrate at home so a “YES!!!” would really save my day :smiley: @Ignasi

2 Likes

So, I’ve got a dedicated test-live server that’s been updated (and verified), it’s running (running 215217/24660) and I’m running the test-live client, but I’m not seeing this new follower command stuff. Only mods I have installed are Pickup+ and Improved Quality of Life, would these have any impact on this or is there something else I need to do.

Thanks

I’m looking forward to the update :smiley:
but is there a chance that we can get EXP if the Thrall defeats an enemy without our help? I would like to play a necromancer who only lets his servant fight. But so far I have to strike at least once.

■■■■■■■■ thats great​:heart_eyes::star_struck: Dear Funcom when u do patch for PS4 players? We need this ASAP, because game crashed

Be nice to have an info icon on each thrall in the thrall panel that would popup all settings on a thrall

2 Likes