We’re excited to bring to Testlive our first iteration of our next game update. As we mentioned in the past, we wanted to focus on game balancing regarding thralls and followers now that AI stances and the command system have been implemented into the game.
We’ve been listening to your feedback and we agree that they were perhaps a bit too powerful now. Followers felt like the heroes while players remained sidekicks to the AI deeds.We want players to take an active role in combat and be the hero, and then bring along a helper or sidekick to assist in taking out the biggest threats. In regard to PvP combat, we also want that to be more about players fighting other players, and less about avoiding one hit kills from followers in hopes to land some hits.
We’ve also given some attention to avatars and fixed some of the crippling issues they experienced, in hopes of being able to bring them back again in the near future.
As always, we’d love if you could give this patch a try and send us any feedback you might have about the new changes and balancing so we can keep improving on it in future revisions of this build.
Thanks again for your ongoing support and feedback. Stay safe!
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.
Currently Known Issues
- Recipes provided by thralls are not available on crafting stations. Current workaround is to restart the server or rejoin the session.
- The game might crash while refreshing session invites in the friends list, or when a certain amount of time passes while minimized.
- Introduced a number of server optimizations.
- Implemented a new Funcom Live Services system. This includes functionality for an in game Friends List and improvements to the Server Browser.
- Fixed an issue where follower commands would not function correctly in certain sections of the Sunken City dungeon.
- Fixed a number of issues with world NPCs regarding the hate list.
- Fixed an issue where followers would not teleport correctly when leaving a dungeon.
- Archers should corrrectly use power shot when wielding a bow now.
- Ramps and sloped roofs are AI friendly now.
- Summoning tokens now have a 6h expiration (down from 48h)
- Summoning tokens can no longer be transferred between inventories. As an exception, they can be looted from a player’s corpse.
- Re-balanced followers HP and damage across the board.
- Reduced HP gain by an average 33%. Some high tier followers received an additional 16% reduction on their base values.
- Reduced melee damage by an average 40%.
- Reduced ranged damage by an average 30%.
- Removed the penalties for thralls who use attacks outside of their specialization.
- Avatars should no longer be able to damage structures inside a protection dome.
- Fixed an issue that would make a player unable to attack, jump or dodge under specific circumstances.
- Lures should be working correctly now.
- Fixed an issue where a protection dome could remain active even after the destruction of its shrine.
- Fixed an issue that would render a follower’s health bar invisible after taking damage.
- Nameplates should now be visible when on horseback.
- Followers that have been renamed will now show their custom name instead of the default one in the event log.
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.