Greetings, Exiles of the Testlive lands!
You might have heard the news by now: We are growing Conan Exiles with a whole new expansion of content, Isle of Siptah!
With it, we’re also releasing a big update aimed at re-balancing, fine-tuning and improving some of our game systems to make gameplay more enjoyable and visceral.
We’re overhauling the temperature system by changing how building and clothing pieces protect your characters against the weather conditions, as well as relaying that information in-game in a more consistent and straightforward way. We’re also aiming at re-balancing progression by tweaking experience and resource gains.
On the combat side of things, we’re also adding a few changes to make your actions matter more, adjusting how healing items are used. We are also improving PVP settings for servers, adding not only options for each day of the week (instead of the old distinction of only weekdays or weekends), but also a new dynamic building damage system to limit offline raiding.
We have also bundled in many exploit fixes, many general fixes including one that aims to prevent offline deaths based on temperature changes, a toggle for camera shake as well as many fixes to improve followers and world NPCs alike.
These are exciting times for Conan Exiles, and we’re extremely grateful to have all of you along for the ride. We’re eagerly awaiting your feedback not only about this patch and any stability issues you might find with it, but also for the new temperature, balance and PVP changes coming. Please give this patch a try and send us any issues you might find with it so we can have a smooth release on September 15th, both for the free game update and for the Early Access launch of Isle of Siptah.
Thanks for your ongoing support and feedback, and stay safe!
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
Temperature system overhaul!
We have reworked how building pieces and clothing affect your character environmental protection, and also improved how temperature changes are relayed to you on screen. Gone are the soothing buff and insulation and temperature protection stats, and in come Heat and Cold protections and buffs. For more information on how this works, read here!
We have normalized experience and gathering gains across the board, and making them be the new default. For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!
Combat and PVP changes!
We are changing how healing items are consumed and work to make combat more visceral and your actions more deliberate. PVP server settings have also experienced a facelift, with new customization options, as well as a new Dynamic Building Damage setting to customize offline raiding, or disable it altogether!
For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!
- Temperature system overhaul!
- Progression re-balancing!
- Healing items re-balance!
- New PVP settings, including offline raiding protection!
- Many exploit fixes!
- Numerous fixes and optimizations!
- …and much, much more!
- Fixed a number of connectivity issues.
- Added a number of server side and client side optimizations, especially in regards of the building system.
- Fixed a performance issue while playing the intro cut-scene on certain AMD hardware.
- Fixed a number of exploits that would allow a quick succession of attacks under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a number of exploits that would allow players to have infinite stamina.
- Fixed an issue that would allow stacking bonuses on thralls.
- Fixed a number of false positives in the anti-undermesh measures. This is a feature currently in testing only on Testlive official servers, so please send us any additional feedback you might encounter during your testing.
- Fixed a number of unintended locations where players could build.
- Temperature system overhaul.
– All clothes and armor now have two stats - Heat Resistance and Cold Resistance.
– Added indicators for a better representation of temperature changes in-game.
– Removed soothing buff, and simplified temperature de-buffs.
- PVP settings overhaul. They can now be adjusted per each day.
- New Dynamic Building Damage setting. If enabled, buildings can only be damaged as long as the building owner (clan or individual) is online or after a certain period when logging off.
- Added the ability to load custom maps.
- Added a new options in game settings to disable camera shake.
- Fixed an issue where bonus recipes provided by blacksmith and carpenter Thralls were not available in crafting stations.
- Horses would become hostile towards everything under specific circumstances. We said neigh to that.
- Fixed an issue where followers’ chase and attack distances are reset upon session restart.
- Followers should no longer teleport inside the map geometry when the player is climbing a surface.
- Certain enemy NPCs in the Dagon dungeon and Midnight Grove can no longer hurt other NPCs with their AoE attacks.
- Fixed a number of remaining hate list issues with world NPCs.
- Fixed an issue where thralls would get stuck switching weapons.
- Fixed an issue where scouting thralls could be damaged in unintended situations.
- Journey Steps now provide less experience.
- Combat and gathering now provide more experience and resources.
- Aloe Potions (potions) and Wraps (bandages) both now have animation requirements for their gameplay effects to trigger.
- Potions now have a short animation before their effect is triggered and bandages have their effect applied continuously.
- Being hot will increase your thirst-rate and at Extremely Hot, you will start taking damage over time and have a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.
- Being cold will increase your hunger-rate and at Extremely Cold, you will start taking damage over time and suffer a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.
- Items can now be used while placed in containers.
- Fixed an issue that would cause temperature resistances from building pieces to not be re-applied after a server restart, which could lead to player characters death on logging in. Yes, finally.
- Fixed an issue where more than one avatar could be summoned at once.
- Pet models in animal pens should no longer switch places and disappear after reloading the area.
- Player characters should no longer be able to be killed while teleporting.
- Removed soothing buff.
- Certain big enemies and bosses would flinch hysterically when being hit. We asked them to tone it down a bit.
- Fixed an issue with the horse dismounting animation.
- Fixed a number of issues with riding animations.
- Friends list should now be accessible with a controller or arrow keys.
- Removed the Barbarian Edition button from the main menu.
- Added new PVP settings and sliders to the Settings menu, under the general tab.
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.