Testlive Patch (11.09.2020) - The Isle of Siptah balance and bug fixing update

Greetings, Exiles of the Testlive lands!

You might have heard the news by now: We are growing Conan Exiles with a whole new expansion of content, Isle of Siptah!

With it, we’re also releasing a big update aimed at re-balancing, fine-tuning and improving some of our game systems to make gameplay more enjoyable and visceral.

We’re overhauling the temperature system by changing how building and clothing pieces protect your characters against the weather conditions, as well as relaying that information in-game in a more consistent and straightforward way. We’re also aiming at re-balancing progression by tweaking experience and resource gains.
On the combat side of things, we’re also adding a few changes to make your actions matter more, adjusting how healing items are used. We are also improving PVP settings for servers, adding not only options for each day of the week (instead of the old distinction of only weekdays or weekends), but also a new dynamic building damage system to limit offline raiding.

We have also bundled in many exploit fixes, many general fixes including one that aims to prevent offline deaths based on temperature changes, a toggle for camera shake as well as many fixes to improve followers and world NPCs alike.

These are exciting times for Conan Exiles, and we’re extremely grateful to have all of you along for the ride. We’re eagerly awaiting your feedback not only about this patch and any stability issues you might find with it, but also for the new temperature, balance and PVP changes coming. Please give this patch a try and send us any issues you might find with it so we can have a smooth release on September 15th, both for the free game update and for the Early Access launch of Isle of Siptah.

Thanks for your ongoing support and feedback, and stay safe!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

highlights

Temperature system overhaul!

We have reworked how building pieces and clothing affect your character environmental protection, and also improved how temperature changes are relayed to you on screen. Gone are the soothing buff and insulation and temperature protection stats, and in come Heat and Cold protections and buffs. For more information on how this works, read here!

Progression re-balance

We have normalized experience and gathering gains across the board, and making them be the new default. For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!

Combat and PVP changes!

We are changing how healing items are consumed and work to make combat more visceral and your actions more deliberate. PVP server settings have also experienced a facelift, with new customization options, as well as a new Dynamic Building Damage setting to customize offline raiding, or disable it altogether!
For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!

tldr

• Temperature system overhaul!
  • Progression re-balancing!
  • Healing items re-balance!
  • New PVP settings, including offline raiding protection!
  • Many exploit fixes!
  • Numerous fixes and optimizations!
  • …and much, much more!

notes
performance

• Fixed a number of connectivity issues.
  • Added a number of server side and client side optimizations, especially in regards of the building system.
  • Fixed a performance issue while playing the intro cut-scene on certain AMD hardware.

exploits

• Fixed a number of exploits that would allow a quick succession of attacks under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a number of exploits that would allow players to have infinite stamina.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow stacking bonuses on thralls.
  • Fixed a number of false positives in the anti-undermesh measures. This is a feature currently in testing only on Testlive official servers, so please send us any additional feedback you might encounter during your testing.
  • Fixed a number of unintended locations where players could build.

newadditions

• Temperature system overhaul.
    – All clothes and armor now have two stats - Heat Resistance and Cold Resistance.
    – Added indicators for a better representation of temperature changes in-game.
    – Removed soothing buff, and simplified temperature de-buffs.
  • PVP settings overhaul. They can now be adjusted per each day.
  • New Dynamic Building Damage setting. If enabled, buildings can only be damaged as long as the building owner (clan or individual) is online or after a certain period when logging off.
  • Added the ability to load custom maps.
  • Added a new options in game settings to disable camera shake.

crafting

• Fixed an issue where bonus recipes provided by blacksmith and carpenter Thralls were not available in crafting stations.

ai

• Horses would become hostile towards everything under specific circumstances. We said neigh to that.
  • Fixed an issue where followers’ chase and attack distances are reset upon session restart.
  • Followers should no longer teleport inside the map geometry when the player is climbing a surface.
  • Certain enemy NPCs in the Dagon dungeon and Midnight Grove can no longer hurt other NPCs with their AoE attacks.
  • Fixed a number of remaining hate list issues with world NPCs.
  • Fixed an issue where thralls would get stuck switching weapons.
  • Fixed an issue where scouting thralls could be damaged in unintended situations.

balancing

• Journey Steps now provide less experience.
  • Combat and gathering now provide more experience and resources.
  • Aloe Potions (potions) and Wraps (bandages) both now have animation requirements for their gameplay effects to trigger.
  • Potions now have a short animation before their effect is triggered and bandages have their effect applied continuously.
  • Being hot will increase your thirst-rate and at Extremely Hot, you will start taking damage over time and have a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.
  • Being cold will increase your hunger-rate and at Extremely Cold, you will start taking damage over time and suffer a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.

qol

• Items can now be used while placed in containers.

general

• Fixed an issue that would cause temperature resistances from building pieces to not be re-applied after a server restart, which could lead to player characters death on logging in. Yes, finally.
  • Fixed an issue where more than one avatar could be summoned at once.
  • Pet models in animal pens should no longer switch places and disappear after reloading the area.
  • Player characters should no longer be able to be killed while teleporting.
  • Removed soothing buff.

animation

• Certain big enemies and bosses would flinch hysterically when being hit. We asked them to tone it down a bit.
  • Fixed an issue with the horse dismounting animation.
  • Fixed a number of issues with riding animations.

ui

• Friends list should now be accessible with a controller or arrow keys.
  • Removed the Barbarian Edition button from the main menu.
  • Added new PVP settings and sliders to the Settings menu, under the general tab.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

12 Likes

HORSES !!! FIX THEM ! no one can freaking PVP in your game. Just 2 right clicks and gg ! 0 SKILL game, Thralls 1 shot with 1k armor and 4th perk vit. MAKE PVP GREAT AGIAN !

Looks promising was hoping for some changes on combat animations but the rest seem good.

1 Like

Well, I’ll spin up a server for whats left of my community and test it out, but I’m far from excited just yet.
Nice to see some testing happening before rolling it out, so that’s a good sign I suppose.

Hi, sorry if this is a really stupid question, but are all of these balances being applied just to siptah or are they for the existing game as well?

So after these notes I can kinda see that no changes with horses in PVP are made?

Like, seriously? You think horses are ok or what?

No stamina costs, huge damage, knockdowns lasting forever there is so much, and seems like nothing been done against that part?

Base game and Siptah.

1 Like

Ahhh thats amazing to hear! Thank you for your reply
:blush:

1 Like

This seems really nice on paper. Looking forward to trying this.

(Note : I now know, with the help of Conan Exiles, Atlas and New World why mounts are a strongly bad idea in a PvP game. I have to thank you for that even if I’m sure you never intended that :slight_smile: )

So basically… PvP servers will die? Let me paint a scenario for you.

Me and 5 others join a server. We decide we are going to anger everyone on said server. We landclaim around their bases. We don’t ever actually have to fight anyone to make them quit, just continuously annoy while they are offline via landclaim features. Before raid time, we all log out and enjoy a movie, take a nap etc. Everyone else can only land claim around our buildings, that is all. We log back in after raid time and are fine. Rinse repeat till people quit playing.

This is just one scenario of many I can think of. Offline raiding must be allowed, or everyone will abuse it.

You got me good funcom. Ive played off and on via my Ps4 for years, was Alpha on 3 official servers, and love the game. With this announcement I bought the game again, and ALL the DLC for PC. Only to come to twitter to see this less than 24 hours later.

Please. Do not ruin PvP by removing offline raiding. There is already set times. If you cannot find time in your life to be on a server that YOU choose during the set periods of raid time, then you should not expect to participate in an official server’s PvP hours. PvE exists. Private servers with this feature exist.

If anything, make a new section for it. This will literally ruin the PvP servers for good until removed, and anyone who actually PvPs knows this. I do not even need to “test” this feature.

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s players like the ones in your scenario who ruin the servers (all servers), not the rules of the server. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. Any players on any of my servers caught doing dirty bs moves like this soon find they cant log back in again.

So maybe the fix would be to have more responsive admins in those servers so as to rid the servers of these a-hole players.

4 Likes

Love the offline protection - but i wonder, what’s to stop the alpha’s from using family share alts to build landclaim walls around their bases that will be basically invulnerable? There’s already rampant abuse of family share by way of alts - things like alts exploiting, alts for body vaults, alts who can anonymously troll and harass. In short - this sounds like an extra way for it to be exploited. Have you considered this?

1 Like

yes me too, that a great move of funcom to have introduced offline protection, game will no more be a second job but a game, and it allow to solo player and small tribe to enjoy playing pvp server, and not just be abused by big clan all the time…

but yes you rise a very good point, knowing what people are able to do to grief others.

Thanks for the idea, i think peoples will find even more ideas like this to abuse the system.

Even without family share, the game cost only 13 EUR actually for a second account.

Why are we doing anything about Offline raiding? Raid time have limited windows already… If you are on a PVP Server and are not logging in during Raid hours, thats your own problem. Offline raiding protection should not be a thing imo lol.

So many people complain about this. If you cannot commit a few hours in the evening to ensure your building doesnt get blown up, go play on PVE-C…

2 Likes

How does the temperature changes affect building pieces? I read through the other post about it but it did not say anything about building pieces. Will they all have the same affect as armor? In that they will provide both Heat and Cold resist, but some will provide more heat, etc?

Will we still be able to raid a base during raid time even if none of clan member are log ?

I took a quick look at the test server and found a few issues, I’ll try to investigate them over the weekend.

Single player / no mods:

• Changing clothes (to one with better heat resistance) when the player is standing in the hot zone does not seem to affect the overheating effect (maybe I don’t understand the new system :sweat_smile:).
  • Many new items (probably from the new map) can be get using the admin panel (without having DLC).
  • You can get animals from the new map through the admin panel (without having DLC).
  • You can learn to create a rhino saddle (without having DLC).
  • You can’t drink a lotus potion while riding a horse.
  • Food has no eating animation (it will be OP).
  • You cannot drink aloe potion immediately after dodging/roll.
  • When creating a new game, a new map is automatically selected and the game cannot be started. New players may not know that they need to switch from the new map setting to the old map to start playing singleplayer.
  • The character is inside the horse during the dismount animation. In addition, the horse moves his legs as if he wanted to move sideways.
1 Like

This is my understanding too, raid time continues the same. But people logged in make their buildings pvp enabled until 30 minutes after they log out.

this is not how i understand it.

Raid time work as befor.
BUT if the new option is ON with X time after logoff, any time any day you can be raided when you are online until X amount of time after you logoff

so i do not realy understand why ppl arre speaking about offline raiding :thinking:

1 Like