We have a new Testlive patch we wanted to get some feedback on containing some fixes for the most critical issues affecting the live version of the game, such as some optimizations to help with the performance struggles introduced in the latest patch as well as further inventory optimizations, fixes to many items that got stats altered and some extra tuning for the new animations.
As always, we thoroughly welcome and appreciate your feedback so please let us know down below any issues you might encounter in this build. Once we’re confident about the quality and stability of this patch, we’ll roll it to the live versions of the game.
Thank you, community, for your continued support.
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
- Optimized some texture sizes to generally improve performance.
- Optimized current assets to improve performance across the board.
- Fixed a number of crashes related to asset conflicts.
- Optimized files by deleting outdated and invalid assets.
- Additional file size optimizations to improve performance across the board.
- Increased the amount of logs in case of blueprint Virtual Machine crashes.
- Implemented latest Battle Eye security improvements.
- Fixed incompatibility with upcoming Windows 10 20H1 update (currently Insider Preview).
- Fixed a number of issues that would cause to apply incorrect missing damage values on some light combo steps for a number of weapon archetypes (two handed maces, 1 handed maces, daggers, bows, 2 handed and 1 handed axes).
- Fixed some instances in which battle standards would not allow combat to be enabled between players.
- Fixed an issue that would allow the placement brush of the Altar of Yog to cause damage to entities in contact with it.
- Fixed a number of issues involving incorrect armor values and protections.
- Improved running stop animation.
- Reduced the rate at which idle noises are played for player and NPC characters.
Trello Report Board
We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.