Testlive Patch (21.04.2020) - Followers II Rev.2

Salutations, Exiles of the Testlive lands,

We’re bringing a new patch focusing on fixing more AI issues you’ve been reporting over the past week, mainly addressing problems with the hate list of many NPCs.

Thanks to you we’re bringing this content patch closer to completion, so please keep sending us any feedback you might have about this current Testlive build to ensure the smoothest launch possible.

Thanks again for your ongoing support, and stay safe!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes

ai

• KO’d NPCs should no longer follow you around when re-entering draw distance. #virtualdistancing
  • Fixed a few issues that would allow cheesing bosses’ AI using the leash behavior.
  • Fixed a number of issues regarding the Warmaker’s Champion AI and attack patterns.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause wights to spawn in unbeatable ways during the Wine Cellar boss fight.
  • Restored peace and balance in the Exiled Lands by addressing many reported hate list issues with world NPCs. They should be back to just hating you now.
    • There’s still some issues with NPCs and wolves attacking Anastera the Seeress in New Asagarth.
  • On a similar note, we fixed also a number of issues where neutral NPCs would attack you.
  • Thralls receive slightly less hate now, meaning player characters are more likely to draw aggro when engaged in a fight.

ui

• Added additional independent binding for commands.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

20 Likes

Okey great, now you just need to make them weaker, or at least not 1-2 hitting people. Or just tanking what ever boss u wanna go fight in the world. I guess the devs want the players to play the game, not having 1 thrall smashing down enemies like they were ants. TY

7 Likes

I agree. the gameplay becomes boring. If at least they would make the server function work again for me to configure the damage taken and received by the minions, in a different option than the NPCs.
At least I could balance it

5 Likes

Thralls still return to your position making you not move. So far nice job.
Not sure of the AI atm i have to go on a killing spree see how she reacts so far they seem to be still targeting the thrall at first then me. My thrall does not seem to want to engage right away, after the first assault on the targets. Havent found a way to have the thrall attack a target yet they seem to far away says no target.

war maker starts out big then when he gets his half way marker resets nd then gets larger major flaws but attacks are ok so far.

1 Like

I have to agree with this one. Currently the game feels like pokemon in Conan style, where we are the useless, weak masters and thralls are doing all the work. A certain balance between the two would be great

3 Likes

In fact that system (Minion Damage taken, Minion Damage and Minion HP) never worked before. They planed to do this but never fulfilled it. Instead The HP, Damage and Damage taken for the Thralls/Pets was bound the NPCs in the game. Changing the settings for the NPCs will change it the same way for the minions (Thralls and pets). This is since the beginnings of this game.
At least your request is a very favorite request since Game release. Let’s hope they will change it now with this update, it would totally fit to the planed changings of the thrall system. So please Funcom: Making Thralls more unique / unbound their Settings from the NPC Settings / give the players the possibility to setup this by themselves: means - if the player wants to weak thralls - let them do it. If the player wants to make them even stronger - let them do it.

5 Likes

I concur. We need the ability to adjust thrall power separate from NPCs, and I would argue even animal pets.

3 Likes

Dont take a thrall with you then, or take a weaker one, ifs its a pvp situation u can avoid the thrall an just kill the player.

2 Likes

But are the thralls better than current live against bosses?

Examples:
.) Dragons and many other bosses - they just want to get to their center - until then they never attack
.) On knockback, they stand up and hit nothing, becuase nothing is there. Then get knocked back again by the boss and repeat that…
.) Aiming and/or hitting an invisible/dead enemy.
.) Attack 1 or 2 time. Then stop and do nothing and get hit from enemy.#

Against a group of human NPCs
.) Running off >20m to someone who isnt even fighting, instead of helping at the fight - often they are targeting even sth which is to far away , that it teleports them back at you, while you get butchered by several other NPCs.

I dont want them to doge and all that other stuff human players do. But as long as they are this dumb, they need dmg to compensate this issues.

But Funcom should add settings for “thralls VS NPC enemies” and “thralls VS human enemies”

2 Likes

Okey, here we go again for the x100 time.

Thralls are to strong compared to the player. A player should not be able to get 2 hit by a thrall, when u actually sometimes cant avoid getting hit either because of the hitbox or the dodge dont dodge u far away enough.

And I never or rarely bring any kind of thrall with me especially not in PVP. I been in a lot of fights and the thing that “you can just avoid getting hit by thrall and kill the player” is just non sense. Thralls teleporting and makes u 1-2 hit before u even get to the dude that having the thrall, especially if the dude is using the thrall like a wall.

Now u got a little bit of PVP sense explained to you and hopefully understand the situation.
This game in the mode of PVP should be just what it’s called P V P (player vs player) not T V T (thrall vs thrall) or T V P ( thrall vs player). Thank you.

2 Likes

Ofc they are, take a cimmerian berserker with decent armor and weapon to any boss in the game except maybe arena champion in warmaker dung. And u dont even need to use healing arrows on your thrall.

2 Likes

Guard Area still behaves the same as Guard Me, the follower only reacts if you or he is hit.

Revert the roll to the old ways or at least please consider making u roll farther. Everybody wants the roll either fixed.

You neither need healing arrows for most bosses in most cases in current live.

But there is a difference between, how bad thralls are fighting and how a human fights. Thralls cannot dodge, cannot evade anything.
Therefore they have insane health and make way more dmg.

When I make an UC run, I use the healing arrows only after every 2nd or 3rd boss. And probably thats not even needed, as their health is mostly >3k.

And all my points are gone from thrall fighting? Fight against worldboss crocodile. After knockback, does your thrall again hit nothing?

And please give it a 1H axe. Because they perform way worse with 1h axe, compared to 1h mace (for whatever reasons).

Thrall balancing is being reviewed and will be addressed in an upcoming patch, thank you for your continuous feedback on the Test Live!

8 Likes

This would be super cool. Yesterday my 9 lvl thrall and I killed Thag and I kinda feel like I cheated. My character is 43 lvl ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Did you also made all the sekeletons in the dungeon?

Usually DLC’s are timed with some kind of mid to major update. The DLC usually accentuates the update in some shape or form…so i would rather wait to ensure the test live version is not game breaking when released to live… I understand the frustration though, as i do like new shiny things as well…

3 Likes

In response to a previous question, yes i have mods on, but i am still getting a fatal error before the menu screen shows up. This is what i have done, verified files, uninstalled, made it so it would not try to load a saved game. It will don’t install a game with back on it, so removed last save title game. If i need to removed the mod file please let me know that removing it will not effect the main conan game. Every time i start the test server it says the main game is running as well.

perhaps just make the double-tap return and the triple-tap stop would do the trick