PC Update (15.09.2020) - Update 2.0: Isle of Siptah - Balance, exploit and bug fixes, and much more!

Greetings, Exiles!

Today marks the day when we’re releasing the biggest expansion of content for Conan Exiles to date: Isle of Siptah!

With it, we’re also releasing a big update aimed at re-balancing, fine-tuning and improving some of our game systems to make gameplay more enjoyable and visceral.

We’re overhauling the temperature system by changing how building and clothing pieces protect your characters against the weather conditions, as well as relaying that information in-game in a more consistent and straightforward way. We’re also aiming at re-balancing progression by tweaking experience and resource gains.

On the combat side of things, we’re also adding a few changes to make your actions matter more, adjusting how healing items are used. We are also improving PVP settings for servers, adding not only options for each day of the week (instead of the old distinction of only weekdays or weekends), but also a new dynamic building damage system to expand the possibilities of player versus player combat and raiding beyond what was possible before.

In this update, we are also adding the possibility to load custom maps! This opens up the modding possibilities for Conan Exiles, allowing modders and players to expand the playground with new, community-made custom maps. We can’t wait to see in which ways our modding community expands the game in new ways not possible before.

We have also bundled in many exploit fixes, many general fixes including one that aims to prevent offline deaths based on temperature changes, a toggle for camera shake as well as many fixes to improve followers and world NPCs alike.

These are exciting times for Conan Exiles, and we’re extremely grateful to have all of you along for the ride.

Thanks for your ongoing support and feedback, and stay safe!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We recommend disabling all mods until each of them has been made compatible with this update.

highlights

Temperature system overhaul!

We have reworked how building pieces and clothing affect your character environmental protection, and also improved how temperature changes are relayed to you on screen. Gone are the soothing buff and insulation and temperature protection stats, and in come Heat and Cold protections and buffs. For more information on how this works, read here!

Progression re-balance

We have normalized experience and gathering gains across the board, and making them be the new default. For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!

Combat and PVP changes!

We are changing how healing items are consumed and work to make combat more visceral and your actions more deliberate. PVP server settings have also experienced a facelift, with new customization options, as well as a new Dynamic Building Damage setting to customize offline raiding, or disable it altogether!
For how this affects you, either if you play solo, in an official server or run your own private server, read here!

Isle of Siptah DLC expansion!

Isle of Siptah is by far the biggest addition to Conan Exiles to date. You’ll have a whole new world to explore, new legends to discover, new enemies to defeat – and a completely revamped endgame, featuring surges of magic, island vaults and a new environmental challenge: the Maelstrom.
Included in this expansion is the new Isle of Siptah, a place full of new challenges and content for you and your friends to discover. Two new building sets are also included: Flotsam and Stormglass. 3 new armor sets and new weapons, as well as the new rhino mount which will allow you to tame and ride a mighty new mount: the rhino!
For a full description of what this DLC expansion contains, check out the Steam store page!
Access to these new features requires owning the Isle of Siptah expansion DLC.

tldr

• New expansion DLC: Isle of Siptah!
  • Temperature system overhaul!
  • Progression re-balancing!
  • Healing items re-balance!
  • New PVP settings!
  • Many exploit fixes!
  • Load custom maps!
  • Numerous fixes and optimizations!
  • …and much, much more!

notes
performance

• Fixed a number of connectivity issues.
  • Improved loading times when connecting to a server.
  • Added a number of server side and client side optimizations, especially in regards of the building system.
  • Fixed a performance issue while playing the intro cut-scene on certain AMD hardware.

exploits

• Fixed a number of exploits that would allow a quick succession of attacks under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed a number of exploits that would allow players to have infinite stamina.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow stacking bonuses on thralls.
  • Fixed a number of false positives in the anti-undermesh measures. This is a feature currently in testing only on Testlive official servers.
  • Fixed a number of unintended locations where players could build.

newadditions

• New expansion DLC: Isle of Siptah.
    – A whole new map full of content, points of interest, crafting materials, fiends and secrets to unravel.
    – New building (Flotsam and Stormglass), 3 craftable armor sets and new weapons.
    – New endgame gameplay mechanics, such as the Surge, Elder Vaults and Sigil for you and your clan to experience and master.
    – Rhino saddle, allowing you to tame and ride a mighty new mount.
  • Temperature system overhaul.
    – All clothes and armor now have two stats - Heat Resistance and Cold Resistance.
    – Added indicators for a better representation of temperature changes in-game.
    – Removed soothing buff, and simplified temperature de-buffs.
  • PVP settings overhaul. They can now be adjusted per each day.
  • New Dynamic Building Damage setting. If enabled, buildings can only be damaged as long as the building owner (clan or individual) is online or after a certain period when logging off.
  • Added the ability to load custom maps.
  • Added a new options in game settings to disable camera shake.

crafting

• Fixed an issue where bonus recipes provided by blacksmith and carpenter Thralls were not available in crafting stations.

ai

• Horses would become hostile towards everything under specific circumstances. We said neigh to that.
  • Fixed an issue where followers’ chase and attack distances are reset upon session restart.
  • Followers should no longer teleport inside the map geometry when the player is climbing a surface.
  • Certain enemy NPCs in the Dagon dungeon and Midnight Grove can no longer hurt other NPCs with their AoE attacks.
  • Fixed a number of remaining hate list issues with world NPCs.
  • Fixed an issue where thralls would get stuck switching weapons.
  • Fixed an issue where scouting thralls could be damaged in unintended situations.

balancing

• Journey Steps now provide less experience.
  • Combat and gathering now provide more experience and resources.
  • Removed legacy healing effects from beverages and food. You can only heal now with dedicated healing items and potions.
  • Aloe Potions (potions) and Wraps (bandages) both now have animation requirements for their gameplay effects to trigger.
  • Potions now have a short animation before their effect is triggered and bandages have their effect applied continuously.
  • Being hot will increase your thirst-rate and at Extremely Hot, you will start taking damage over time and have a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.
  • Being cold will increase your hunger-rate and at Extremely Cold, you will start taking damage over time and suffer a Stamina-cost penalty on your actions.

qol

• Items can now be used while placed in containers.

general

• Fixed an issue that would cause temperature resistances from building pieces to not be re-applied after a server restart, which could lead to player characters death on logging in. Yes, finally.
  • Fixed an issue where more than one avatar could be summoned at once.
  • Pet models in animal pens should no longer switch places and disappear after reloading the area.
  • Player characters should no longer be able to be killed while teleporting.
  • Removed soothing buff.

animation

• Certain big enemies and bosses would flinch hysterically when being hit. We asked them to tone it down a bit.
  • Fixed an issue with the horse dismounting animation.
  • Fixed a number of issues with riding animations.

ui

• Friends list should now be accessible with a controller or arrow keys.
  • Removed the Barbarian Edition button from the main menu.
  • Added new PVP settings and sliders to the Settings menu, under the general tab.
  • Added filter in inventory to sort blueprints by DLC release.

8 Likes

See also:

So how do private servers choose this map?

nm, I am dumb

Is official servers up? none will populate for me?

take that back. the map defaults to exiled lands after save. I am using Gportal

welp content said it was already installed, but now im downloading 60 gigs of stuff, so i guess i didn’t have it fully installed yet, will check after its done downloading, probably this is my problem.

how to install the map on dedicated servers?

For those of you hosting a server for Siptah, @Toolguy is still working on an update for the tool to allow for a dropdown menu. Until then, add this to engine.ini:
[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings] ServerDefaultMap=/Game/DLC_EXT/DLC_Siptah/Maps/DLC_Isle_of_Siptah

Also there will be an update tomorrow or Friday with the proper backup of the Siptah game db, at the moment only the main map game.db is backed up.

Keep an eye on updates for the dedicated server launch tool here:

Cannot start game after update. Get an error that says corrupt data and to verify installation, then crashes to desktop. I verified files, but still will not start.
PS: I have not purchased the Siptah DLC. I am simply trying to start up the game locally to play the standard map that I have always used.

2 Likes

Im getting the same error, even after checking files.

i removed isle from the DLC list in steam and im still crashing.

I am also getting this error, but I do have mods installed. Is that also the case for you guys? I would suspect the mods to be the problem so it would be interesting to know if you are playing with mods or without.

Thanks

I have mods installed, yes.

I uninstalled all mods, still will not start. Same error.

Same problem - also verified files. Also have mods installed. How do I deactivate/uninstall mods without loading the game?

For those crashing on launch, check if you have any modlist here:
\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

If you have a modlist in there, remove it or rename it.

Link for the default installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

3 Likes

There might be errors until the mod authors update their mods. I would try to start the game without mods, but game crashes before I get to the menu, so I would need to unsub the mods from the workshop to test this. That should remove them from the game. Hopefully.

I had the same error. I fixed by deleting my Modlist.txt file. I did a validate to be sure but it passed and did not download any files. Seems like it might have to do with a mod list.

thanks will try that!

Edit; Tested this and it works, game loads!

Thanks for the find!

Removing the modlist.txt file allowed it to start. So, it seems that is the problem.