Upcoming Epic Armor Changes

The upcoming patch on Testlive says that you don’t need the base armor to craft epic, instead they increased the required mats for the epic.

Anyone on Testlive know what they increased it to? I’m thinking of decking all my thralls out in matching armor, but if I’m going to end up losing a lot of stuff then I’ll wait. But if they are increasing it so that there’s not much difference then I’ll go ahead, I don’t mind switching back and forth between benches.

3 Likes

The regular armor piece is such a small part of the total cost for a flawless epic piece that I don’t think it’s worth waiting if you’re otherwise ready now. Especially since some or all of that cost will simply be rolled into the epic armor piece cost.

But interesting question all the same. I feel it’s a good change, hopefully we won’t need the old armor benches at all any more. I’d check for you (I want to know too, now that you brought it up!) but am away from home until later today.

2 Likes

I think we will need both. While I love wearing epic flawless I often times just go out with flawless. The with the new passive regen on neutral temperature. Having these is solid.

Id be fine if they lumped them into one bench.

I also like simple flawless for PVP. Easier to craft and the epic flawless is expensive if you lose.

I like to have both.

But I am glad they removed the need for the regualar armor from the epic flawless.

My preferred armor is super easy to fix regardless so it makes me happy.

1 Like

why go with normal flawless when you can mix the epic flawless parts? i normally wear 3 parts heat + 2 cold.

1 Like

to avoid feeding good gear to your enemy on pvp servers

1 Like

Agreed. They both give a +9. And with your glass cannon build makes more sense.

1 Like

Dudes now Flawless armor just as weak as cloth beginner armor. PFFFTT

You still need the perfected parts. Not sure which armor you are interested in but here are some examples for heavy armor pieces (base costs no armorer) since you mentioned thralls:

1 Like

I think it’ll probably be more resource intensive post-patch (costing hardened steel instead of iron, leather and thick leather) but it’ll be A LOT more streamlined/convenient. And that’s a trade I’m happy to make.

1 Like

To avoid feeding people good armor on a PVP or PVe c server. Like Ranson said

1 Like

Correct. No point on wearing my PVE gear. If I get jumped I lose nothing other than time. Chitin is easy. Im swimming in the stuff.

Good thing I barely have to replace it.

Side note for my thralls, i only use Heavy Epic Flawless Khitan. Basically a Northern Encumbrance build is all it is good for on players. And it save storage space of storing it for when i need it to farm the north. No PVP meta armors for my enemies :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.