Here you will find an archive of all the Testlive updates that have been released so far for Conan Exiles’s Testlive builds. They’re listed in chronological order, so you’ll need to sroll down to the bottom of the page to find the last patch.
Testlive Patch (21.10.2020) - Update 2.1: Economy update, Character re-customization and Family Sharing settings
Recently we introduced new vertical and diagonal support building pieces to the game. We have discovered that the way they were implemented made them overpowered and made it possible to exploit using the building system. We will be removing the extra support these pieces provide in the next patch. This means that structures built using these pieces might lose some support and some parts might break. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to avoid exploits this is a change we have to make.
- Fixed another issue where pillars and other socketless connection building pieces could fail to give proper stability
- Fixed a crash in the purge system for new players who don’t do anything to register any purge events
- Reduced the max amount of death map markers to 3, to match the amount of max corpses you can have active at the same time
- Fixed an issue that would make players invisible during attacks or rolls when they were on buildings
Recently we introduced new vertical and diagonal support building pieces to the game. We have discovered that the way they were implemented made them overpowered and made it possible to exploit using the building system. We will be reducing the amount of support these pieces provide in the next patch. This means that structures built using these pieces might lose some support and some parts might break. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but in order to avoid exploits this is a change we have to make.
- Vertical and diagonal support building pieces should now work correctly (Previous fix was missing a data change)
- Fixing another issue where pillars and other socketless connection building pieces could fail to give proper stability. Please report any issues you still encounter with missing building pieces.
- New fix for “no owner” displayed on building and placeables. Please report any issues you still encounter with this.
- NPCs should now respawn after their former selves have been converted into a thrall
- New Funcom logo video at startup
- On singleplayer if you chain-crash 5 times while loading into the game then on 6th try you will be teleported to the desert
- Fixed a crash related to accessing the purge on game shutdown
- Fixed a crash in the purge system for new players who don’t do anything to register any purge events
- Purge NPCs now do correct amount of damage to placeables (previously too low)
- Players now do correct amount of damage to placeables (previously too high)
- Purge NPC damage modifier now based on strength of purge instead of purge max difficulty setting
- Exploit fix: Fixed a visual and stats issue when selecting multiple weapons at the same time
- Jaguars should no longer defy gravity
- Admin teleport while a player is in character creation should no longer block character creation from finishing
- Added a potential fix from Epic for “device lost” crashes
- Reduced the max amount of death map markers to 3, to match the amount of max corpses you can have active at the same time
- Fixed an issue that would make players invisible during attacks or rolls when they were on buildings
- Fixed a server crash related to loading of clan logs
- Fixed a crash related to double-cliking items in slots
- Fixed a crash related to removing items from slots
- Fixed a crash related to RCON
NEW FORMAT: We’re keeping TestLive notes under one thread for now to keep it all in one place instead of making new ones. We’ll update this thread with the new notes.
- Fixed balance issues related to stacking of reaper and scorpion poison
- Fixed a crash related to modified damage from players and NPCs
- Placeables should take same amount of damage as building pieces from players and NPCs
- PurgeNPCBuildingDamageMultiplier server setting now uses per purge difficulty rather than server max purge value to calculate damage modifers. Previously a difficulty 1 purge could use the damage modifier for a purge difficulty 5 (20x instead of 5x) if max purge level was set to 5 on the server. Lower difficulty purges now deal less damage to buildings.
- The server setting PurgeNPCBuildingDamageMultiplier can now be modified by server admins
- New default values for “PurgeNPCBuildingDamageMultiplier = (5.0, 5.0, 10.0, 15.0, 20.0, 25.0)” where the 1st number and 6th number correspond to a difficulty 1 and 6 purge, respectively
- Fixed a problem with DB backups resulting in too few backups being stored
- Fix for thralls falling through building floors. Please report asap if you can reproduce this now
- With the latest Testlive versions we cannot reproduce the problem with disappearing buildings when the decay system is off. We are, however, adding further logging capabilities to detect if this happens. The logging will be active on Testlive servers and we will provide instructions for how private server admins can also turn this on. Please report asap if you can reproduce this now
- Fixed a server crash related to display racks.
- Fixed a problem with not being able to use unarmed attacks or kicks, along with unarmed fist items showing up in inventories.
- Max elevation at which you can place buildings is now 600 meters across the map. This fixes some building exploits in the volcano area (and should not impact players unless they are reenacting “Jack and the beanstalk” story)
- Fixed some water and sand rendering artifacts
- Added support for force-checking .pak files after a major game update
- Player thralls now follow same rules as buildings for taking damage from players. Both PvE and PvE-Conflict servers will have invincible thralls.
Just to note, we have removed the EA splash screen at the start of the game as well as the EA banners. This is in preparation for launch so it won’t still be there on the 8th.
- Fixed a player collision problem when logging into a server with the setting active to leave offline characters in the world
- Removed unarmed attacks from human npcs and gave them stone daggers instead to avoid players being able to obtain and equip unarmed attacks which bug out their characters
- Fixed an issue with Steam achievement unlocking
- Fixed a text cut-off issue with “take all” button
- Rebalanced the Mitra spear and Acheronian sickle
- Slightly increased blockee rebound time for 2h spear heavy attacks
- Slightly reduced blocker confirm time for 2h spear heavy attacks
- Cripple effects for melee weapons have been reduced in efficiency
- Lowered the damage of the sickles
- Fixed issue where poison stacks could increase as it was ticking (caused by the weapon being listed as the “damage causer”, which could still be poisoned)
- Also fixes issue where poison was affected by armor penetration of the weapon that caused it
- Fix to make javelins have DM’s and not icons wrongly assigned, thus crashing the server
- Reduced the effect of the Receptive perk (Vitality 40) from +100% healing to +25% healing
- Healing potions now take 10s to heal, increased from 5s. Total healing remains the same
- Regeneration from healing potions now breaks on taking damage
- Bandage healing does not break on damage and removes bleeds and cripples at the end of the effect
- Bandage healing now breaks on movement
- Bleeds now stack up to 20 times and lasts for 20s. Up from 10 stacks and 10 seconds. Bleed damage scaling per stack reduced
- Removed drop from greylotuspotion that overrode healing
- Removed over-the-top-healing from the grey lotus potion that overrode healing
- Early Access splash screen, Early Access banner, etc are removed from this version to prepare for launch. This version does not contain the volcano and swamp, which will be made available to players at launch.
- Thralls should no longer fall under the ground while being dragged in singleplayer/co-op
- Fixed a crash related to making an item in a story-related altar
- Fixed a problem with target lock which would sometimes move the camera behind the player character, making it difficult to see the target
- Thralls no longer damage their own base
- Time restricted PvP building damage was preventing players from damaging each other
- Fixed player owned Thralls could be killed outside of time-restricted PvP window
- Rolled out some new Testlive servers:
New TestLive build is out!
- Redshell plugin removed
- Server browser: PvP-F now shows as PvE-C
- Fixed a crash in character creation
- Fixed a problem where health went back to max after taking damage
- Fixed auto-lock and dodging sometimes happening on the spot
- Blunted Javelin no longer does concussion damage in melee (only throwing)
- Elixirs and some other buffs no longer get cancelled as if they were healing buffs
- Several crash fixes
This is version 96266/17834. Please be sure you update your build and that you have the same number!
- As an admin you can now explicitly whitelist players by SteamID
- Player names now show up further away (PC only)
- Players who go AFK will now be kicked from the server. Added two server settings, one for how full the server should be and one for how long until kick if idle and server is full
- Auto-target should now prioritize enemies over clan mates
- Added PvE-Conflict mode to the server type selection screen
- Changed default tethering distance for PC
- Thrall follower will no longer return to original position if player disconnects while thrall is set to follow. Instead, the thrall will hold its position
- Fixed a problem with NPCs getting stuck in doorways
- Follower thrall should no longer walk backwards when set to follow the player
- Fixed a problem with thralls not being able to attack after unequipping weapons during combat
- Humanoid NPCs should no longer wield weapons and shields outside of combat
- Fixed a problem with thralls no longer able to follow you if you logged out while thrall was in following mode
- Improved streaming performance
- Optimized the number of database queries related to corpses/unconscious bodies
- Optimized orb effect combo cost
- Fixed a navigation problem for the server browser
- Fixed language cut-offs in inventory view for several languages
- Fixed a problem with server browser whereby servers did not list if max ping was cleared
- When inspecting a thrall, the “Equip” button will now correctly equip items from either the players or the thralls backpack on the thrall
- KickAFKPercentage = 80 (integer value, between 0 and 100)
- KickAFKTime = 2700 (integer value, in seconds)
Hail and well met! Got a new patch for you all. Thanks for the continued reports! This is version 98222/17925 so please be sure to update your game.
- Fixed a problem with thralls falling through ground while performing melee attacks near a doorway
- Balance pass on amount of experience player gains from exploration
- Fixed a problem with equipped weapons not rendering for other players
- Fixed a problem with cloning thralls
- Fixed a crash related to static placeables (which should improve stability in coop play)
- Fixed a problem where using the radial menu on a controller would block Main Menu from opening
- Fix auto-target to downprioritize clan mates selection when enemies are present
- Player name tags now show up further away on PC
- Admins can now explicitly whitelist players by SteamID
- Added ability to override decay score for small buildings to help combat landclaim harassment
- Fixed a problem with follower thrall sometimes walking backwards when following
- Fixed a problem with thrall no longer able to attack after unequipping a weapon
- Fixed a problem with human NPCs falling under structures if performing a melee attack near a doorway
- Fixed a crash related to static placeables (which should improve stability in coop play)
- Button icon “Buy Up to Next Perk” should now be visible for all players -not just admins
- Fixed a problem with servers not displaying if the maximum ping section was cleared
- Fixed a problem with dodging while locked on to a target whereby you would sometimes dodge on the spot
- Balance pass on number of zeals obtained from various processes in the altars
- Fixed a health regen issue which could max your health after taking damage under certain conditions
- Fixed player corpse sometimes turning into deformed statues
- Fixed a problem with corpse sometimes not showing for the owner despite visible to other players
- Fixed a problem with Purge NPCs not doing damage against buildings on PvE servers
OverrideDecayMaxBuildingPieces = X, where X is number of pieces (default 6)
OverrideDecayTime = N, where N is the number of minutes before building is decayed (default 30)
- You can now add and remove servers from your favourite list
- PVE Conflict servers joined the ranks of properly filtered servers in the browser
- Fixed an issue where thralls wouldn’t follow you after logging out with said thrall in Follow mode.
- Exile NPCs learned to properly put away their weapons and shields when out of combat.
- General Server Performance improvements
- Fixed a bug that would remove the loading screen prematurely while the closest buildings were still loading in. Sorry thieves, you will no longer be able to loot through walls, doors and foundations that haven’t properly loaded.
- Weapon and Shield display racks should now work as intended
- Items in the Chaosmouth Altar will no longer disappear if you walk away without having all required items placed.
- Fixed an issue where some placeables would instantly disappear on placement if their base was placed slightly underground, still consuming the item.
- Fixed a bug where character corpses where sometimes lootable on PvE servers even though they were not supposed to be
- Even though it took skill, your character will now longer be able to run away while sitting or laying down.
- The Altar of Set should no longer vanish after upgrading.
- Fixed an issue where your encumbrance level would be incorrect after using an armor reduction kit.
- Fixed an issue where the Bearer Pack added wrong value to attributes after relogging.
- Fixed an issue where the servers wouldn’t properly display after using the maximum ping filter
- The news tab in the main menu should now redirect to the correct forum
- Fixed a bug where a character would sometimes get stuck in falling animation after a jump immediately after startup.
This is version: 100548/18277
Also, please take some time to read our post regarding patches and what’s coming over the next week:
Quick update on Patches for this and the coming week
- Message of the Day is now saved after closing the window.
- Removed the second Edit Text icon on the Chat Log screen.
- Fixed the chat visibility settings not working in other languages than English.
- Turning DisableBuildingAbandonment on after having it disabled for a while should not demolish buildings built in the past, and can no longer be toggled while the server is running.
- Your buildings and placeables will now go into the Abandoned state if you recreate your character. Other players can then demolish them freely.
- Adjustments to corpse physics.
- Split “Show Help When Building” settings into “Show Help When Building” and “Show Contextual Controls”. So admins can choose to have the hud tooltips for controls on building only while disabling for the rest of the game.
- Exploit Fix: No longer possible to bring all attributes to 50.
- It is no longer possible to alter server setting fields when they are disabled.
- Purge meter will no longer reset to zero after a user rejoins the session.
- Fixed an issue where Exile NPCs could get stuck in doorframes
- GUI memory optimizations.
- When using a controller, fixed an issue where you were unable to place an item into the radial menu if your highlight went from the recipes to the inventory items directly.
- Fixed an issue that would make your placeable item be consumed upon placing, without actually being placed.
- Fixed an issue involving slopes or stairs where you could get sprint without any stamina drain.
- Fixing a crash when summoning avatars.
- Various other crash fixes.
- Various server optimizations.
- Fixed an issue with following thralls giving a “Too many thralls following you” error after a relog.
- When inspecting a thrall, the “Equip” button will now correctly equip items from either the players or the thralls backpack on the thrall.
- The previous fix for the attribute exploit only reset feats. This patch will reset both the feats and attributes.
- Fixed a crash related to taking items off of thralls.
- Exploit fix: Fixed a problem with stack merging logic which could allow for item duplication for certain equipped items
Hey all! Got a small TestLive patch for you. This isn’t the huge one with over 500 fixes just yet. That is still to come. This is version 100794/18352
- Upgraded to new version of BattlEye with improved hack detection
- Refactored placement validation for some building modules for increased multi-building mod compatibility.
We’ll be patching TestLive to address some high priority bugs before the big content update next week. That’s not to say there won’t be more bug fixes in that specific patch for TestLive as well.
(Click here for info on how to connect to TestLive)
Special thanks to those in the community who helped us hunt down some of the tougher bugs and thanks to everyone else for the continued reports, feedback and for being part of our Exiles community
Let’s get to it then!
- Fixed an issue where Thralls health would reset after restarting the game
- Fixed an issue where NPCs wouldn’t properly aggro the player
- Fixed an issue with Rotbranch’s attacks not dealing any damage
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances it wasn’t possible to equip a weapon on a Thrall
- Fixed an issue where Thralls would stay in the air when the building they were standing on was removed
- Fixed an issue where older Fish Traps, Shellfish Traps, Wells and Beehives to properly fill up again
- Fixed thermal protection and stats on Aquilonian DLC Armor
- Fixed some server crashes
- Fixed an exploit that in some cases could let you climb up building pieces that shouldn’t be climbable
- Nudity Options during Character Creation are now also accessible when using a controller
Exciting new things to test for you as we deploy the pet taming system, a new dungeon and new combat mechanics to TestLive!
This patch is relatively big (17GB). We are however looking into adding a separate download for TestLive so you won’t have to switch back and forth between the Live game and our Test Servers. We can’t promise anything just yet but we are checking options that hopefully will make it easier for you to switch to TestLive to try out new content and help us with feedback and input.
With that said, we would like to ask you to provide input in the pet balancing specifically. This is work in progress and should make the pets feel rewarding and viable without them neither being too weak or too powerful. Please use these dedicated TestLive forums to discuss.
- New Dungeon: The Midnight Grove
- New pet taming system
- New offhand combat mechanics
- New Arrows: Light Arrows, Tar Arrows, Poison Arrows, Ivory Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Healing Arrows
- Right now animal pens look empty while the baby animal is undergoing training and once training is complete.
- Animal pens only have 250HP
- Animals in Pens do not consume food or produce ingredients
- True Name of Derketo cannot be crafted
- Panther Pet crafting time is extremely fast
- Crocodile Hatchlings are transformed into Tamed Spotted Hyena when placed in Pen
- Pet feeding screen cannot be opened from the radial menu
- Crafted Pet ends up in output inventory, but should go to pet inventory.
- Grove of Jhebbal Sag does not disappear upon creating True Name of Jhebbal Sag
- Feed Box UI is rescaled each time a new thrallified animal is placed
- Rhino pet following you will run around when you move away from it
- Players can sometimes place pets even if “Overlapping with placed object” error message is displayed
- Avatar of the Jhebbal Sag is a bit wonky
- When teleporting into the JhebbalSag dungeon bosses sometimes do not spawn
- Added Pet taming system
- Added Werewolves
- Added Nightvision Potion, allowing players to see more clearly when it’s dark
- New Dungeon: The Midnight Grove
- New offhand combat mechanics
- New Arrows: Light Arrows, Tar Arrows, Poison Arrows, Ivory Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Healing Arrows
- Thralls will now need to be fed in order to survive. Place food items into their inventory to feed them, or use the Thrall Pot to distribute food automatically
- Added the option to visually remove text on signs made by people outside your guild. You will only see it if you click on it.
- Added the option to visually remove all text from signs. You will only see it if you click on it.
- Beehives now require Queen Bees to produce honey
- Fish/Shellfish traps now require bait to produce fish
- Added new combat animations
– The Sword/Axe/Mace and Shield heavy chain will now incorporate shield bashes
– Throwing axes are now a part of your heavy chain combos when wielded with Swords, Axes and Maces
- Added new attack to the Spider Tarantula Boss
- Added new attack to the Crocodile Boss
- New knockback setup and animations for monsters
- New Rocknose animations
- Added new idle and threat animations
- Moved Sunder debuff to the right side of the nameplate, where it belongs
- Darkened the opacity on the background panel for container inventories
- Added button to the server list where players can report downed servers
- Thralls have now 50% increased health. That is to bring them in line with some of the greater pets and also make it more interesting to take a thrall out for exploration/hunting
- Vaults have now much lower hitpoints and will decay faster
- Glowing Standing Torch should now have the correct HP when placed down
- Added more building and climbing blockers to areas where players aren’t supposed to build/climb:
– The City of Votaries of Skelos
– The Exiles’ camp between the Sandswept Ruins and Drifter’s Rest
– NPC village in Deckswab’s Retreat
- The Epic version of Conan’s Atlantean Sword is now more durable than its Mid Grade equivalent, as it should be
- Fixed swapped ingredients for Ugly and Unapetizing Fish Tropies
- Re-balanced armor bonuses to stats
- Fixed some bugs related to NPC patrols around camps
- Bossonian Bow can be repaired again
- Status effects, journey steps and crosshairs should now be temporarily removed when cinematics trigger
- Fixed an animation bug where animals would turn away from you after attacking
- Fixed a bug where the player character would clip through solid structures when re-logging after sitting in a chair
- It should now be possible attach fence foundations corner-to-corner at a right angle
- Fixed a bug where Reinforced Wooden Awnings couldn’t be placed
- All sloped wall pieces now detract the same amount of stability
- Aquilonian Braziers, Hanging Braziers and Khitan Lamps should no longer be placeable underground
- Fixed a bug where the sound of footsteps in water would play when walking on the edge of the Large Water Well
- Fixed Iron Brazier in Deathwhisper Camp so it doesn’t float anymore
- Fixed a bug where low tier items would lose all durability after having damage kits applied to them
- Fixed a bug where the Noxious Gas debuff would wear off, even when standing in gas
- Hatch Frames now snap to walls, door frames and frame pieces
- Statues of Refreshment can now be placed near any of Mitra’s religious buildings
- Giant Snakes and Alpha Snakes should now drop Reptile Hides when harvested
- You should now be able to harvest Crimson Lotus Flower with Sickles
- JungleBirds now drops heads
- Glowing Sticks should now be usable underwater
- Fixed a bug where the expiration timer on Purified Flesh would display a negative value
- Players should now be able to place walls next to stairs
- Fixed an issue where the Witch Queen could be engaged behind the magical barrier
- Fixed a bug where gamepad and mouse would lose functionality after controlling an avatar
- Ostrich egg clutches under ground in the middle of the desert are are now above-ground
- Fixed an issue where placeables would disappear if the base of the item was slightly below-ground
- Fixed a bug where you could override the corruption limit by drinking Corruption Brew
- Fixed a bug where bedroll map marker would disappear after respawn
- Helped a Shaleback out from inside a tree by moving his spawn point
- Fixed a bug where you wouldn’t do damage when jumping on another person’s head
- Fixed a bug where the Palisades’ placement brush would give the “Spikes” debuff and cause lag issues
- Fixed a bug where The Kinscourge would lose aggro if the player stands on a balustrade
- Fixed an issue with re-binding the CTRL key
- Fixed a bug where dismantling a Wheel of Pain would cause it to drop an unlootable loot bag
- Merchants now have names and are marked as “Merchant”, rather than “Fighter”
- White placeholder icon for teleportation buff is now no longer visible
- Various audio fixes
- It should now be easier to place items on the Wall Hanging Shelf
- Planters are no longer semi-indistructable when attacked with a trebuchet
- Archpriests of Yog should now use the correct weapon rather than a Yog Cleaver
- Removed the ability to apply Weapon Damage Kits to torches as it was causing bugs
- Fixed missing collision on chests placed on the roof of The Well of Skelos
- Reduced the size of the button to open the log folder, allows the log window to be larger
- Added a button to open the folder containing the ini files
- Added a button to copy the mac/hardware address to the clipboard (useful when trying to do port forwarding on a web interface)
- Added a combo selector for the server region
- Added an edit field for the maximum number of players allowed on the server
- Added a check: If settings have changed, the launcher will ask to confirm about losing changes when starting the server
- Added a startup check: If we find a running server process that happens to not be the one in our sub-folder, display a message and quit
- Changed the deployment/update/starting/stopping sequence to make it easier to know what is happening (icon changes and messages in the status bar)
- Added support for switching between the Live and TestLive branch
- The revision and snapshot information is now extracted from the Dreamworld DLL and displayed in the UI
- Removed the tray icon
- Added an option to force validate the server installation
We want to thank everyone for their feedback from our recent TestLive testing and we’d like to chime in with a few thoughts on what’s going to happen with the Pets and Feeding systems moving forwards. This is going to be pretty candid, but here we go!
We have deployed a new TestLive version today that includes, among many others, the following fixes:
- Pet feeding amounts are dramatically reduced.
- Unattended time to death for companions is dramatically extended.
- Food decays slowly in feeding/pet related containers.
- Fish traps won’t require bait to operate.
The current numbers are very crude, early, numbers that in retrospect shouldn’t have made it to TestLive. We apologize for even putting them in front of you in their current state. More so, the system itself also needs tweaks that we should have implemented internally before considering it ready for public consumption.
TestLive is a testing bed, in some cases more than others, and it will naturally end up with early and badly tuned data at some points. Internally we have to focus on the mechanics and try to predict the dynamics of the game, but ultimately certain features need a larger magnitude of testing and for that, we need your help. This means dealing with broken game states when playing in TestLive, at least temporarily.
That being said, we want to make it very clear that your frustration about the system as it is in TestLive right now is justified and understandable. We are working as fast as we can to bring TestLive to a point where we can all focus on providing and obtaining constructive and actionable feedback about the new content.
To get a little deeper, it is not the design intention to add extra grinding mechanisms to the game. The game already has enough grinding/time submission mechanisms. We do not consider it necessary to increase the amount of time you have to spend gathering.
What we’d like to add is more nuance to certain systems, a minimum level of flavor and immersion and to address certain technical needs regarding the number of companions a server can feasibly handle. When looking at pets and thralls specifically we’d like to give you rewarding options tied to their large cultural variety and the extensive cooking system. Keyword there being options.
We are rolling out several changes to TestLive to create a better representation of what we’d like to call our Iteration 0 of the system as we envisioned it.
The following is a more detailed list of the updates that will roll out and those that we are still working on.
- The amount of food required to sustain a thrall/pet will go down dramatically. We’d like to point out that this number is still very prone to tweaking and would love to hear your feedback on it. To reiterate, the objective is nuance and flavor, not grinding. The numbers we are working at the moment come from our data and expectations on the amount of excess materials produced through normal gameplay.
- The amount of time a companion can go on without eating, from fully fed to hungry, will be 7 days.
- Companions will be able to eat pretty much anything that’s even remotely edible. Please see below for more upcoming changes related with companion diets.
- Food dispensers (Thrall Pot and Feedbox) will push smaller amounts of food to each companion before moving onto the next companion. The net result of this is that all your companions will be more equally fed and you’ll need smaller amounts of food to reach them all.
- Rearing pets will cost less food resources. This includes Shadespiced food which is enhanced food that increases the chance of rearing a Greater pet.
- Pet eggs will hatch faster.
- Pens will be able to rear multiple pets at the same time.
- Pet health values will be set to sensible baseline values (in general, larger than they were).
- The thrall hitpoint bug is now fixed. As a reminder, we had also doubled thrall hitpoints across the board prior to this version, though that was impossible to see when your thrall health was buggy.
- Food will decay very slowly when placed in pet Pens. The higher the tier of the pen, the slower it will decay.
- Food will also decay very slowly when placed in food dispensers.
- Preservation box’s inventory space will be increased. Also, food will not decay in them, if there’s ice in the box.
The fish trap changes are another mechanic that has raised concerns of grind vs necessity. We are rolling out the following updates:
- All fish traps will return to operate like they did before, where they will not require bait to passively generate fish over time.
- We have added the ability to use bait to force a specific result. For example, if you want Unappetizing Fish, you can force that outcome with insects. Grubs will catch Exotic Fish. No bait means you get a random fish, which is the way they work in the Live servers.
There is a number of known bugs that we are aware of and are already working on:
- Food timers can display incorrectly on dedicated servers, including going into negative values. This problem does not exist in Single Player mode.
- Icons in the feeding list display a placeholder instead of the portrait of the companion.
- Food dispensers can sometimes feed hostile companions.
- Companions will continue to be fed even after leaving the range of the food dispenser.
Work continues in the systems themselves. These are changes that are in the pipe but won’t be in the very next TestLive patch. They will come to TestLive soon™ :
- There will be server options to enable/disable the feeding system separately for thralls and pets. There will also be server config parameters to adjust other aspects of the system, including if your companions should die when they are hungry or only be reduced in health. This means your server can adjust the system to a level of commitment/consequence that you want, including disabling it entirely.
- If you match thrall’s preferred diet, they will gain a bonus buff. This way, if you do care about the specifics of each companion type, you can get a temporary short-term advantage. You can still feed them whatever you want to prevent them from decaying. This also means you can buff your companions right before battle. A server setting (disabled by default) will allow you to make diet matching mandatory if that’s what you prefer.
These are just some of the new upcoming tweaks and features, but it’s by no means a comprehensive or closed list. We urge you to please try the changes with fresh eyes and come back to us with your feedback.
- Thralls should now spawn with the correct health
- Tamed pets will now attack wild animals of the same species as intended
- Collision update to the walls inside Reinforced Animal Pen
- The camera should now behave as intended when summoning Jhebbal Sag
- Acheronian Longsword, Spear and War-Axe should no longer be more powerful than Star Metal equivalents
- Updated pet health so Greater Pets are stronger than normal pets
- Grove of Jhebbal Sag should now disappear when making True Name of Jhebbal Sag
- Fixed Corrupted Spiders so they’re not killed in one hit with Star Metal Greatsword
- Clan Message of the Day can now be navigated to with a controller
- Dung weighs 2 units instead of 50
- Updated surface swimming to work with a glowstick
- Fixed a bug where Star Metal Pickaxe cost 0 points to unlock
- Adjusted panter pet rearing time
- You should now be able to change fuel type with a controller
- Bosses should now spawn as intended in the Midnight Grove
- Pet pens now produce items if pets in it are given their favorite food
- Fixed a bug where the camera would rotate 90 degree when enterint the Midnight Grove from the Main Menu
- Avatar Lifetime option is no longer missing in a single-player game
- Fixed an issue where the clan member sub-menu wouldn’t appear on a 4K monitor
- Carpets should now disappear when foundations are destroyed
- Fixed a bug where the Avatar of Jhebbal Sag wouldn’t appear after summoning
- Fixed an exploit where players could push themselves under the map using ceilings and climbing
- Fixed a bug where the UI would disappear for the host of a co-op session when a client summons an avatar
- Fixed a bug in the “Food time left” counter, causing it to skip five seconds every 10 seconds
Private server admins should be aware of the following:
- StarvationDamagePenaltyCap=0.000000 should be replaced with StarvationDamagePenaltyCap=1.000000. Instead of going down to 0% then thralls can go down to 100% health when they starve
Happy Saturday Exiles!
We have a new set of changes for you guys and girls on TestLive.
Let me take this opportunity to once more thank you all for your help in working with us so closely.
We are running some performance tests on TestLive which is the reason that the servers can be laggy at times, so please bare with us. We do keep server restarts in mind as we monitor the servers for performance and will do so as needed.
As mentioned on stream on Friday evening, we are also working on Purge fixes but they didn’t make it to TestLive just yet. Stay tuned for updates on this soon.
Beehives will now behave differently:
Over time, they will collect honey. In addition to this, it’s possible to find bees in the world once in a while by gathering flowers (Midnight blue, aloe, etc). Worker Bees will produce extra honey and Queen Bees (rare from only specific flowers and lotuses) will produce a lot more honey before they are consumed.
Pets will now get a buff if they eat their preferred food:
If you match a thrall’s preferred diet, they will now gain a bonus buff. This way, if you do care about the specifics of each companion type, you can get a temporary short-term advantage. You can still feed them whatever you want to prevent them from decaying. This also means you can buff your companions right before battle. A server setting (disabled by default) will allow you to make diet matching mandatory if that’s what you prefer.
- Pets now have a special hunger animations
- Corrected Healthpool of the White Tiger
- Corrected HealthPool l for Hyenas and Shoebills
- Koros the Brave has expanded his range of wares and has now more than just Shoebill eggs for sale
- Dead Demonic Spider and Green and Pink Shoebills now drop carcasses when harvested
- Fixed an issue with some NPCS in Midnight Grove not attacking the player
- Fixed an issue with wolves not using all their available attacks
- Fixed an issue with Bosses in the Midnight Grove not spawning properly
- You will no longer meet your demise while exiting the Midnight Grove.
- Fixed an issue with the Sign of Jhebbal Sag turning the Crocodile World Boss into Werewolf types
- Fixed an issue with Werewolves spawning from Sign of Jhebbal Sag dispawning too fast
- Fixed an issue with certain Shadespiced Stew versions not being able to be prepared
- Pet inventories are now only accessible by their respective owners
- Fixed an issue where a player’s feeding box would also feed random other pets
- Fixed an issue where crafting an animal pen for the first time would use the resources but not create a placeable
- Fixed scrolling for the feeding box if the amount of owned pets would succeed 6.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to refresh the server list
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to queue crafting processes
- Fixed a tooltip issue when a player character is unarmed
- Fixed an issue where thrall inventories could be exploited to carry more items than intended
- Fixed a bug where Archer Thralls would produce infinite amount of special arrows.
- Landscape loading improvement for the Midnight Grove
- Art improvements for the Midnight Grove regarding the Hyena Path
- Removed and updated areas inside Midnight Grove where the player could potentially get stuck
- Fixed several visual seams in Midnight Grove
- Removed the “Temp” exit out of the Midnight Grove to something less “Temp”
- Fixed an issue with Sandstorms damaging players in the Swamp Area.
- Items that are currently being used as ingredients in a crafting process will no longer be displayed as an available resource
- Added pet and hunger system server settings to the admin panel
- Honey now stacks up to 100
- Attempting to clan invite a player that is already in a clan will not trigger a popup with a warning.
- Avatars won’t deal damage with their attacks on dedicated servers
Yet another week and yet another updated with fixes and improvements to TestLive.
We want to get this patch to be as stable and fun as possible before we deploy it to all live platforms.
However, this is also an official Call to Arms TestLive event again! Read all about the criteria and what you can win here.
We have also Purge updates for you!
Please take a moment to let us know how they feel with this update.
- Optimized database cleaning to remove inactive clans
- Better randomization for Purge spawn options
- Distracted Purgers will no longer get sidetracked by random Points of Interest.
- Set initial purge countdown to 15 minutes
- Players can no longer jump over gates in Midnight Grove with Extended Leap perk unlocked
- Pet feeding screen can now be opened from the radial menu
- We taught the Locust Queen how to fight!
- The Camel pet is now the proud owner of a backpack
- Animal pen dung production is now more stable with different pets
- Fixed several issues with pen crafting
- Dead tamed Shalebacks no longer drop Chitin when harvested
- A Single Boar Shoat no longer becomes a Boar and Greater Boar when fed two different foods
- Thrall pots no longer spawn with 0 HP
- Entertainer Thralls now provide buffs after having been on follow mode
- There is no longer a Jhebbal Sag priest present at the Altar of Yog Summoning Place
- The Crocodile boss near the N’batu’s Pack is no longer stuck and attacks the player
- The Gorilla boss can no longer get stuck on a stack of bones
- The Headdress of Jhebbal Sag is now correctly attached
- Night vision potion is now crafted at Jhebbal Sag altar
- Explosive arrows now deal the correct damage to T3 fences and walls
- Avatar special attacks now damage buildings with the correct amount of damage. This is not a fix for avatars as they are undergoing additional changes and updates as part of the siege system re-balancing. Set is still being difficult!
- "Show your religious Zeal’ Journey Step now unlocks at Jhebbal Sag altars
- The sign of Jhebbal Sag can now be damaged
- The Claws of Jhebbal Sag now lasts for 10 minutes as intended
- Fixed a bug where NPC’s hairline was not textured correctly (hairlines are important!)
- Warpaints now also cover forearms
- It is now possible to clear your Admin Password
- Implemented SFX for highlighting Finalize Character in Character Creation
- Fixed a spot where players could avoid getting attacked by The Werewolf boss
- The player can no longer climb into the model of the Palace of the Witch Queen
- The player can no longer hide from Jaguar boss attacks behind stacks of bones
- in game Map can now be zoomed out further
- Added coordinate grid to the in game Map
- The menu can now be accessed during Character Creation
- Implemented a confirmation prompt upon exiting game from Dedicated server
- The map navigation is no longer inverted when inverting the Y axis on a controller
- The “Cycle Filter” button no longer becomes unresponsive when cycling through all filters
Happy Monday Exiles Family,
We do have a few quick fixes for you on TestLive as we steer towards a more stable version of our new mechanics and addressing lingering issues as well. This will be deployed on all TestLive servers in about 30 minutes from now.
We’ve already put in Purge improvements with our previous TestLive update and more are coming. Even though there are no additional changes for this build we have more on the board for coming updates. Please let us know how the Purges feel going forward. Remember, just because your Purge Meter is full doesn’t mean you necessarily get chosen to get a Purge. It is still just a chance among all players/clans with a full Purge Meter.
We also reverted the server settings so we have each of the server types available for testing: PvP, PvE and PvE-C.
On to the fixes and improvements for this week:
- Pets will now produce resources in the animal pens as long as they are given any food that is in their diet list - the exception to this is Rocknoses, that will only require Stone.
- Fixed an issue with some pets (typically the alpha pets) not producing anything while in the pen
- Dead pets will no longer magically produce a coarse set after eating from the feeding box.
- Fixed an issue in single player where pets would disappear if you’d go too far away from them
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would stop aggroing after a player teleported several times.
- Pets and Thralls that get stuck will now teleport back to the location they were deployed.
- Fixed issues with Midnight Grove bosses not spawning properly
- Fixed an issue where after unlocking a new arrow type, the arrows wouldn’t be used up when used from the radial/quickbar
- Brought item requirements for building the Altar of Ymir in line with the other Altars.
- Fixed an issue where the Midnight Grove wouldn’t properly reset
- Fixed additional issues where the player could get stuck in terrain
- Solved an issue with password protected servers not being displayed properly
- Fixed an issue where resetting Video settings to default wouldn’t apply changes to Windowed mode and resolution
- Fixed an issue where the in game map would be cut off in 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratio
- Added SFX for looting via the inventory preview
- Fixed an SFX issue on the difficulty screen
- Added SFX to Reset Attribute button
We are constantly working on improving our patching process and are really thankful for your input and feedback. We do love working closely with you and thank you for the ongoing support
We have a new juicy TestLive patch for you. Besides a whole lot of fixes we also have a few new, exciting mechanics for you to test out.
Bows have gotten faster and more deadly! We recently added a selection of new advanced (and deadly) arrows and now we are happy to finally roll out a new feature set for the Bow.
- The bow light attack combo is gone and has been replaced by a single fast shot with minimal after-shot recovery.
- The heavy attack has been revamped and is now a charge-able aimed shot. Hold down Heavy Attack and then press Light Attack to shoot.
- Holding down the Heavy Attack button increases the damage of the shot and if you hold it for long enough, the shot turns into a Power Shot with a flatter trajectory that is perfect for snipe shots!
We’ve done a number of balance tweaks to arrows in order to increase the usability of specialty arrows and taper the power/cost ratio of some specific arrow types:
- High tier arrows now do more damage. This affects Razor, Hardened Steel and Star Metal arrows.
- Snake and Light Arrows now do minimal physical damage. Snake arrows poison damage remains unaffected.
- Light Arrows are now much cheaper to make. They require no feathers anymore and a single craft makes a stack of 10 arrows.
- Healing Arrows are now much cheaper to make. They require Water Orbs instead of Dragonpowder.
- Gas Arrows are now more expensive to make. They now require a Gas Orb instead of Ichor.
- All specialty arrows are now much five times lighter!
We have improved all jumping animations, including new take-offs, falling and landing animations that depend on the length of the fall.
Lots of improvements coming in for throwing weapons with an aim to establish them as a very strong Cripple and damage option for short and mid ranges.
- All throwing weapons can now be recovered! If you hit another player or NPC with your axe or javelin, the weapon will end up in the target’s inventory. If you miss and hit a surface instead, the weapon will be pickup-able by interacting with it.
- All throwing weapons will cripple regardless of the body part hit.
- All throwing weapons do not aim compensate for distance to the target. This system was making throws unpredictable and we have decided to remove it. Throwing weapons will still aim at the center of the target if you are target locking, but they won’t compensate for other types of shots. This means that you can land your shots more reliable in situations where you’re prediction your target’s movement or throwing before your target shows out from behind cover/corners/battlements.
- Throwing axes now stack to 10 and never break!
- Throwing axe throws now recover faster!
- Throwing axe throws can be used as a wildcard replacement for any combo step. If you’re wielding a throwing axe, you can simply throw instead of attacking without losing your combo count. This means you can do stuff like Light → Light → Throw → Heavy Finisher. Enjoy!
- Throwing axes have a new flight effect.
We have introduced a new weapon type to the game. An ancient type of curved sword from the remote land of Yamatai: the Katana.
Katanas are two-handed swords with an entirely new and unique moveset. Their damage sits comfortably between spears and hammers with an armor penetration equivalent to that of the greatswords.
Katanas sport a range of unique features:
- The katana light attack combo is frontal set of attacks with a fair amount of forwards motion. The light attack finisher does damage equivalent to the heavy finisher of other weapons and applies bleed.
- The first light attack comes out very fast.
- Katanas do not have a heavy combo. Instead they can be charged with the Heavy Attack button in a special stance that leads into a very quick dash-attack. This dash-attack does more damage the longer the Heavy Button is held and is released by pressing the Light Attack button while in the special stance.
- Katana dash-attack goes through targets, ignoring collision. It’s a powerful tool to escape tight situations, even when not fully charged.
- Katana dash-attacks can be used as a wildcard replacement for any combo step. This means you can use it as an opener, a link or a finisher and combine it freely with any of the light attacks.
Care for a game of dice? Well now you can! Get your friends together for a little gambling:
- Chat input: /roll a b where a is the lowest number and b is the highest
Example: /roll 1 100
This will produce an output in the local chat (meaning, other players should see the result as well) reading “[Playername] rolled a 4 (1-100)” where the 4 here is the actual result and the 1-100 is the min/max value
- Chat input: /dice a b where a is number of dice and b is number of sides of the dice
Example: /dice 2 6
This willproduce an output in the local chat reading “[Playername] rolled a 7 (2d6)” where 7 here is the actual result, and the 2d6 means “two six-sided dice”
You will now get a popup on your screen when you enter the area of another player, informing you who owns the area and structures placed.
You are able to toggle this feature on and off in the settings.
(see further down for more info)
Please note that due to the sheer amount of changes, we are still adding patch note entries as we go. Some of the fixes have to undergo some additional final testing and we will add those as soon as we have the OK after QA has done their final pass.
- Fixed a bug where equipping a Javelin would block stamina regeneration and would allow stamina-free melee attacks to be performed
- Fixed a bug where explosive arrows were doing damage on PvE servers
- Fixed a bug where players would often get stuck inside Rhinos when fighting them
- Fixed a bug where archer thralls could provide you with an infinite amount of arrows
- Fixed a bug where player’s body would disappear from the map
- Fixed a bug where the character had drinking sounds when eating
- Fixed a bug where players could kill human NPCs who have dialogue options
- Fixed a bug with online server Steam invites not being sent
- Fixed a bug where thralls and pets would disappear when moved too far
- Fixed a bug where players where able to instantly kill other players by disabling their network adapter
- Fixed a bug where knocking out an NPC and letting them bleed to death would cause the NPC to respawn double
- Fixed a bug where applying a mod kit to Claws of Jhebbal Sag would reduce its expiration timer to five seconds
- Adjusted certain places were building is not intended.
- Fixed an issue with Star Metal Nodes not taking enough damage to break their shell
- Pets and Thralls will no longer instantly die from falling damage
- Adjusted spawn timers for some of the rare T4 NPCs
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to loot XX_Unarmed items from Thralls
- Fixed a bug where the piglet’s and boar piglet’s health points where out of balance
- Fixed a bug where harvesting piglets would provide Wild Boar Head and Tusks
- Fixed a bug where NPCs could fall through rocks near Hunter’s View, near the Sinkhole, and Stormwatch.
- Fixed a bug where The Barrow King couldn’t be shot in the head
- Fixed a bug where NPCs in the Temple of Frost couldn’t damage the player when hiding between Black Ice nodes
- Fixed a bug with Yog Priests using Yog Cleaver instead of a proper weapon
- Fixed a bug where the Swamp King would not aggro on sight
- Fixed a bug where Ravenous Wolves could not be damaged
- Fixed a bug where a dead, tamed Shaleback would only drop carcass when harvested with a skinning knife
- Fixed a bug where Jaguar’s head could not be obtained through harvesting
- Fixed a bug where Sewer Abomination’s blocked attacks would knock it back
- Fixed a bug where NPCs near the entrance to the throne room in the Witch Queen dungeon would lose aggro.
- Fixed a bug where the Boar boss had too little health
- Fixed a bug where the Boar Boss would lose aggro from a very short distance
- Fixed a bug where harvesting a Pet Camel with a Sickle or Cleaver would only yield Camel Carcass
- Fixed a bug where NPCs would lose their animation when released from bindings in single player mode
- Fixed a bug where skeletons would bleed when hit
- Fixed a bug where human NPCs were missing nameplates
- Fixed a bug where the player could not interact with, and was able to kill Vathis the Hierophant
- Fixed a bug where the Kinscourge would lose aggro towards the player when the player was hiding behind the balustrade
- Fixed a bug where the Jaguar boss couldn’t attack the player when standing in a particular place
- Fixed a bug where The Degenerate spawned two corpses when killed
- Fixed a bug where big scorpions would give Exotic Flesh instead of Feral Flesh
- Fixed a bug where undead Shalebacks would not aggro the player unless attacked first
- Fixed a bug where the far left item in the inventory of an Archer Thrall would disappear when the thrall started shooting
- Fixed a bug where the Rhino boss could not receive melee or ranged damage
- Fixed a bug where Throwing Axes used by thralls would not be functional on dedicated servers
- Fixed a bug where skeletons near the Sinkhole would lose their masks when killed
- Fixed a bug with health bar and npc name plate being placed seperately
- Pets and Thralls will no longer instantly die from falling damage
- Locust Queen Pet will now attack
- Pets and Thralls will now honor the players target and attack accordingly.
- You can no longer interact with a thrall that you don’t own.
- Fixed a bug with the same SFX being played upon arrows’ impact when hitting NPC and terrain
- Fixed a bug where water could be heard in areas without water in Hanuman’s Grotto
- Fixed a bug where rain SFX could be heard inside The Eye That Never Closes.
- Fixed a bug with muffled SFX being heard from Blacksmith’s Bench.
- Fixed a bug where the horn sound would loop during a Purge
- Fixed a bug with missing journal icons
- Fixed a bug where control tooltips would overlap when the player was blocked from placing a thrall
- Fixed a bug with misaligned Decorative Warpaint keywords
- Fixed a bug with multiple cut off letters in the Feats’ Teaches sections
- Fixed a bug with certain furnace related items, Rocknose Egg, and Spider Egg-sac lacking keywords
- Fixed a bug where Hoar-Frost Hatched was missing Hallowed and Ritual Harvest keywords
- Fixed a bug with improper placement of keywords for all pets
- Fixed a bug where the bow’s ammo icon was staying in the Main Hand slot after unequipping the weapon
- Fixed a bug where adding or taking items from containers could visually add or remove five inventory slots.
- Fixed a bug where Wooden Targe feat was missing from the Weapons tab
- Fixed a bug where the Obsidian Tools feat was missing from the Survival tab
- Fixed a bug where items could not be looted from a Tannery via Inventory Preview
- Fixed a bug with a placeholder icon next to the Night-Eye Potion’s effect
- Fixed a bug with misleading keywords in certain Relic Hunter armor pieces
- Changed the item order in quick preview inventory to be the same as the actual inventory
- Fixed a bug where the Abysmal Arrows feat was missing from the Weapons tab
- Fixed a bug where the Mountaineer feat was missing from the Armor tab
- Changed the name of Pictish Warchief Sandals to Boots and Pictish Brave Headband to Headgear, to better reflect the in-game model
- Fixed a bug where some religions had cut off text in their description
- Fixed an issue with inconsistencies in the descriptions for Extremely Hot and Heatstroke effects
- Fixed a bug where the blood splatter effect in the background of some feat icons would disappear
- Fixed a bug where two Dragonbone icons were displayed in the Dragonbone Arrows recipe
- Fixed a bug with an inconsistent description of Alcohol Poisoning debuff in the Stats tab
- Fixed a bug where Abysmal Flesh had no expiration timer
- Friendly Pets and Thralls can no longer be target locked
- It is now possible to rename placed chests
- Fixed a bug where Simple Tent couldn’t be placed on flat ground
- Fixed a bug where Glowing Standing Torch would increase temperature instead of reducing it.
- Fixed a bug where Raw Human Flesh would not be converted into Putrid Flesh upon expiration
- Fixed a bug where Jade Cat Idol couldn’t be aligned to the ground, or have its tilt and pitch adjusted.
- Fixed a bug where Iron Mug was crafted with wood
- Fixed a bug with inconsistent weight for the items learned from the Palisade feat
- Fixed a bug where the Serpent-man weapons had improper grades
- Fixed a bug with inconsistencies between weight and health points of Dragon and Cat idols
- Fixed a bug where traps could be returned to inventory after exploding
- Fixed a bug where weapons dropped from enemies or looted from chests would always be broken
- Fixed a bug where all versions of Light Hyrkanian Bow had the same weight
- Fixed a bug where the first heavy attack of greatswords would not deal damage in first person mode
- Fixed a bug with Dung weighing too much
- Fixed a bug where Aquilonian and Pictish awnings couldn’t be placed above foundations
- Fixed a bug where shooting the last arrow would not clear the ammo indicator on the bow
- Fixed a bug where Weapon Kits could be applied to Throwing Orbs
- Fixed a bug where stone throwing weapons would be listed as high grade instead of low grade
- Fixed a bug where sandstorm masks would not provide protection against noxious gas, if equipped after the effect was applied
- Fixed a bug where Flawless Iron Mace and Flawless Iron Warhammer were available from any level 3 blacksmith
- Fixed a bug with Epic Reptilian Armor having wrong values for helm, chest and gauntlets.
- Fixed a bug with inconsistencies in the number of items per stack between Abysmal Flesh and Cooked Abysmal Flesh
- Fixed a bug where axes would not apply bleed effect when dual wielded
- Fixed a bug where all versions of Hyena-fur Armor would give the same amount of bonus Survival attribute points
- Fixed a bug where Exceptional and Flawless versions of Steel Mace couldn’t be crafted or spawned
- Fixed a bug where players were able to craft Khitan Javelin and Khitan Throwing Axes
- Fixed a bug where repairing items with stacks of specific sizes caused the whole stack of resources to disappear
- Fixed a bug where certain heads could not be processed in the Fluid Press
- Fixed a bug where tier 3 Crenelated Walls could not be replaced by DLC Crenelated Walls
- Fixed an issue with target locking the Albino Bat Demon
- Fixed a bug where the TargetLock system would not select the remaining NPC when fighting two or more NPCs
- Fixed a bug where players could not climb onto ceilings while swimming
- Fixed a bug where players could avoid being attacked by Hrugnir of the Frost by standing on his arm rest
- Fixed a bug where the portal at the Altar of the Bat would not be functional
- Fixed a bug where cause of death would not be localized
- Fixed a bug where pick, cleaver or skinning knife had particle effects while hitting thin air
- Fixed a bug where crafting Flawless Iron Poniards required the Steel Poniards feat
- Fixed a bug where the corrupted part of the health and stamina bar would disappear after being depleted
- Fixed a bug where players where unable to loot unconscious bodies without changing the Backpack inventory to Shortcut
- Fixed a bug with Dried Fish having no burn time in Wheel of Pain
- Fixed a bug where Altar of Mitra in Muriela’s Hope did not provide any light
- Fixed a bug where a player could swim in the air underneath a waterfall
- Fixed a bug where Statue of Refreshment would not receive correct damage from orbs and jars.
- Fixed a bug where projectiles fired from Trebuchets could hit different places for different players depending on their positions
- Fixed a bug with building not being allowed in certain locations up north of The Dirgewood
- Fixed a bug where the character could walk underwater near certain locations.
- Fixed a bug where the textures of a waterfall in Shattered Springs would flicker when approached
- Fixed a bug where the Dye item sub-menu could be accessed from the item’s recipe on the Quick Bar
- Fixed a bug where one could override the corruption limit by eating Abysmal Flesh
- Fixed a bug where baby animals would not respawn until server restart, after being picked up
- Fixed a bug where drinking Hunter’s potion would add an incorrect amount of attribute points
- Fixed a bug where shields were missing the Shieldsmash label
- Fixed a bug with the graphics for selected tabs in the feat window
- Fixed a bug where weight and expiration time of Feat of Jhebbal Sag and Derketo would differ from other similar items
- Fixed a bug where pets would not reliably follow players into their base
- Fixed a bug where the model of a vulture would stay in place after it flew away
- Fixed an issue where Shemite Leggings and Shemite Shoes had improper stats
- Fixed a bug where the Avatars timers would not update correctly on dedicated servers
- Fixed a bug where vaults would cause lag when attempting to accessing it in single player
- Fixed a bug where leaving a session while controlling an avatar would cause the password prompt to not appear when trying to join a password-protected session
- Fixed a bug where attacks would often fail to hit players
- Fixed a bug where dismissing the window of a crafting station would reset the currently selected sorting option for the inventory
- Fixed a bug where shutting down the game while a pet was fighting would leave the pet’s “weapon” in the backpack inventory
- Fixed a bug where Golden Lotus Potion would not provide health regeneration
- Fixed a bug with a misplaced Power Shot particle effect when using Dragonbone Arrows
- Fixed a bug where the Cat-like perk would cause the maximum amount of damage taken from falling be equal to half of the character’s health points, instead of half of the damage appropriate to height of the fall.
- Fixed a bug where a wall was missing at the beginning of the Black Keep dungeon
- Fixed a bug where corpses would be invisible for players who were outside of rendering distance when the creature was killed
- Fixed a bug where the Days Passed slider would be inconsistently displayed
- Fixed a bug where the title could terminate when connecting to a dedicated server
- Fixed a bug where a Thrall’s recipes would not be visible when reentering any Crafting Station
- Fixed a bug where Totemic Pets were lacking Exclusive Diet
- Fixed a bug where drinking from a well, river, or drinking Purified Water did not provide a Cooling Down effect
- Fixed a bug where using second heavy attack of all two handed spear weapons would cause the character model to flicker
- Fixed a bug where the character model was shaking if the player pressed the walk button
- Fixed a bug where the starvation timer of pets and thrall was present after toggling the hunger system off
- Fixed a bug where players were able to scroll through icons of required items
- Fixed a bug where DLC items were non-functional or missing after learning any feat with DLC
- Fixed a bug where killing creatures would leave their duplicated, motionless model behind
- Fixed a bug where legendary chests would disappear when items were moved inside its inventory
- Fixed a bug where the tools harvesting animation would not loop when the player was holding down the Attack button
- Fixed a bug where the Polite Clap animation would end too quickly.
- Fixed a bug where the Face Details tab in Character Creation would reset to the top when player tried to choose eye colour
- Fixed a large number of floating placeables and world items including campfires, foliage, benches, bones, rocks, and many more.
- Patched up holes and walls where players could get stuck such as inside the crocodile giant, wooden pillars in the Den, fall into cracks in the Volcano biome, certain locations in the Midnight Grove, and many more.
- Barred places where players could reach an unplayable area in the Temple of Frost, the Archives, the King’s Niche, Bin-Yakin’s Seal, the Black Keep, and more.
- Adjusted and fixed collision issues and texture gaps on structures, foliage, animals, and such.
We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.
We are looking forward to your input and feedback.
Thank you very much for being part of your community and for your ongoing support
Hey everyone! We got a small update we just pushed out. Please continue to give us feedback on these builds! We absolutely appreciate all that you all have given us so far. We’ll try getting this to live as soon as possible. Thanks again!
- The Land Claim announcement feature now has a server-setting to turn this on/off. This setting is OFF by default on official PvP servers.
- It’s now possible to adjust the controller sensitivity setting while aiming using Power Shot
- Tweaked a minor issue with the LOD for the Siege foundation
- Decreased cost of making Snake arrows from 5 to 1 zeal per 10 arrows
- Fixed a bug where “xx_unarmed” items would appear in some NPC inventories after server restart
Testlive Patch (11.04.2019) - The Sunken City, Capitals population revamp, Witch Doctor feat and more
Testlive Patch (29.11.2019) - Mounts! Follower leveling system! More combat rebalancing! But…by Crom! There’s even more?!
##Testlive Patch (21.04.2020) - Followers II Rev.2
As usual, please post bug reports in the following format when possible:
Game mode: Official Testlive | Private Testlive | Singleplayer
Version: 9xxxx/1xxxx (can be read from bottom right on main menu, or at the bottom of the ingame menu)
Problem: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc
Crash dump link (if applicable, fill out the report with your email address to receive)
[Title: relevant subject which describes the problem]
Click here for directions on how to access TestLive.