Verified Files (checked as verified)
Launched game
Crash during intro video due to corrupt files
Reverified files
reported as verified
Relaunch game
crash again (recrash) due to corrupted files
Repeat verification, relaunch, and crash loop

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. install update
  2. verify files
  3. launch
  4. crash

I am getting corrupted data now as well since the siptah update and i verified files and getting the same issue still.

Check this, may help with the issue:

1 Like

I’m getting the same error as well. Ran a verification twice.

EDIT: removing the modlist solved the problem for me

1 Like

ahhh…thank you that did the trick! (don’t know if it helped any but I also unsubscribed to all mods)

Yeah, you guys need to wait for the mods to get an update by their authors. a lot has changed and they need a bit of time to make the mods compatible again.

It would help if the game wouldn’t crash prior to reaching the menu that facilitated removal of the mods.

I was able to track it down to one of the more critical quality of life improvement mods. I’ve removed it from the load order and was able to launch the game to the menu.

1 Like

it is easier to remove mods via the modlist.txt which is located in \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods for default installation.

@Narelle Yes, after I saw your post to the linked workaround (which I flagged as the ‘solution’), I did rename the modlist file. I was able to get to the main menu. Then over the course of the past several hours, I’ve been able to narrow down the list of my selected mods that require updates.

Only one caused the game to crash prior to the menu. Several others would crash it when attempting to launch into single player mode for testing.

I now have a shorter list of functional mods, and a list of disabled mods awaiting updates, and my private server boots without any major losses. Just some QoL mods that are currently non-functional.

I do thank you for posting the link to the workaround. that said the past response remains valid. it would help if the game wouldn’t crash prior to accessing the menu. Having to dig into the game files is not as user friendly or obvious up front.

Would have been nice if there was a more streamlined system for getting into the game vs a 2min load to repetitive videos, followed by a menu, then a long load into the game world.

Oh sorry, I reposted this i dont know how many times already, kinda lost where it worked and where not. Glad it worked for you and yeah with such a major update we will have to wait for the mods to update, no way around it.

The reason for the game to crash before main menu is that the game loads with the mods if you have a local modlist which is why you don’t have to restart twice if your modlist matches the server’s, the mods are already verified by the client. Here the game client already tells you nope, can’t do with these mods. Generally, it is much faster to use modlists once you know how they work. You can even keep multiple and swap them as needed if you play on multiple modded servers.

There used to be a way to direct connect to the server skipping the main menu (utilizing SteamAPI!?) but I am not aware of such an option with the FLS. I guess you can disable the videos if you are tired of watching them :smiley:

Same for me, I get corrupted data on Lunch.
And I’m not going to remove the mods to play the game. I love my mods.

Then you will have to wait for them to be updated because if they don’t get updated, you will keep crashing. If you don’t mind waiting, then by all means keep your mods.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.