Testlive Patch (29.11.2019) - Mounts! Follower leveling system! More combat rebalancing! But...by Crom! There's even more?!

Arrow in the hand bug is back after you fire your bow from horseback

Remarkable ! Having fun on testlive, and will feedback anything odd.

First noticed …
When autorunning on foot, I can open inventory or map, etc. and continue travelling. When doing the same on horseback, the horse stops until I close the offending window. Intended?

Regards

jim

4 Likes

Is it just me or “accelerating” in this patch is way too slow while in combat? I understand that funcom is trying to get people to commit to a fight but this approach makes the game feel unresponsive.

Per the dev stream yesterday, no, not at this time. It’s in my summary.

2 Likes

My only DEV question is WHEN is it going live.

Some of us that have 60 odd thralls and pets have a line of 20 of them up for deletion.
they are naked and ready for dismissal.

If by chance NO delay time between the patch going live and all our collector rare thralls are auto dismissed by FUncom.

I hope you all are ready for the fallout when you delete thralls for being over limit.

Dont you think this will aggravate players?

They just talked about it in the dev stream yesterday. Early December is still the current ETA.

They aren’t immediately turning on the Thrall limit. You can find all the Thrall information in one of the various sources below.

1 Like

THE NOT SO GOOD :-1:

But why…!? It has never been an issue beforehand, so why after a year and a half do we suddenly have to nerf this now too!?

Another frankly uneccessay nerf.

Boo!!!

#Ifitaintbrokedontfixit
#Downwithsushiroll

4 Likes

Make sure to properly test it first :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I will, I will…I promise. :innocent: And I know Im just being a grouch. But thats just me on a normal day. :laughing:

4 Likes

I’ve been doing some dodging and I feeeeeel soooooo slooooooowwwww now. That combined with the running makes me feel like I am constantly encumbered in battle. This is going to take a long time to get used to. Now you don’t dodge to get away. Feels like walking away would achieve the same result, unless you put points in for the armor buff perk.

Not a fan so far.

2 Likes

Yes, PCs have the same issue. When I want to do that, I have to build a whole bunch of sandstone walls, pillars and wedges to make it work. If I don’t forget, I’ll do a tutorial on how to make that work pretty consistently. But yeah, it’s a HUGE pain in the nethers.

They have stated repeatedly that there will be a grace period. I don’t think they’ll change that.

2 Likes

I love tutorials and looking foward to seeing it!

Here’s a question I don’t think I’ve seen asked yet…

Once they start deleting the over the (ridiculously low) limit thralls, will legacy thralls be deleted in preference to level able thralls?

2 Likes

Think it will be random. Dunno though.

Yeah, that makes about as much sense as not providing a thrall count, so you’re probably right.

They said it’ll be random. Although I have no way of confirming it, I believe it means completely random without any additional logic.

Very exciting this to put this on Testlive. I skipped some sleep to see :slight_smile:

So far I am pleased with the changes. Especially the slight offset before going into full sprint has a huge impact on the game. It was the first time I ever got killed running naked into the sandstorm temple east of the noob area. The dodgeroll workes fine for me. You can’t evade any situation anymore as it used to be.

Will you also fix the thing that it makes you immune to explosive damage? I think players should be vulnerable while rolling.

I still want to test this on official servers where server laggs might reduce the positive effects.

For questions and information about the follower cap please refer to its corresponding thread.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

A lot of visible effort on this one. Congratulations to the Dev team and THANK YOU!!! Now let’s see if it all works together :smiley:

4 Likes

Momentum huh, ill download testlive just to see what kind of momentum you guys are talking about, im having doubts but guess ill see soon.