Testlive Hotfix (23.10.2020) - Fixes, More Fixes, and then some Balancing

Greetings, Testlive Exiles!

We’re releasing a hotfix for the latest update, addressing a few exploits, some balancing concerns regarding the new crafting benches and the surges, as well as providing fixes for many issues reported by the community.

Thank you for all the feedback provided and for taking the time to test the Economy Update in the TestLive environment!

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes

exploits

• Adjusted certain areas of the Siptah map for the anti-undermesh measures. This is a feature currently in testing only on Testlive official servers.
  • Refined Pym Particle effects reversal to also affect the unconscious, oversized Exiles #attackonexilesseason2
  • Nuked the nuclear arrows

newadditions

• Added effects to the new crafting benches
  • Added unique icons for each of the new thrall specializations

building

• Fixed benches introduced in the Economy Update 2.1 having the same hit points value
  • Fixed Blacksmith’s, Alchemist’s, Delving, and Tinker’s Benches lacking light switches and crafting process visual indicators
  • Adjusted the placement meshes for some of the new specialized workstations
  • Fixed Thrall placement for the Casting Table and Dyer’s Bench
  • Fixed the LODs for the Carpenters Bench
  • Fixed a few graphical issues affecting the Blacksmith Bench and the Tannery

crafting

• Fixed Tools recipes not being available in the crafting benches after learning them from Feats Tab
  • Fixed Grandmaster Armorsmith feat not being possible to unlock on its required level due to required feats
  • Fixed the missing recipes for the T3 Carpenter Bench

ai

• Fixed the names of all NPCs on dedicated servers missing and they all being [PERFORMER] types
  • Fixed players being able to change their mounts’ size through the Vanity Mirror
  • Encouraged Thralls to stop eating Legion Weapons * cracks whip *

balancing

• Added T2 and T3 crafters to wild surges and improved the spawn rate of T2-T3 crafters in normal surges
  • Change requirement for summoning surges from Decaying Eldarium to Hardened Steel
  • Updated Crafter Thrall values for T4 specialized crafters so that they never go below the values of T3 Crafters
  • Tweaked spawn tables for Surges to ensure consistency across different Surge types

qol

• High-level weapons and armors can now be crafted in the T2 and above benches, allowing T2 to be the “Best in Class” in terms of size footprint

general

• Fixed new Hairstyles and Facial Hair options being available without the Siptah DLC
  • Fixed the loss of 5 Feat points upon death or leaving the session after unlocking the Novice Rhino Saddle-maker Feat
  • Fixed Worker Bee & Queen Bee fish trap drop rates being reversed
  • Fixed Leyshrine Brazier changing its texture to placeholder one while being lit.
  • The Vanity Mirror bench can no longer be placed and used underwater
  • Fixed the Vanity Mirror character changes not being saved on Dedicated Servers
  • Fixed equipped armor disappearing from character model when changing race with the Vanity Mirror
  • Fixed a possible permanent “Heatstroke” effect caused by equipping temperature resistant armor while affected by changes to corruption
  • Improved the visuals on a few of the new male and female faces
  • Provided further refinements to the hair shader
  • Removed incomplete mod kits that were dropping in the Unnamed City

terrain

• Fixed “The Depths” point of interest discovery trigger point being set under the mesh

ui

• Fixed the placeholder icons and missing recipes from Dark Templar Armor and Guardian Armor regular and epic feats
  • Fixed the “Interact” option not being functional in the Vanity Mirror’s Radial Menu

community

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

8 Likes

Thanks for the update.

5 Likes

This is an interesting update, especially the swap of hardened steel in place of decaying eldarium for summoned surges. That nicely removes the tension between the delving bench/eldarium weapons and summoned surges, but let’s face it: the bottleneck for summoned surges is the drop rate and value of ???s.

I am most concerned about the changes to fish traps, and their impact on the overall grind rate for crafting. We have material reductions in place now, and more efficient furnaces, so no complaints on that side of things. But, just how terrible is the insect grind going to be? Will we all end up with rows and rows of compost heaps to keep our fish traps in shape? Does that mean we will be fueling them with feral flesh, since we certainly won’t be doing it with decaying cooked shrimp anymore? Will the resulting horizontal-space requirements for our bases be a problem on Siptah, which has far less open space than EL, along with “choke points” for available building space (i.e., the leyshrines)?

It looks like there’s a learning curve that will allow players to streamline the grind for this new mechanic, and that’s as it should be. But, the proof is in the pudding, as in, I’m reserving judgment until I experience the effective “grind rate” first hand.

4 Likes

Vanity Mirror no longer can adjust the character’s height and body portions. Please return. This was a nice feature to have to correct issues with the starter character model. BTW- lots of good changes. Looking forward to it. I hope the game doesn’t become too grindy. We’re losing players on official PVP servers. :frowning:

6 Likes

Hey, can someone who has testlive installed check something weirdly specific for me?

1. Is there an Improved Casting Table, or whatever it’s called, or just the basic one?

2. Do casting tables, optionally, take an armorer thrall?

3. Does the jewelry increase in stats if crafted with a thrall attached to the bench? If there is an improved casting table, does it make jewelry with better stats than the basic one?

3 Likes

What does this even mean?

Not precisely a note on the patch, but trying to open the patch notes (more precisely, Testlive News, I suppose) on Steam gives me “This item is currently unavailable in your region”.

I’m North America, for reference.

Pretty sure he’s referring to this -

1 Like

Can we get a description of what each icon does on crafters w/a specialty? Currently the item info just shows their name and weight; it’d be really nice if there was “This armorer is skilled at crafting durable armor” or whatever. Yes, there’s an icon, but it would still be nice and more accessible to newer players.

1 Like

Mirror :mag_right: issues:

• The mirror no longer has the option to adjust the body settings - it might have been intentional, but…
  • …but changing the race reset all body settings to the default value.
  • Also, changing races changes armor to the base color. Temporarily, because the color comes back after putting the clothes on again.

Work stations :scissors: :

• Thralls give less recipes in new work stations than in old ones. I tested named armorers T4, in the old stations they give about 10 (special) recipes more.

Playing Conan Exiles. Found a new Shieldwright thrall, She-Who-Wears-Mens-Skin. Of interest is that when I retreated from the encounter with her and another t1 thrall, she started attacking the other thrall… eventually killing him.

• No, there is only one casting table.
  • Yes, you can use an armorer thrall (no cost reduction though).
  • Yes, without thrall = +9 agi for full set // with T4 thrall = +14 agi for full set
3 Likes

has anyone figured out the legendary repair kit question yet? i’m stumped… would be nice to have confirmation from FC that they intended to remove these from the Purge BS, and if so, is there another way to craft them now, instead of just trying to grind for the kits by killing npc’s.

Yes:

3 Likes

Does it also raise the armor value? Because I almost can’t shake the crazy feeling that, for certain playstyles, this makes the jewelry “armor” an almost, maybe, actually viable light armor? I mean, +14 agility is a lot of effective armor increase, right?

Now if we could just get them to add an Epic Goldsmithing feat and the Improved Casting Bench …

1 Like

Thanks!!

I had 105 with the +14 set (crafted with T4 armor thrall) and 58 with the +9 set.

1 Like