Testlive Patch (07.02.2019) - A few quick fixes that we wanted to get out

Hello Exiles,

We have a quick additional update for our TestLive Servers to address some issues that were reported from your side. Thank you very much for your feedback on these.

general

• Fixed a number of issues relating to building pieces ending up connecting at the wrong locations
  • Fixed an issue where the Server would allow a player to connect to the server without password if that same player was made an admin on the server
  • Offline hunger and drink modifier is now 0. No more starving or dying of thirst while offline. However, Heatstroke and Frostbite now increase thirst/hunger rate at a higher rate.
  • Fixed an issue where upgrading the Set Altar to Tier 3 would shift it forwards.
  • Fixed an inconsistency in the name of the “Raider Armor” Feat.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

We are still aiming to deploy all the current TestLive additions and fixes to all PC Live Servers at the start of next week and to Consoles ASAP after that as well.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here ! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here .

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants to install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

11 Likes

You guys are doing an excellent job! Listening, providing feedback and implementing. It is absolutely AWESOME!

5 Likes

Thanks for the new patch and bug corrections !

Will install it asap and do further testings. :wink:

5 Likes

Thank you for the new update and for also fixing Set altar.

Still seeing a bunch of loss of stability messages on server startup (testlive_US3_PVE). Should we be concerned?

1 Like

Nice work guys, will test more over the weekend :slight_smile: (unless you release it tomarrow) Btw when is the new voip coming to TL?

VoIP is coming with one of the next TestLive Patches. We’ll make sure to let you know asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please fix the connection issues first.
If the connection issues persist on the live servers everybody will quit.

Hi there,
What exactly do you mean by connection issues? Is this the issue you talked to Ignasi about, about connecting to TestLive server?
It’s working correctly on our end if that is the issue you are referring to.

What about all of the loss of stability messages that appear in the event log when server is started? Is that being addressed before going to live?

Hey there,

Our team is looking into it already :slight_smile:

Hi Tasha.
As we reported on the forum, during the testing on testlive we had a huge amount of connection issues:

• being dropped from the server multiple times in one session
  • not being able to reconnect for 24 hrs or more
  • going to a place on the map and getting disconnected (reproduces with 3 people) not being able to reconnect for 3 days.

There was no mention in the release notes that these issues were fixed, so I’m terrified at this point that these issues will be released to the live servers.

To be honest, I think the biggest issue with Testlive servers are the servers themselves. US3 was regularly giving me issues a week ago, to the point where I just quit playing it out of frustration. My own dedicated Testlive was not having the same issues. I think they just do a poor job of maintaining the servers.

I have since returned to US3, but only for an hour or two, every few days, just to keep a base alive and try out some vanilla, modless gaming on certain things.

@Tascha when you say “it is working correctly on our end”, I’ll be honest, it isn’t a reassuring comment. When you guys do testing, do you test on the same public testlive servers? If so, I think we would see way more activity on those servers. As it is now, the only people that are on US3 when I log in are people I know to be players that are posting on forums.

There is another game, from a developer on the other side of your rock (Wurm Online) and in their test server, you work on testing right along side the developers and GMs. It is very reassuring to know everyone is on the exact same platform, so our bugs don’t accidentally get dismissed as just being on “our end”.

My hunch is that you are right and it is fine in the code, but you have essentially dismissed 3-4 players finding with this comment, not giving them any reassurances.

It is like a manufacturing defect in a car. Maybe only one out of every 1000 cars will explode if driven a certain way, but you do the right thing and recall the car to fix the problem, rather than reporting that the factory owned test model just drove fine, so the problem doesn’t exist.

Maybe your team can check server logs for the server Sting01 and clan were stuck on and see if in fact the server was causing the issue and if that issue was just server malfunctioning or if the code was causing the server to have the issue? It just feels like something is being brushed aside here.

3 Likes

Thats exactly what Ignasi did while trying to figure out what was wrong. We couldn’t see any issue on our side and he communicated this accordingly.

1 Like

Ah, ok. I need to go read the original thread and do my homework. Thank you Tascha.

1 Like

Problem is, Tascha, there is something terribly wrong.
My teammate again was trown off the EU PVE-C server and can’t get on again.

I can’t stress this enough. If you release this next week with those error’s you will have destroyed the game.

It’s absolutely not our intention to brush players off. :slight_smile:

We’ll have another look.

I also can’t get onto the EU PVE-C . So … yeah.

Personally @Tascha, I don’t really mind getting brushed off.
I really care about the game, and I’m confident that if everybody experiences the issues our clan (and a lot of other players) had in just trying to play, it will finish off the player base and the game.

I’m pretty confident that you don’t want that, so I urge you to really dive deep into this.

Testlive_US3_PVE has been doing that every few days since this patch hit back in December. See all the posts about requesting the server be restarted, it is due to this problem. I think part of the problem is that they let these testlive servers just run until they die. Unlike the Official prod servers that get restarted every day.

Just tried to get onto Testlive_US3_PVE, and it is dead. It only lasted 1.5 days since it was last restarted for the latest update. not good.