PC Update (15.09.2020) - Update 2.0: Isle of Siptah - Balance, exploit and bug fixes, and much more!

Cannot start game after update. Get an error that says corrupt data and to verify installation, then crashes to desktop. I verified files, but still will not start.
PS: I have not purchased the Siptah DLC. I am simply trying to start up the game locally to play the standard map that I have always used.

2 Likes

Im getting the same error, even after checking files.

i removed isle from the DLC list in steam and im still crashing.

I am also getting this error, but I do have mods installed. Is that also the case for you guys? I would suspect the mods to be the problem so it would be interesting to know if you are playing with mods or without.

Thanks

I have mods installed, yes.

I uninstalled all mods, still will not start. Same error.

Same problem - also verified files. Also have mods installed. How do I deactivate/uninstall mods without loading the game?

For those crashing on launch, check if you have any modlist here:
\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

If you have a modlist in there, remove it or rename it.

Link for the default installation: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Mods

3 Likes

There might be errors until the mod authors update their mods. I would try to start the game without mods, but game crashes before I get to the menu, so I would need to unsub the mods from the workshop to test this. That should remove them from the game. Hopefully.

I had the same error. I fixed by deleting my Modlist.txt file. I did a validate to be sure but it passed and did not download any files. Seems like it might have to do with a mod list.

thanks will try that!

Edit; Tested this and it works, game loads!

Thanks for the find!

Removing the modlist.txt file allowed it to start. So, it seems that is the problem.

It means that your client was trying to load a mod which is not compatible with the update yet. The mod authors will need a bit more time to get everything up and running.

Now having an issue where the game will auto-minimize and I can’t reverse it. Any suggestions?

well i did a fresh install and im able to get in game… got exited until i tried to create a SP game on the new map. says i dont own the DLC even though its listed in my DLC list.

sigh. i guess ill have to wait until funcom patches or something

edit: silly me diactivated the DLC prior to uninstall… re-enabled and it works lol

1 Like

I have a fresh install of a dedicated server for Siptah.
It boots fine, but the moment I add the Pippi mod, the server refuses to boot up and crashed with an error stating I have a corrupt file.
Running the verification of the server files completes fine. Only removing Pippi mod code gets the server to boot.

@PitMonk Have you updated Pippi today?

do you have a controller plugged in or sth?

If you unsubscribe a mod in Steam, it does not update the modlist.txt file. If this file contains the mod causing the crash, it will crash, whether you are subscribed to the mod or not in Steam. The best way to find the offending mod (or mods) is to unsubscribe from all mods, then delete the modlist.txt file. Then start adding your mods back, one at a time, until you find the one causing the crash. Pippi works, if you did update it this morning to version 3.3.3/

2 Likes

I use the Dedicated Server Launcher, it checks and downloads every time I launch the game.
I was just making you guys aware, Ive left it out for now and will add it back in a few days. The server is online already (without Pippi)
Thanks for the help.

I am getting an error trying to use the mod DungeonMasterTools. Reported this to the mod author. Hopefully an update will fix this.

May I ask,

Using the Dedicated Server Launcher 1.2.2, I have “anonymous” as my username. Do I need to be putting my Steam name into this box for the mods to work correctly now?