Greetings once more, Exiles!
We’re releasing a new patch with further improvements and fixes based on feedback gathered from Testlive. We’ve continued our work to make the Follower Management system be as robust as possible prior to its official launch, as well as some performance and UI fixes.
For this new patch we’ll be enabling the Follower Limit cap on Testlive Official servers so we can gather some feedback on possible issues that can’t be detected with it disabled. This doesn’t mean live official servers are seeing this change yet, it is just being enabled for testing purposes. Once we have a clear date on when we will enable this feature live, we will let you all know in advance via all our communication channels.
We will also enable the new undermesh measures on official Testlive servers. This way we can help identify possible issues with it before releasing and enabling them live. This is currently a Work in Progress feature and as such it might cause unintended issues. Please let us know about them, this feedback is extremely valuable to us.
Note: Access to the launcher has been limited for this build as we’re working on its next iteration based on feedback gathered. This should also solve the issue with missing executables some of you reported to be experiencing in the last build.
Thanks once again for your feedback and support.
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
Currently Known Issues
- This build is still a Work In Progress, and some features might not work as intended. Please let us know of any issues you might encounter.
- Improved network performance in the management screen.
- Fixed some memory leaking issues in the management screen.
- Fixed a number (+1) of crashing issues in the management screen.
- Further improvements and refinements were added into the anti-undermesh measures. This is still a WIP feature and is currently enabled on Testlive Official servers to help spot further issues with it.
- Resolved an issue where thralls would sometimes prefer unarmed attacks despite having a weapon available in their inventory.
- Fixed an issue where followers could not be rescued via the management screen if the player character was standing on non-static mesh structures covered with water.
- In between whipping sessions, our #spellchekker team managed to correct a number of mispelled NPC names.
- Corrected an issue where followers’ names are grayed out in the management screen if they are out of LOD range.
- Fixed an issue that would cause windows to overlap when opening a follower’s stat screen from the management screen.
- The last option in gameplay settings should no longer be blocked out of screen boundaries.
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.