Testlive Patch (24.02.2020) - Additional fixes and fine-tuning

Greetings Exiles!

We’re releasing a second Testlive patch aimed at addressing some of the feedback you’ve been sending us over the past week, including extending the management system’s range to global and archer AI bloopers. This is still a work in progress version of the final patch, so please keep sending us feedback about the current build so we can keep working on improving it.

You can check the previous patch notes here.

Thanks again for your ongoing support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

Currently Known Issues

• This build is still a Work In Progress, and some features might not work as intended. Please let us know of any issues you might encounter.

notes
performance

• Fixed a client crash issue regarding horses.

exploits

• Fine-tuned some anti-undermesh measures. This is still a Work In Progress.

crafting

• Flinthead arrows no longer require feathers to craft.

combat

• The effect of Set’s Tongue and Mitra’s Justice no longer persists until logging out.

ai

• Fixed an issue where archer thralls would become unresponsive after switching melee/ranged modes.
  • Skeleton pets should no longer drop their equipment when being rescued.
  • Fixed an issue where unarmed companions wouldn’t attack enemies after being rescued.
  • Fixed an issue where thralls would not follow their attack rotations and did no combos.

general

• Horses should now drop their saddles when rescued.

ui

• Cleared up some redundant information in pets’ info screen.
  • Fixed an issue with scrolling in the Follower Management screen.
  • Fixed an issue that was restricting the operational range of the management screen functions to LOD range.
  • Fixed an issue where the follower management screen would allow the cursor to still operate in the background, possibly triggering unintended actions.
  • The action drop-down menu in the management screen should no longer go out of screen boundaries.
  • Fixed an issue where fully populated Follower Management Lists may have had certain options hidden.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

7 Likes

@Ignasi, after updating I get

"And error occured while updating Conan Exiles - Testlive Client (missing executable):
…\FunconLauncher.exe

(full path stated above)
I already did “verify files”, same result

Edit: Did not check on location of the launcher on first itteration, but atm, there is not “\launcher” subfolder under “\conan exiles - testlive client” folder

1 Like

So they are useless now. Just when they give some non meta weapons to have unique styles to combat, it is removed. Makes no sense.

4 Likes

I have this exact issue as well with the FuncomLauncher.exe missing after update.

I have restarted computer/Verified local files/Cleared steam download cache/Used steam to repair my library folder.

My launcher subfolder in the testlive client seems to be missing as well.

1 Like

To me it looks like they removed the launcher but forgot to correct the link to executable.
Manually clicking executable (conansandbox.exe) still works.

Please remove “Funcom” launcher. There is zero positive reason from the player experience to go from one launcher (Steam), to another launcher (Funcom). to then finally get to a button to play the game payed for to play on the first launcher to begin with.

and the wrong discussion

2 Likes

Hey y’all,

We’ve updated the patch notes with a few new fixes confirmed by QA:

• Fixed an issue where thralls would not follow their attack rotations and did no combos.
  • Horses should now drop their saddles when rescued.
  • Fixed an issue where the follower management screen would allow the cursor to still operate in the background, possibly triggering unintended actions.
  • The action drop-down menu in the management screen should no longer go out of screen boundaries.
  • Fixed an issue where fully populated Follower Management Lists may have had certain options hidden.

We’re also aware of the missing files and we’re working to get it resolved ASAP.

3 Likes

I can’t even manually run the conansandbox.exe it gives error also

Please try .exe files in location “…\Conan Exiles - Testlive Client\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64”
I presume you tried the one in “…\Conan Exiles - Testlive Client”

Could you add a ‘‘Non-Agressive’’ option for the thralls? Ex: When you meet an allied clan in raid hours but you don’t want your thrall to destroy his face. Pretty sure i’ts nothing complicated to program and a lot of players would be really grateful.

Why not add more nests to gather from? Not like feathers are hard to get if you find the nest spots. (or can murder the emu’s. )

Or toss in some extra info on “shoot a enemy” journal entry about vultures nesting up top ledges.

You cant say removing buffs with 1 hit should be a thing?

I have to admit that I haven’t logged into Testlive yet, but plan to tonight/tomorrow. One suggestion I do have for the upcoming update to live is on the Thrall/Pet Info screen… Can you give us the level and experience bar? Seems like this should be basic information available here, instead of having to back out and then enter the Thrall/pet inventory screen in order to verify.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not looking to remove these from the inventory screen, that’s good information there, but I’d just like to see the more in depth screen show everything at once.

Thank you.

3 Likes

This is great but they still drop the equipment when killed/break bond. The wights drop their axe which seems to have infinite durability even though it can’t be modified because it says it is completely broken. Actually it is not and very usable. The other skeles also drop their weapons when killed but their weapons at least have durability:

In addition, when you open the list you can see the thralls which are in rendering distance and the ones that are not. So far so good:

When you try to use the menu on the one within rendering distance they get highlighted which is the way it should be. However, when you try to use the menu on the ones which are outside of the rendering distance, they don’t get highlighted and mistakes can happen easily:

4 Likes

IT could be tuned, but lets be honest, if i choose to use the lower damage weapon, it si strategic. Could it have been fine tuned to where maybe the final hit on the combo did the effect, yes. But as easy as it is to get 5 of the 7 atts buffed with the special fish, removing them during a skirmish was a tactical play. choosing to carry these weapons on your hot wheel meant you were missing something else from the meta build on your wheel.

1 Like

This works, but to be able to play on officials you will have to chose the BE… - version to play with Battle eye :relieved:

Does everybody know the B key is no longer in the Bindings? I think this change might cause significant unnecessary backlash, although I comprehend why it has been made this way, and see it as a continued move in the same direction as the new Playerlist Feature.

As a suggestion to improve, please consider adding a search function by name. Thank you for adding the “untrack all followers” option <3

Not related to the current patch but something minor, we still can’t see the last option in the Gameplay Settings:

4 Likes

not to be expert here but as I understand:
conansandbox_BE.exe = CE + Battleeye
And trust me: Calling this exe on regular game does get you on official servers. :thinking: