Quick Testlive Hotfix (17.02.2019) - More crash fixes

Hey folks!

We have rolled out another quick Testlive hotfix to take of some additional crashes. We’ve also changed the game settings for so called garbage collection, which should help with the game stuttering in places. Thank you to our players for inspiring this particular fix.

notes
performance

• Fixed two crashes related to buildings
  • Changed garbage collection settings, which should help with stuttering
8 Likes

No rest for the wicked eh? :smiling_imp:
Nice one guys. Thank you for all the hard work and long hours!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. You people rock!

2 Likes

I am looking forward to giving this a good run. Thank you for the update!

Well that did it. Now it plays super-smooth without any .ini changes. Thanks for the new addition!

1 Like

The update did not fix my giant lag spikes. No change at all. I go to the same places where I recorded video before and exactly the same, as far as I can tell.

But when I change this temporary fix back on (gc.BlueprintClusteringEnabled=False) it works great. Lag is virtually eliminated.

I’m new to this game, and my friend set up a dedicated server just last week. We were wondering, do we need to restart/wipe the server to receive all the new updates?

I use the Dedicated Server Launcher and it automatically updates the server code, every time you restart the server. You do not need to lose your characters or game progress.

Just wondering if anyone else is getting corrupted .pak files after each testlive update? Running the verify integrity fixes it, but seems odd that it should keep happening. It is odd because after yesterdays update i was able to login OK and played for a bit, but then today it tells me a file is corrupted.

No, no troubles, was on my server just before, and all the day, this after update of course.
Must be a problem on your side.

No corruped .pak files for me. Been playing each of the testlive updates for hours and no problems.

Been playing on Testlive_US3_PVE a bunch today and working on upgrading my base a bit from sandstone to stonebrick and some black ice. Came back after dinner and it appears the game didn’t like what I was doing and decided to move some stuff around, and it also made one wall invisible.

This wall no longer shows and you cannot go through it.

I had my clan mate login and he was also seeing the same thing.

Hopefully the delay in the patch in regards to building issues fixes this stuff. Or maybe it is just because testlive_us3_pve has not been restarted in over 3 days.

Also forgot to mention I was out exploring a bit to get away from my base for while to see if it would reset if no one was around, but no such luck. I did find a bunch of floating thralls, so guess that issue is back or never fully got fixed.

2 Likes

New patch means new patch notes: