THX ! I must say thanks funcom for all this work!

You can have legitimate criticism before the patch even hits (which many of us did).

The whole patch was a hot mess that alienated a sizable portion of the player base.

The patch was pushed to TestServers and the same time they pushed code to Xbox and Sony, so not only was the TestServer time pointless, but there was no time to catch the plethora of bugs that came with it (as history has shown, Funcom often ships patches with bugs and are showing no signs of improving).

People can be reflective of things and discuss the potential ramifications without having to experience them. Just the experience of the ramifications give weight and credit to what was said before. Essentially everyone that rose their voice in protest was proven correct by Funcom themselves.

What you are stating is contradiction. To make the game (and fighting in the game) more enjoyable, the worst possible way to do that is to surprise us with game changing overhauls and asking us how we like them after the fact. I canā€™t think of a more dysfunctional style of development.

Funcom did do a great job with the release of this game. Its in a catagory of its own. But that doesnā€™t excuse them from doing a sub-par, fast and loose overhaul of appreciated systems today.

That isnā€™t a great job. When you have most the community divided with the majority leaning towards ā€˜I donā€™t like thisā€™, Funcom isnā€™t doing a good job.

Donā€™t try to police or dismiss other people and their investment in this game just because you feel sorry for the feelings of a business that isnā€™t following terribly good business practices.

While I personally feel your opinion on this patch is equipped with blinders, that is a entirely valid stance to take if the changes didnā€™t effect your game time negatively, and no one can tell you otherwise.

That same concept works for this side of the board too. Iā€™m not in a friendly relationship with Funcom. I pay for their product and I want it to continue to deliver as it initially did, and if so, I will continue to pay.

Their only obligation is to draw my interest, which they are currently failing, and my only obligation in return is to pay them for their work, if it seems worth while.

This isnā€™t a free ticket to be rude. But I am overly sick and tired of criticism automatically being shuffled off as rude or mean spirited when in reality, we are just players with love and investment in the game.

Disqualifying dissenting opinion as complaining and overreacting is far more rude and dismissive. You are being entirely hypocritical.

5 Likes

This is a really great update!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the release notes / change log. So many extra bugs fixed and gameplay adjustments in addition to new features offered. Somewhere I wanted to thank the developer for all of this good work!

Sure, Iā€™ve detected some new and problematic bugs. Separate reports will be submitted by all.

Back to the update, Iā€™m very impressed by the mounts. Their adoption was smooth and it has opened up the map for me, with the fast travel and mounted combat.

Thrall Leveling is quite nice. I donā€™t miss my old thralls as much as I thought I would. It gives me something to do, re-capture and training. I was concerned for all of the other players who have invested days / weeks on collecting a hand-crafted selection of upper level followers. For those that can control or recommend their mods, the Pickup+ mod was excellent in converting all old thralls to the new system, just like I suggested on the Feedback thread. Too bad the solution was provided by the community, and not Funcom. They could have easily undertaken that task and received kudos for it.

Some really vocal people calling for heads!

Our private server with mods really love the immersion of Conan Exiles. Some mods should be built in features but since those mods rarely break and I have made a private heavy RP hard core server they are essentially ā€˜built inā€™ from my/our perspective. We also use Better Thralls to up the follower count to 2 which particularly helps with the new horses.

The new motions, horses, DLC packs, weapons, cool stuffā€¦better stability now (referenced since November 2019) all awesome. Good to see Funcom sticking with this game and smoothing things out! Also the content is for the most part really well done. There are some ā€˜WTFā€™ things in this latest DLC/Update but nothing out of the norms from this company. Perhaps they will be fixed or perhaps not.

I give thanks to Funcom as well for making this game a lot better.

1 Like

I appreciate the call for some ā€˜positiveā€™ feedback to counterbalance all the grievances and criticism, though I would hardly say everyone has only been complaining. Iā€™ve been reading a wide variety of opinion (both praise & criticism), most of it thoughtful and constructive, even if some certainly does get strident.

It is quite possible, typical even, for people to love certain aspects of a video game while vehemently criticising other parts of it. This is normal and healthy. After all, progress can only be made due to criticism, although learning to accept it well and to be genuinely grateful for it can take a lifetime.

Iā€™ve noticed a trend on video game forums where some people seek to dismiss, ridicule or shut down dissenting voices, presumably because reading such perceived ā€˜negativityā€™ detracts from their own enjoyment of the game and their time on the forum. While this is reflective of broader societal problems in engaging with dissenting opinion, there should be no need for such censorial attitudes when it comes to the relatively trivial importance of video games.

We all have our preferences and opinions. We know what we like.

However, I would hope we could all try to be more tolerant of reading things we donā€™t like or that make us uncomfortable. Reading someone elseā€™s negative opinion shouldnā€™t be a problem, but rather an opportunity. Likewise, many times on this forum I have seen very innocuous posts flagged as inappropriate, which suggests that some people are having trouble deriving multiplicity of meaning from text, or are too easily offended.

Criticism is necessary and vital, though learning to parse the more barbaric forms of it for meaning is a skill that requires practice.

If one canā€™t be civilly offended, one canā€™t think.

That said, Iā€™ll join the OP in thanking Funcom for all their hard work, and all the many changes they have made to improve the game. And it is a truly great game, for all its flaws. Tonnes of fun. At least, I think so.

They can thank me for my money (and criticism) some other time :wink:

3 Likes

I have enjoyed what i have played so far. The leveling of thralls is more fun than i thought. It is basically like re-leveling my character. I feel like i am taking a student on my grind path. Vry Jedi Master and Padawon feel.
The cliff diving will take some getting used to.
I used to be :
hp

Now I have to think about it. The same for the dodge roll. I finalyy was able to use heavy armor, and felt like a strategic timed roll helped me. Avoid then counter. That is melee fighting. Not oops, roll out, heal, heal, restam and try again.

Both the roll, and the cliff diving change makes it a true journey thru CE lands. Before, you basically ran straight ahead, and if you came to a cliff, you power slid down it. now that is not a given, so you may have to go around. This alone makes traveling by horse a necessity imo.

The startup animation is a bit weird. Maybe a slight increase would not hurt in the speed of it.

Havenā€™t got to use the treb yet in actual warfare. I will see. The HP didnā€™t seem to be increases, so it is still 1 bomb and its done. Would have liked to see higher tierd version. Especially for the time it takes to craft the pieces. A lot of time planning and waiting for 1 bomb to obliterate. But I do like the trajectory thing. Makes me want to test it on all variations of settings to see the distances i can achieve.

All in all, i very big thumbs up for me.

3 Likes

I give the team my sympathies for having to develop under the pressures that shaped these changes to the game.

Thatā€™s a self inflicted wound by the company as a whole and should be addressed internally.

Mount Hype detectedā€¦

1 Like

I agree, if people would just play the game instead of screaming on the internet, they would already be used to the momentum changesā€¦that harvesting bug has to go though).

combat will be much more meaningful now that you cant roll around invincible and just faceroll everything

4 Likes

Yeah, so where do you think where skill can make the difference in a battle.

Well I guess that would be your opinion , it is not screaming on the internet to say you are unhappy with the changes and its wonderful you like them but many many do not.

Well it did not make the fighting more fun not for me at least and not for many of us but it seems we who do not like it are suppose to shut up and just get used to it as if we show our discontent we get made fun of or poked for not enjoying this broken filled with bugs update.

And I love this, I love that everything represents danger. Thatā€™s how itā€™s supossed to be, we are not superhumans, in the lore of the game we are just humans. You canā€™t roll 200mts away from a rhino in real life.

1 Like

I do also give much negative feedback but mounts update is mostly positive so voted with my wallet and bought the rest of the missing DLCs, keep em coming, new map next year with settlement and sorcery ?
:wink:

3 Likes

Heard that. I pretty much have to tear myself out of the game to drop in here and elsewhere. Thatā€™s howcome I missed your post, I think.

Well to be honest how many of us would be stupid enough to be close enough to a rhino we needed to roll away in real life is first thing, second its a game, we are suppose be gods not wimps.

1 Like

And how many of you guys move half the distance your characters do from bench to bench? :wink: lets be honest then.

First off not a guy , second what? Do not know about you but I move so much further then from a bench to a bench like our toons do but funny how my feet are not stuck in mud in real life like they feel like they are now in game.

2 Likes

I doubt it, but okay, let me change the example then. How many of you go around crafting resources like your characters do?

and what far off, obscure point are you trying to make with a question like that? What does that have to do with, essentially, anything?