Testlive Patch (02.03.2020) - Further refinements + Hotfix (03.03.2020)

Greetings once more, Exiles!

We’re releasing a new patch with further improvements and fixes based on feedback gathered from Testlive. We’ve continued our work to make the Follower Management system be as robust as possible prior to its official launch, as well as some performance and UI fixes.
For this new patch we’ll be enabling the Follower Limit cap on Testlive Official servers so we can gather some feedback on possible issues that can’t be detected with it disabled. This doesn’t mean live official servers are seeing this change yet, it is just being enabled for testing purposes. Once we have a clear date on when we will enable this feature live, we will let you all know in advance via all our communication channels.
We will also enable the new undermesh measures on official Testlive servers. This way we can help identify possible issues with it before releasing and enabling them live. This is currently a Work in Progress feature and as such it might cause unintended issues. Please let us know about them, this feedback is extremely valuable to us.

Note: Access to the launcher has been limited for this build as we’re working on its next iteration based on feedback gathered. This should also solve the issue with missing executables some of you reported to be experiencing in the last build.

Thanks once again for your feedback and support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

Currently Known Issues

• This build is still a Work In Progress, and some features might not work as intended. Please let us know of any issues you might encounter.

notes
performance

• Improved network performance in the management screen.
  • Fixed some memory leaking issues in the management screen.
  • Fixed a number (+1) of crashing issues in the management screen.

exploits

• Further improvements and refinements were added into the anti-undermesh measures. This is still a WIP feature and is currently enabled on Testlive Official servers to help spot further issues with it.

ai

• Resolved an issue where thralls would sometimes prefer unarmed attacks despite having a weapon available in their inventory.

general

• Fixed an issue where followers could not be rescued via the management screen if the player character was standing on non-static mesh structures covered with water.

ui

• In between whipping sessions, our #spellchekker team managed to correct a number of mispelled NPC names.
  • Corrected an issue where followers’ names are grayed out in the management screen if they are out of LOD range.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause windows to overlap when opening a follower’s stat screen from the management screen.
  • The last option in gameplay settings should no longer be blocked out of screen boundaries.

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

12 Likes

Using the controller on the follower list, the rectangular highlighting of the selected follower remains displayed on the statistics screen.

Screenshot

Using the controller on the followers list, the selected follower’s menu is shown in the center of the screen (regardless of the chosen follower).

Screenshot

A chest from Hanuman’s Grotto does not turn hearts into rewards

Screenshot

After selecting the Polish language in the game, some values of the statistics are not displayed correctly (or are not visible at all).

Screenshot

5 Likes

After selecting the Polish language in the game, some values of the statistics are not displayed correctly (or are not visible at all ).

In Spanish the same thing happens

1 Like

:heart: :two_hearts: :heart: :wine_glass: :cocktail: :tropical_drink: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :wine_glass: :heart: :two_hearts: :heart:

Are there 2 people in your clan by chance?

1 Like

This would be a great add if possible from the management screen. It would alleviate a lot of the player’s concerns about their best thralls. It doesn’t have to be excessive, just a few, and could have a lockout period to prevent any possible source of abuse.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

Whoa! Another patch so soon? I love this new release cadence! :metal: :heart: :metal:

2 Likes

Thank you, Funcom, for using Testlive to gather and fix problems before the patches hit live. The previous intent seemed to be using Testlive to assemble a list for a later patch, which irritated the customer and costs more money, not to mention weekend work by the devs.

/tip hat

Regards

jim

2 Likes

I believe someone on the forums did a test, and it seemed the newest thralls were culled every time they tested. Which would make sense, as a troll could join a clan add a bunch of Tier 1’s and then quit to try and make you lose fully leveled Volcano T4’s. when you weren’t on line.

1 Like

Thanks. I just remember seeing it. It could have been the RNG at work and it just happened to be the newest.

Can you comment on this? When you put a weapon in a thralls main hand, it always ends up in their inventory. If you have a full thrall inventory, you’re unable to move armour to the thrall at all - you have to clear one space in the inventory before it’s allowed (even if there’s an empty armour slot). The two of these combined is very annoying as the weapons on the thrall always end up in the inventory and dont stay on the thrall. I assume the weapon aspect has something to do with them not having a hotbar and when the weapon disappears from view it goes into inventory.

Would be ideal for it to stay in main hand but still not appear in their hands (ie them in a perm combat pose), but not end in inv.

1 Like

Logged to official testlive pvp US today and noticed a grave problem: nudity is set to none! This cant go live! Please fix it on next server restart! Free the tities!

2 Likes

That was me. I will have to do another test. I haven’t had the chance to test this patch yet. However, my results were pretty consistent. I wonder whether it works differently when you have legacy thralls and newly placed thralls. I have thralls placed from before the leveling system, thralls placed right after the mounts patch hit and newly placed thralls. From all these, only the thralls I placed in the current singleplayer session died. None of my previously placed.

@Shadoza were all your thralls placed in the current singleplayer session.

Now its time to make PVP enoyable again. Never seen so many people quitting since I dont even know. The only good stuff rn is that u tryin to deal with undermeshes, that’s perfect a bit late but perfect.

Now maybe u should consider making PVP as people wants it rather than devs believe what’s the best. :slight_smile: before u lose to many players that wont even gonna consider come back to the game. PEAJS

The limit on followers needs to be pretty liberal.

1. Having to share them with my only one clanmate is still a huge hit. We have multiple properties to defend. A castle each. And at least an Outpost at each obelisk. Should the purge happen while we’re offline, all our hard work is gone. Kills the desire to do any work at all. I can understand on pvp, but pve?

2. If we already have a bunch of thralls, what happens? You all just decide which we get to keep? All the hard found Dalinsias, gone? Hardly fair, especially since it’s rare to get a good role on one.

3. The selection of decent fighters is slim as hell. Cimmerian Bezerkers, Dalinsia, and Lian. That’s about it. With multiple thralls, I can start using some of the lesser ones, like Frigga, ECT. Variety is the spice of life.

4. Fighter vs Archer vs worker.
    Do workers take away from the thrall count? Hardly fair, you need a lot to have a fully functional base. Multiple armorers to account for your different ethnic armor sets. Cooks, the same.
    And on defense, you need both fighters and archers. Now we gotta choose between them? This is gonna make the game very bare bones and frankly a ton less enjoyable.

So, if you gotta cap it at 60, make it per player, not per clan. And don’t include workers or pets in that count. The animals and undead are so weak right now anyway. No fun. Building an army is half the fun of this game. Nerfing animals and undead sucks bad enough, now yas wanna take away the soldiers, too? C’mon, man. This is bull. It ain’t broken. Quit fixing stuff that isn’t broken.

Hey y’all,

We’ll be pushing shortly a very small hotfix addressing an additional crashing issue regarding the management screen (after using the Rescue option under certain circumstances).
We’ve also added a launch box to allow starting the game either with or without BattlEye.
Given the small size and scope of this hotfix, we won’t be publishing additional patchnotes and we’ll incorporate these changes into the current notes.

8 Likes

The best way to test the following limit is for a group to do a co-op on SP, clan up 4 people, then set limit to 0 and 1 per player. place 4 thralls. Tthen place 4 more. The 4 players need to have 4 thralls folllow, and see if any get scrubbed.

Strangely I’ve had that box that allows to choose to start it with BE or without for a long time. Unless you mean on the Funcom Launcher?

On this last build the normal Steam launch box was missing and the game would start straight from the executable. We’ve restored the box until we release the next iteration of the launcher for further feedback.

on Ps4 i believe it allows 4. Might be wrong, as i haven’t ever used it.